Forum › Posts by DeltaCZ

Flowers-le-volume-sur-ete-screenshot
joined Nov 22, 2018

No, I'm almost certain he was asking if Saki liked Shizuku in a friendly way.

If this is true then i stand corrected but can you ellaborate why you think that's the case. Personally i have no idea why he would need to ask Saki if she likes her sister in a friendly way when the answer is already so obvious especially for him since he was literally observing them all day.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I’m sorry if any of that comes off as standoffish. I know it’s more likely that you haven’t seen the official description for the series or the raws, so I’m just trying to be informative!

Not at all, thanks for the info!

joined Nov 22, 2018

Have you considered the fact that the title might reference a point of time ahead of the current point in the story.

So the chapter 3, because thats literally what we are talking about. The title implies that the brother knows her sister's a yuri and chapter 3 shows that with the scene where the brother ask if saki likes her sister, and the fact that he can asked that question so casually in the first place means he's not a stranger when it comes to girls liking other girls. He was even wondering why saki wants to keep it a secret when it was so obvious that her sister also feels the same way(im honestly wondering too).

joined Nov 22, 2018

It certainly can mean, and be read as, that. But it is under no obligation whatsoever to actually mean it at least in such straightforward sense.

It can only mean as that, theres literally no other reason why would the author implies that the brother knows her sister is a yuri with that title. Its a first person pov title where the protagonist himself describes the premise of the story which means it will never be false unless it was shown that the protagonist is a liar (or unless the author wanted to mess up with the readers and started making it as a het series or incest) and your other example,while it has a fp pov title, is about the protagonist's personality which could change depending on the development, both are not comparable.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 2:01AM

joined Nov 22, 2018

Well... there are some titles that have nothing to do with the work... and there are others that describe their work waaaay too accurately... That's the kind of thing I learned from the only 2

And it should be pretty obvious that this manga's title is literally the premise of the story.

From what I understood from the fanarts and comments to them, the protagonist (I think her name is Tomoko? Correct me if I'm wrong) isn't at all popular with the boys at her school, but is very popular with the girls. I remember one commenter to one of those fanarts half-jokingly saying that the manga should be renamed "It's not my fault I'm a chick magnet!"

I only watched the anime and she sure as hell aint famous with anyone. I heard it started becoming a yuri manga in the later chapters though.

joined Nov 22, 2018

You do realise you pulled that rule out of your hat right. The title can be whatever the Hell the author, editor and/or publisher think good and however abstract they want.

They choose a title base on what they wanted to imply, theres a lot of LN/WN that has the same title structure, its a famous structure since it's a really straightforward way to describe your work, you can take it as face value. The title here literally means and implies that the brother knows her sister is into yuri so i will take that as a fact.

To illustrate the point invoking the herein oft-mentioned but sadly unhosted It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular should be enough as the title is patently false on multiple counts and for reasons that change over the course of the story...

But thats the point of that manga, the protagonist denies that it's not her fault that she's not famous even though it clearly is. The author wants to imply that the protagonist is in denial about her unpopular personality.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 1:06AM

joined Nov 22, 2018

The point being that the title could well accurately describe the contents of the story without necessarily literally describing the relevant character's awareness of his role in it - at least initially.

Then the title would be in third person if thats the case, but its on first so the author's intention should be pretty obvious, he wants the reader to know that it's a manga about a person cheering on her sister fully knowing that the sister is into yuri.

Ch 3 predictions Alright, time to buy a double ended dildo for my onee chan! that should speed things up lo/

I have no idea how you ended up writing this disgusting comment about a grade schooler buying sex toys but ok.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 12:33AM

joined Nov 22, 2018

Which is entirely non-indicative of when he becomes aware of it in-universe. Or even if - titles even when framed as first-person statements of a character have no inherent obligation to literally reflect the narrative as opposed to being more thematically and/or symbolically descriptive.

So
Author: lets name the manga "I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan" for some reason.
Also author: lets contradict the title by implying that the brother doesnt know her sister is into yuri to confuse the readers.

Nah, i dont think thats the author's aim but maybe thats just me.

joined Nov 22, 2018

you can go and try to find clues where the brother specifically says "I want to support their love" or something...

Its literally the title lmao. The author tries so hard to imply that the brother knows whats up by even going so far as to name the manga "I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan" but you all just gonna ignore it huh. And yes, most grade schoolers definitely knows about gays, some even uses it as an insult even though they should not. They are not that ignorant about those topics, ask some teachers and you will know.

joined Nov 22, 2018

Because he is a kid and doesn't know that they could like each other beyond friendship

Do people seriously thinks grade schoolers are that ignorant when it comes to romance?

joined Nov 22, 2018

Expert wingman lil bro getting them together without even realizing that they're gay

He literally calls her sister "yuri onee-chan" in the title though.

joined Nov 22, 2018

Aoi Ichigo never fails to deliver, literally all oneshots that they translated and uploaded here are in my favorite list. This one is no exception.

joined Nov 22, 2018

I dont see this ending well at all, also please update the tags.

DeltaCZ
Yuri Moyou discussion 03 Jun 05:58
joined Nov 22, 2018

Is that a development im seeing?

joined Nov 22, 2018

This is really nice, i love how they resolve drama quickly by just talking properly, that is really needed since the kouhai always assumes the worst.

DeltaCZ
Rainbow discussion 31 May 07:19
joined Nov 22, 2018

I think they are lesbians, not sure though so dont quote me on this.

joined Nov 22, 2018

This is a god tier doujin, one of the cutest ive every read.

joined Nov 22, 2018

reversal is definitely one of the best tag.

DeltaCZ
joined Nov 22, 2018

Well, if theyre just holding hands normally then no one would definitely bat an eye but if theyre holding hands then getting obviously bashful because of it then people will be suspicious.

DeltaCZ
Yuri Moyou discussion 13 May 04:38
joined Nov 22, 2018

That was extremely cute

DeltaCZ
joined Nov 22, 2018

Lmao that last page, wtf. Wheres the BDSM tag?

joined Nov 22, 2018

Yup, this manga deserves a really fancy "What the fuck". Wtf

DeltaCZ
joined Nov 22, 2018

Hino in 5. Form attending to class to fondling boobs for 3 mins, this could be the greatest comeback in the history.

DeltaCZ
joined Nov 22, 2018

omg I was worried we were going to be strung along for forty chapters with the main characters realizing...

I think we will.

we sure did, nice prediction.

joined Nov 22, 2018

Omg this is from the same author who made Ashita kimi ni aetara. This will be good

That isn't exactly a good thing, considering how it ended. I thought all the comments here would be about that, but no, it's just dumb discussion about subtext and talk about the brother.

Can someone please spoil me, how did that manga ended?

DeltaCZ
joined Nov 22, 2018

We have depressing af tag but no wholesome af tag? I think its about time that we get that tag cuz this chapter sure needs one.