Forum › Posts by matsuri_wins

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Yeah this is it, I'm hooked. Bring on the awkward drama, woohoo

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Started reading this now, since all my fav series are either over, devolved into Citrus-esque nonsense or cancelled xD

Right off the bat sex and cheating on ch 1. Kodama would be proud...but unsure what to expect other than suffering :-S

last edited at Nov 10, 2019 12:48PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Goddamnit it, I read both this one and Prism on the same night without knowing they got canceled. Life is hard man.

last edited at Nov 10, 2019 1:36AM

matsuri_wins
Prism discussion 09 Nov 14:32
joined Feb 18, 2018

Wow, this was a beautiful story. Although it got canceled, it feels finished. Thanks to the author!

joined Feb 18, 2018

Damn, this was too short. Kodama’s short stories always leave me hanging, wanting more.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Oh gosh, the mega toxic character we knew was coming has indeed arrived: looks like the new girl is just an awful human being, no saving grace.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I would have been fine with the switch of focus to Seju in the second half of the main story from chapter 50 on. But only if it had been justified, if the plot twist had been that the story was about reconciliation etc. But since it was an author glitch, you are right. The story did go downhill right about chapter 50.

last edited at Nov 5, 2019 9:20AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Seju and Sumin are the only ones with chemistry though, since the other characters are poorly developed.

I am not saying Seju and Sumin ending up together NOW would make sense, I am saying if way back in the main story the author had written certain key parts of the story differently (mostly Sumin’s reactions to Seju wanting to get back with her) then the story would actually have made more sense and ended at that moment in a satisfying manner. Rather than dragging on for bazillions of side story chapters without clear direction. But I guess she wanted to make money, so fair enough.

Since then all I have seen is weird chemistry due to poor development. Sumin is NOT a “bad person”, she is just a badly developed character because the storywriting has gone downhill.

last edited at Nov 5, 2019 5:27AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Rejoice! I told y'all that the only correct ending for this story would have been for Seju and Sumin, the a-holes, to be together at the end of the main story, since they were literally the only 2 characters with any chemistry going on. Possibly seconded by -- horror of horrors -- Seju and Sungji.

Sumin and Sungji are the most uninteresting pair I've ever seen. And since now Seju has been sanitized and "healed" by the forces that be and is no longer around to spice things up, this side story is a drag to read. I can smell the lesbian bed death all the way from across the continent.

Would be much happier if all the panels were replaced by shots of Seju's tits. Sorry, not sorry lol

last edited at Nov 4, 2019 9:01PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I thought Sunhwa had passed away before Sumin's parents had the accident, and that was the answer to why she couldn't be there for Sumin during her depressed time. But it's not. Now, it seems like the events in the story are not well connected. I do not really get what the story is telling.

The story is saying Sumin just ditched Sunhwa because she was dating Seju, and never heard of her again until after the parents died and she was already in her supposed spiral of self-destruction, so by then she couldn’t do anything either. Because you see, in this story there is always an excuse for Sumin. I won’t be surprised if Sumin’s conclusion is that Sunhwa died because of Seju too!

last edited at Oct 23, 2019 7:21AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I am surprisingly glad to imagine Seju is just happy with Do Won while Sumin continues to swim in her own cesspool of drama. Goes to show who is the origin of her problems...herself >.>

last edited at Oct 22, 2019 11:38PM

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 21 Oct 10:39
joined Feb 18, 2018

There was a point in the series where I even thought Mei was a bit of a sociopath too, since she emphasized how similar Matsuri and her are.

But...nope. We wish, at least it would keep stuff interesting. Early on I genuinely felt the point of the series was to show this sexy clash of Yuzu and Harumin being these normal, sweet people, and having to deal with crazy girls like Mei and Matsuri xD

last edited at Oct 21, 2019 10:40AM

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 21 Oct 08:11
joined Feb 18, 2018

I believe, although with no evidence, that Matsuri is still pretty high in sociopathy but circumstances lead to her good behaviour. Like the fact that she genuinely cares for Yuzu and has probably been trying to catch Harumin’s attention. If she continued to misbehave Harumin would not let her become closer.

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 20 Oct 20:40
joined Feb 18, 2018

I actually think Citrus has a very good cast of side characters that for the most part feel pretty 3D, and I agree also that they are better characterized than all side characters of YagaKimi with the exception of Sayaka. Even the twins are pretty ok: although they were used as plot devices, I didn’t feel they were less well developed because of that. So I would say the only poorly developed character is Shirapon, who seems to have a kickass backstory what with her yakuza family, but there has been no time to show more about it yet.

I also agree with the stuff people said above about Mei having to get used to being in a relationship with Yuzu again, etc. Well it’s been only a month since she has returned home. My problem is not so much with the fact that she hasn’t made out with Yuzu yet, but rather her overall behaviour which is very unlike how she used to behave during the course of the story. Besides that, the MAIN thing that bothers me is the way Sabu is handling Mei and Yuzu’s process of being in a relationship again. As Blastaar said, these are 2 people who live together and in fact sleep on the same bed. It seems a no-brainer to me that the first thing to show in Citrus+ once Mei came back was how they behaved when sleeping side by side again, how the initial conversation was etc. Did they touch at all, were there apologies? Heck even if they were silent, those are the moments to show. Instead, she is showing us a version of the story centred around the school as though we are “complete outsiders” to their relationship if that makes sense...

