Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Another supernatural element?

Ember%20deal%20with%20it
joined Jan 30, 2013

Another supernatural element?

Or maybe she has PTSD of rain hitting her? Think it would have come up by now... I think we're just pulling at strings now... or the creator is.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Damn, I can't believe Hino just died and the series is over. Crazy.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Took Koguma a moment to realize how them cooking together looked. ^_^

Hino's reaction to the rain looks like there may be more to it...

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

So... Sudden drama incoming.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Damn, I can't believe Hino just died and the series is over. Crazy.

...For the second time!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Oh, are we doing a vampire Hino plot now? Or poorly-waterproofed gynoid? Cute chapter otherwise, though!

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I can't wait till the Dynasty side of this catches up cause AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I can't wait till the Dynasty side of this catches up cause AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quite so. All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.--Julian of Norwich

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Quite so. All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.--Julian of Norwich

Also agreed. She was always just a young girl with an unrequited crush meant to push the characters to actually think about their places. Never treated like a serious actor in the story (besides eventually Omichi, I guess). The drama around her inclusion was always predictable but mostly exaggerated. Still, it moved faster than even I expected, so cool.

last edited at Apr 19, 2023 9:52AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yeah. I mean, like... I did not see that coming. Looks like Kinniku Tarou pulled a fast one on me by not pulling a fast one on me.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Yeah. I mean, like... I did not see that coming. Looks like Kinniku Tarou pulled a fast one on me by not pulling a fast one on me.

It's a brilliant setup really. This manga is all about setting expectations and then going "LOLNOPE HERE'S THE PUNCHLINE" so the one time it sets up certain expectations and then actually goes through with it is genuinely a surprise.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Yeah, the latest chapter is just AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHITSHAPPENNIIIING

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I haven't read ahead, so I'm not looking at spoilers, but I mean we did see her in the rain at least once

joined Aug 29, 2019

I haven't read ahead, so I'm not looking at spoilers, but I mean we did see her in the rain at least once

This series will warrant a(nother) re-read pretty soon. (very mild general spoilers ahead) Current and coming chapters cast a slightly different light on some interactions.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There have been other benign rainy occasions as well. On the other hand, we have seen rain associated with Hino and trauma before, and that will be made more explicit.

I think the simple explanation is that potential triggers don't necessarily cause an extreme PTSD response every time, and it can be pretty unpredictable what will do it. Sometimes graphic depictions of their kind of trauma won't affect a person at all, and at other times a random image or sound will cause a full-blown reaction.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Damn, can't wait for the next chapter frfr

joined Aug 29, 2019

Damn, can't wait for the next chapter frfr

I am 16 chapters ahead, but still in the same boat.

[major spoilers for Ch. 130]
Like, seriously, where do we go from here? Do we just end it with a short wrap up and maybe a time skip? Seems a weird choice, just after setting up a side-ship with Omichii and Rin and only relatively shortly after going weekly. Are they in a hurry to free up the release slot? Do we explore all the new and fun ways in which Hino can now tease Koguma for another 70 chapters? (Yes, please!)

last edited at Apr 19, 2023 1:50PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

This chapter made me wonder about Hino's parents again.

joined May 29, 2021

To those that haven't, you might seriously consider getting caught up on Mangadex 'cause...yeah.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

To those that haven't, you might seriously consider getting caught up on Mangadex 'cause...yeah.

Agree wholeheartedly, although I personally am not going to do any specific discussion of MD-only chapters (sorry, Zormau-san) before they appear here.

But dang these two are sweet and cute.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Agree wholeheartedly, although I personally am not going to do any specific discussion of MD-only chapters (sorry, Zormau-san) before they appear here.

Well at the current rate Dynasty should be caught up soon enough, it's not like we're gonna have to wait ages until then. And we get to read another great translation as it releases.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Wait... was the author preparing us about the future with that previous fake out!?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Wait... was the author preparing us about the future with that previous fake out!?

Isn't the manga like, 90% fake-out?

TheEternalShade
20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

In 125, how would you handle 姫始め? (Google translates it literally as ‘Princess beginning’, which hardly needs to be spoilered at all.)

Tough one. I can't think of a good way to retain the ambiguity, but I'm not a native speaker. Maybe something like "Let's go have the new year's first time at my place.", but I'd hardly call that an improvement.

I'm only a student of the language, and rusty at that, so I may be mistaken; but if I recall correctly, I think it's the first sexual encounter of the year, though it can also (again, if memory serves) be used to describe any first of the year.

last edited at Apr 19, 2023 8:09PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.