Forum › Yuri That Starts From Intimidation discussion

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

this thread is so sharp that i can cut myself with it.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Meh, these emotional rape discussions always remind me of 'problematic' players who dare to punch female video game characters in the face. (even if you can do the same to men) You can talk about it, but don't let it trigger you. There are so many real cases you could care more for.

We don't even know what exactly she did and she only said that she liked some resistence. Giving weak resistence (playful or not) is clichèd japanese behavior to be seen as ladylike.

Sure, she is (was?) still a jerk. But I don't think she went full rapist with her last girls. How do you survive manga though, where molestion is mostly used for comedy relief?

joined May 24, 2015

At first I thought this was cute, then I read the comments.
I mean, I still like it, and real-life rapists are horrible, and to remind everyone that this is a work of fiction and that characters shouldn't be judged as real human beings.
And that some people shouldn't take things too seriously. But of course, someone's going to take MY words too seriously, and the vicious cycle continues...
Cute manga tho

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

oof

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Wow, didn't think so many people would like this. Personally, I really wasn't into it at all. I know it's a 4-koma and all, but the relationship made no sense and moved really damn fast. The characters barely felt like characters to me, and what little I did know about them didn't endear me to them at all. Main shy girl is oblivious and innocent to the point of being roped into a relationship in literally seconds with a complete stranger, yet she claims she loves her anyways. The delinquent girl is literally a rapist who seems to have done this with other girls in the past, even developing a liking for when her targets protest against her advances. I don't care who someone is, rape and sexual assault is not okay by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm no saint so even if someone tries to swear that shit off I could never forgive them. So many people are saying it's cute, and yeah, it's a short little comic that probably isn't meant to be taken too seriously or anything, but it's all so creepy and frankly disgusting to me.

I'm not trying to shit on anyone who does like this story. If you do, that's completely fine and I respect that. But to me, this was honestly a chaotic train wreck. Maybe I am taking this a bit too seriously, but that's just how I felt.

Jesus, thank you. I thought I was taking crazy pills or something. Even disregarding the rape-y stuff, this is just a jumbled mess of a story with no sense of coherency. I mean, it's fun, but in the sense that something like The Room is fun.

joined Feb 23, 2016

I loved it~

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

i want a sequel where the kohai turns out to be the top

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah this is kinda shallow and poorly paced and the whole "I like it when they struggle" thing leaves a bad taste that keeps me from enjoying it as just the sorta vapid fluff it's clearly intended to be.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

that last page was so cute awww

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

What a trip.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Really really cute ^^!

3d32a3fb-15ad-42e4-8645-0eee4bbc05b2
joined Oct 27, 2018

Up Next: Yuri that starts from witnessing a Murder

It already exists

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/shinigami_alice

joined Jan 9, 2018

Heck I want more >\<

1-1%20-%20copy
joined Feb 3, 2013

wow theres a proposal already

D.va_avatar
joined May 3, 2017

What a nice little 4koma. It even managed to have a character arc that would've taken some other stories about 4+ chapters. Very noice. Also owo what are gonna do on the bed sempai?

last edited at Dec 23, 2018 9:35AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

What a nice little 4koma. It even managed to have a character arc that would've taken some other stories about 4+ chapters. Very noice. Also owo what are gonna do on the bed sempai?

Huhuhu, isn't it frigging obvious?
As soon as she gets Koharu into a bed with her, Minagi won't be able to restrain herself anymore! Her savage ANIMAL URGES will take control! She's gonna make Koharu face her. She's gonna look deep into Koharu's eyes. And then...

She's gonna hold her hand.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I mean, I still like it, and real-life rapists are horrible, and to remind everyone that this is a work of fiction and that characters shouldn't be judged as real human beings.

Ignoring the context of this particular story, doesn't that basically mean a complete failure on the part of the author? I dunno about other writers, but I want my characters to represent actual human beings and be relatable to actual human beings. If their actions can't be judged by human standards (assuming I'm not writing a literal monster or dragon or something) then what's the point?

I hear this sentiment repeated a lot in these forums, but it never makes any more sense to me. Rather, it just seems like a "don't judge something I like" dodge instead.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

The rape attempt would be kind of what you'd expect from a person with that background. Another proof that people don't really like delinquents, just girls acting cuter than their appearance suggest.

Up Next: Yuri that starts from witnessing a Murder

It already exists

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/shinigami_alice

To those interest, I'd advise not to bother with the serialization, and just read the the oneshot and specials.
It really shows serialization was never in the original plans, as it reuses plot devices like crazy, and that's considering there's only 8 chapters.

last edited at Dec 23, 2018 10:23AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

She's gonna hold her hand.

D:
That monster! The middle sister truly is right to be concerned!

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

I wouldn’t mind if you intimidated and coerced me into lewd activities, Delinquent sama

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

This delinquent tag is pretty happening lately.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Ignoring the context of this particular story, doesn't that basically mean a complete failure on the part of the author? I dunno about other writers, but I want my characters to represent actual human beings and be relatable to actual human beings. If their actions can't be judged by human standards (assuming I'm not writing a literal monster or dragon or something) then what's the point?

I hear this sentiment repeated a lot in these forums, but it never makes any more sense to me. Rather, it just seems like a "don't judge something I like" dodge instead.

It requires context though. Normally, you write about what you've observed in life, but that doesn't really apply to media that is heavily escapist. You say 'ignore the context', but why? I don't have an issue providing a little suspension of disbelief if that's what's required.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I believe trying to remind people not to trivialize rape is something worth (at least) leaving a comment on.

It really it's not, just ruins the thread.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Me: Awww this is really cute. Lemme just say how cute it is in the-
sees the discussion is in its 70s, remembers the possible hint about rape
Me: Oh no. It's gonna be another one of those.

Seriously though. This was really cute. I'll hang my discourse hat today and just enjoy the Christmas miracle of having more delinquent and age gap manga.

joined Jan 11, 2014

I personally don’t think the delinquent enjoying the resistance as a sign of her being a rapist. Isn’t this just a very normalish kink, like how a lot of people enjoy being dominated? We even see delinquent girl stop despite getting the resistance reaction she liked. Liking to dominate doesn’t mean she’s going to do it. Morals still rein a person in despite what their kinks are.

I understand that it’s pretty clear she’s been in relationships with other girls before, but I don’t think it there was solid indication that she raped every one of them. Not that there was any solid proof that she didn’t. It seems to me the other girls delinquent dated would have been older and more mature than the middle schooler girl, because delinquent was surprised when middle schooler girl didn’t know what sex was.

In the end it’s a 4-koma comic that doesn’t even make sense and their relationship is wack. orz

To reply you must either login or sign up.