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 20 Oct 14:09
joined Feb 18, 2018

I feel like the people saying that Mei has regressed have, at the very least, misunderstood her character. She was never a "sexual predator", she was simply mimicking what she had seen (and done to her), "monkey see, monkey do" if you will. From the start, it was stated that she never enacted on her desires, always only focusing on being the obedient girl she assumed it was what it was expected from her.

Now thanks to Yuzu and everything they went through, she's finally enacting those desires, but she has absolutely zero ideas of what she's supposed to do, so her idea of taking things one step at the time is because she's learning on the fly alongside Yuzu. If anything, both of them are showing a maturity they lacked in Citrus, with Yuzu learning to be less impulsive and reigning in her overwhelming love for Mei, while Mei is slowly embracing and growing comfortable with showing her affection, while juggling her responsibilities as future chairwoman of Aihara Academy.

Yes, Sabu could have them making out and fucking like rabbits but that would be completely out of character.

Readers would be hella happy tho. Isn’t that what matters?

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 20 Oct 14:08
joined Feb 18, 2018

Haha man Blastaar destroying Citrus on this thread with the Power of Logic. Love it, I wish Sabu would read this

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Risako stole Reiichi because she wanted Kaoru to divorce, so she can have her.

Where did I read something like that? Oh right, in some Kodama Naoko.

if only

I'd take that over het drama any time.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_vol_3_extra_3#4

Hot damn, Risako is hot af

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 20 Oct 10:27
joined Feb 18, 2018

My only question is this... when are they gonna make out?

Possibly never. If the series continues at this pace I bet it’s gonna get cancelled before they makeout again.

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 19 Oct 23:00
joined Feb 18, 2018

Welp, what can I say :-(

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 19 Oct 21:12
joined Feb 18, 2018

This series has always been rather bizarre in its main premise and very, very uneven in the execution of its storytelling, but the one thing it definitely had going for it was the crazy sexual chemistry between the leads. It’s almost as if Sabu is trolling the audience by reverting the characters to a very chaste pre-teen level of romantic interaction, and inserting commentary by the other characters to demonstrate that’s exactly what she’s doing.

And what would your guess be as to the reason Sabu is doing this? I mean, surely it must be affecting the series popularity?

My only guess is that maybe they are trying to make them hold back for as many chapters as possible before going into a makeout frenzy for effect? That would be stupid but forgivable, yet I don't have hopes...

last edited at Oct 19, 2019 9:15PM

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 19 Oct 19:18
joined Feb 18, 2018

Like, they're going to get married but Mei finds it hard to say I love you and they both get so flustered as if they just had sex inside the elevator..!! ffs.

Yeah, this is too unrealistic. Also the chances that 2 people who are this much into each other, sleeping on the same bed every night and never having sex is like less than 0. And they are teens no less.

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 19 Oct 14:29
joined Feb 18, 2018

Just read the translation. I really cannot understand how editors allow Sabu to take the story in this strange, amorphous direction. Citrus has so much potential, goddamnit!!!

She has not only 2, but 4 characters fans love that she could make super cool stories about, even if it was just cheap drama like romantic triangles, quadrangles...or take the more normal route of showing their friendships, as 2 separate couples. A story of how Matsuri and Harumin get together could literally be a whole series in itself.

Anyway, no point wishing for what will never be x_X

last edited at Oct 19, 2019 2:29PM

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 19 Oct 14:11
joined Feb 18, 2018

just admit it ure all here hoping for sexy time with the art style

That much is obvious.

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 19 Oct 09:46
joined Feb 18, 2018

And when are they gonna make out? I just want some proof that there is more going on here than blushing xD it’s too lame I can’t

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I am not surprised about her development, because I don’t think this was development, it is simply picking up where it left us off about Sumin.

The writing has been on the wall about Sumin’s personality since around chapter 50 or so when she went from being shown by the story as victim of bad circumstances who then closed off her own heart in defense, to someone who purposefully strings alone Seju who legitimately loves her (and probably the person who has or ever will love her the most, period) for a decade, cheats on Sungji who she supposedly now loves and treats even Nammi and her own subordinates at the company not that great tbh lol

I mean, who would think all this is just because of some trauma or whatever? Everyone has trauma, it’s commonplace, shit happens. Seju was even more traumatized, she never even had people care for her, and she didn’t go around treating people badly.

The author then solidified the idea that Sumin’s circumstances only amplified her bad personality traits in Paradise. The way she treated Sunhwa then was callous, even if it could be justified for a teenager. Even her explanation to Nammi for why she felt bad about Sunhwa dying was all about saving face. She is extremely self-centered.