Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Scarlet%20felini
joined Mar 28, 2012

To be fair...

s-CRY-ed is a god-tier anime.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is this gonna turn out to be a dream? It hardly fits with the manga otherwise.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I feel the same, hope it's just a dream.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Is this gonna turn out to be a dream? It hardly fits with the manga otherwise.

We're still talking about Kinniku Tarou, so whatever it turns out to be certainly won't be what especially Koguma's thinking (and what it superficially seems to be).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

An interesting conundrum here:

First, the obvious starting premise is that Hino and Koguma each have a very different image of themselves than the other one does: Koguma thinks of herself as childish-looking while Hino sees her as unbearably cute; Hino sees herself as plain and uninteresting-looking, while Koguma sees her as a cool, mature beauty. Changing those assumptions and perceiving themselves as "worthy" of the other one would be an important step towards an ultimate romantic relationship.

But if this is in fact some version of a dream or hallucination, the effects (seeing oneself as the other one sees her) will be perceived only by the "dreamer" (presumably Koguma after she hit her head).

So this event can only signal mutual "progress" if it "really" happens so that both come to understand how the other person sees them, and thus, as people have been saying, introducing an entirely new fantasy element to the series.

(That is, unless there's a way to explain away the apparent body switch and still have both of them feel the effects that I'm not thinking of here.)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

But if this is in fact some version of a dream or hallucination, the effects (seeing oneself as the other one sees her) will be perceived only by the "dreamer" (presumably Koguma after she hit her head).

I mean, we've seen reactions from both perspectives, so at the very least it should be a shared dream.

joined Jun 12, 2015

What the... So random.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

This author really has captured the essence of one of the most influential magicians of the 20th century: Lucille van Pelt.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Huehuehue what do we have here~

joined Oct 2, 2021

Bodyswappin bitches find the Yuri, more to come on the news at 9.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Weird. I figured the chapter would end with it being a dream.

I'm not really a fan of bodyswapping storylines, with one notable exception, so I can't say I really liked this chapter, but I do hope the realizations they've had about each other's perspective will result in some progress.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Reading other replies, I appreciate that I'm not the only one to say s-CRY-ed is the least likely part of it. ♪⁠~⁠(⁠´⁠ε⁠`⁠ ⁠)

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Author-san ... ran out of ideas? That's what this chapter feels like in the grand scheme of things.

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

Yay, new chapter! Whose dream is it going to end up being if it is one? I think it's more likely to just be a temporary effect that isn't going to be explored too much. Either way, cute.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Y'know, of all the uses of the bodyswap trope I've seen, I don't think I've ever seen this approach of using it as a way to show both characters how the other one sees them. Feels kinda fresh

joined Dec 28, 2016

So is translator going to be able to catch back up or will life events cause them to get further and further behind? We're now 10 chapters behind what's been published.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

So is translator going to be able to catch back up or will life events cause them to get further and further behind? We're now 10 chapters behind what's been published.

With how quickly they've been known to pump out chapters in the past when catching up, they'll be able to catch up just fine. The more important thing is that they take care of their life. At the end of the day, a manga on the internet means nothing compared to personal well being.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

ergzay posted:

Please refrain from seeking status updates in this manner. The team will get to it when they are able to, and that's that. As rule 4 states:

Do not ask, plead, or beg for more or quicker releases. It may be acceptable to seek an update on a series that appears to be sitting dormant, but always do so respectfully.

Thanks.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

To be fair...

s-CRY-ed is a god-tier anime.

Truth. Also is this Canon? Is it April fool's in Japan?

Also oh no I hope Stan is ok. He's so cool... Now I'm a bit worried, but he's also an adult so.

last edited at Oct 28, 2022 1:09AM

Fb_img_1506323085663
joined Apr 2, 2017

Ok, I came here to say: That's an incredible unique use of the Bodyswap situation. They exchanged bodies, but they get to see how the other sees them. Pretty good

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Any updates on how this is going?

last edited at Dec 29, 2022 4:42PM

FluffyPuppyGirl
Tumblr_nzipxtxzln1ugye8so4_250
joined May 2, 2022

i love this series so much but no updates since october, crying rn
i hope the TL people and the author are living their best lives

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

No news of runrin, hopefully all good but i think we can consider that someone can pick it up.

your_otther_chris
Me
joined Jun 19, 2022

i love this series so much but no updates since october, crying rn
i hope the TL people and the author are living their best lives

Yeah, me too. This manga is the main reason I come to this page to read and I'm really looking forward to the next episodes. I was told they were so interesting and fluff! Hope the crew is doing fine.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Lilliwyt posted:

No news of runrin, hopefully all good but i think we can consider that someone can pick it up.

I'd be happy to either help the scan group or pick it up, but I want to make sure the scanlators opinion.
Does anyone know how I can contact Runrin?

last edited at Jan 29, 2023 3:00AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.