Forum › Citrus + discussion

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Citrus: “It was the ultimate nightmare for a girl who can only do hate-sex—falling in love!”

This is surprisingly insightful — these two worked much better when they disliked each other, that’s for sure.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

So what if the school let the students having a bit of liberty ?

And what do you want to do anyway? Mei basically owns the fucking place so it is not like Sayaka can do anything against it.

That's mostly because it's useless drama. So what if the school let the students having a bit of liberty ? In what kind of era did you live in ? Bonus point with the fact that even her friend found she is too blockhead and doesn't care.

Because there's always someone that don't like change.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So what if the school let the students having a bit of liberty ? In what kind of era did you live in ? Bonus point with the fact that even her friend found she is too blockhead and doesn't care.

That's precisely the point. Aihara Academy is supposed to be a school for rich, sheltered girls that know no better than just do what they're told.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I think it would be funny if the manga just started focusing on this new couple and left yuzu and mei in the dust

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So what if the school let the students having a bit of liberty ? In what kind of era did you live in ? Bonus point with the fact that even her friend found she is too blockhead and doesn't care.

That's precisely the point. Aihara Academy is supposed to be a school for rich, sheltered girls that know no better than just do what they're told.

And so far it doesn't seem to have change that much,expect for Matsuri being here.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Next chapter prediction: https://dynasty-scans.com/images/1717

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

It’s nice to see Mei feel conflicted, but in a good way. She wants to do stuff with Yuzu but knows that there are times when she has to maintain somewhat of a stern upstanding as basically the owner of the school.

I wasn't too keen on new characters being introduced, but I like how they're being handled. Maybe she could try to out them but everyone ends up being supportive? That'd be awesome!

Also revealed Mei promised to say “I love you” daily, and showed emotional conflict. And hardcore blushing Mei gives me so much life! I adore how she's gone from a massive prick to a precious bean. All that with Himeko, Nene, Matsuri and Harumin, In my opinion, I’d say it was worth the wait. Hopefully Saburouta acknowledging her own... ahem, shortcomings will result in further developments in the future.

I love this manga so much, despite its flaws. ^_^ <3

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

And when are they gonna make out? I just want some proof that there is more going on here than blushing xD it’s too lame I can’t

joined Jul 26, 2019

How long is it that their love relationship has almost become a friendly relationship... the author should still show more scenes or at home, they do something other than politeness...
It's nice but good exaggerated in the extreme on evolution, they sleep together, embarrass themselves, take their baths together but it seems that the author wants to hide all these facets from us.
Which gives the impression of a repressed fake couple... it's been months and months that they know each other and it seems like we're back almost at the starting point...
The new duo feels the spin off for the future...

joined Feb 23, 2016

Bruh why

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh god no

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ “Repressed fake couple” is right.

Mei at this point is just a dumpster fire of characterization. I’ve known at least two people (one male, one female) who started out as aggressive, overly-rigid-thinking assholes (like the early Mei) and who over time mellowed into very nice people—what they didn’t do was go from being forceful to being shrinking, blushing violets who couldn’t bring themselves to say what they were thinking.

(At first I wrote, “couldn’t bear to say what they were thinking,” then realized how wrong that was in this case—Mei can’t spit it out without using the widdle bearsie-wearsie.)

joined May 7, 2017

I've dropped this s*** because I couldn't stand its lazy writing and poor development, and all I ever do is reading some comments here and there, and it's a no-brainer 100% of the fans wants Matsuri vs Harumin to be real, why wouldn't you listen to your fanbase and give them what they want? But hey, how about this new couple? Looks cool right? Nevermind Matsuri and Harumim, they're old and overused ...

Jeez, the more comments I read the happier I am I've ditched this dumpster ...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

And once again some stupid drama mixed in with some funny scenes and something touching... Topped off, as usual, by Chaosteam's signature move: hilarious credit page.
All in all, Citrus is still middling.

Mind%20as%20judgement%20jpg
joined Nov 20, 2018

it's been months and months that they know each other and it seems like we're back almost at the starting point...

even worse than that,the first chapter of Citrus had a kiss and the 9 chapters after that were a rollercoaster. we're far behind the starting point

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

LMFAO!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah sure HaruMastu, with how YuzuMei is handle you really want to Sabu to destroy HaruMastu ? You really don't like your pairing that much to want Sabu destroy it ? Do yourself a favor and don't ask for HaruMatsu if you don't want to be dissapointed.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

It's like Mei has regressed into a almost childlike state

So this is what happens when you teach a robot to love.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's like Mei has regressed into a almost childlike state

So this is what happens when you teach a robot to love.

Beats going Skynet I s'pose.

On another note this page is hilarious and may be a subtle admission to the incongruities on part of the author, for what that now is worth.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hello evangelion reference

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

So to quote something from himym, one of the characters say that when you date your ex, your relationship doesn't start over; it continues from where you left off. Yuzu and Mei pretty much threw out everything that had progressed in the old series. I UNDERSTAND MEI WANTS TO TAKE IT SLOW BUT THE PREVIOUS PROGRESS SHOULD BE MAKING THIS FASTER. Why are they still blushing with EVERY interaction? THEY LIVE TOGETHER AND SLEEP IN THE SAME DAMN BED. I feel like wall paint drys faster then these two's progress.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

This forum could honestly work as a “We Hate Citrus” subreddit.

I’m not here to change anyone’s opinion, as many of the points made here are valid. However, I feel like I have to bring his to the table:

If you all genuinely hate this manga so much, why are you still reading it? Wouldn’t it be easier to drop it if you feel it’s such a waste of time?

I’m not attacking anyone, but as someone who genuinely enjoys this manga (and thinks it greatly makes up for the rushed ending of Volume 10), I’d really like you all to enlighten me on this.

And don’t dance around the subject either. If you honestly just read this manga because you enjoy hating it, tearing it apart and berating Saburouta, just say so upfront.

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

everybody so done with yuzu and mei bullshit
lol

Useless lesbians

Haru Yuzu plz

To reply you must either login or sign up.