Forum › Citrus + discussion

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

This is interesting. Allegedly, a fan that was at (I'm guessing) the Citrus Thailand event uploaded this pic when asked about how does Saburota look. For clarification, that is just the closest image the fan found for Sabu's appearance.

She looks awesome then.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Waiting for updates is fucking killing me

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

HaruMatsu when?

joined Feb 18, 2018

So........seriously, what happened to Citrus? Is the series coming out this month? I feel it's gonna get canceled...

So........seriously, what happened to Citrus? Is the series coming out this month? I feel it's gonna get canceled...

Chaosteam announced that there is going to be a chapter this month, so no worries.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Seems like there will finally be a new Citrus+ chapter this month

https://twitter.com/_saburouta/status/1184305901508775936

And seemingly, a new gay girl is being added to the cast

She's one of the newest student council members and has been in the background of some chapters

https://twitter.com/_SoNaN9/status/1184350372304809984

joined Feb 18, 2018

Sabu hasn’t delivered for the girls she DOES have in the cast, and now she wants to add yet another one?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Lol not surprised. Of course, adding new characters is the only way for Saburuta to make the story longer.
Well, it would be more understandable if there wasn't anything else to do with the current characters.
Wonder if that long break was because she didn't know what to write, so she ended up adding new characters.

joined Feb 18, 2018

But there are so many things she can write about. HaruMatsu for starters, or you know, finally giving us a makeout scene between Yuzu and Mei. Heck she can even just straight out copy from YagaKimi and show us some romantic non-awkward-as-hell interactions between Yuzu and Mei and fans would probably be more than happy.

What gives?

last edited at Oct 16, 2019 12:58PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

The strangest part of this entire thing in my opinion is that it’s not like Sabu has never written a steamy story, and in fact, the story used to be like that. Has she been replaced by an automaton? Lol because everything about Citrus has become so awkward, like it’s not even the same author anymore.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Citrus was good in the first ten or so chapters. It had an interesting premise like living with that hot bitch you just had a fight with at school, and on top of that her being your step sister.
This start and the nice art grabbed people's attention. And when something grabs your attention, even if it gets bad quick, you're still invested to begin with. So you will still check it.

But she was never good at developing stories. She just has good ideas that can only last so long. Also her side characters are pretty nice tbh. I found them all likable and interesting except the twins. So again, good ideas but doesn't know what to do with them and it shows shortly after. We could see that in the early beginning of Citrus anyway.

last edited at Oct 16, 2019 1:38PM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Those additional gay girls, I forgot from which chapter they first appeared.
Regardless of how I feel towards the overall story-writing, I miss the whole Citrus crew and can't wait to read the latest chapter.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

They appear in two pages in the 1st chapter, they're the other members of the student council.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

They appear in two pages in the 1st chapter, they're the other members of the student council.

Oh right. :)
I checked it out again. They cute.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

What gives?

I mean, at this point such questions are up there with the big questions in life in terms of difficulty (and pointlessness). Like "Does god exist" and "what is the meaning of life".

Just did some browsing of Citrus fanart and was a bit sad that the series has become what it has :'(

If anyone want's to see the raw's go here enjoy or not don't really care, either way you're welcome.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

^
Thanks. As always, HARUMATSU WHEN!?
This chapter wasn't bad but drama over drama...

Saburouta is not very good with story, read her old shoujo, it's bad, only her art is good

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

More drama is just what we needed. What happen with the less drama sequel we were suposs to have iirc ?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I mean, people were complaining about the conflicts in Citrus being resolved too fast and without consequence, so I for one, I'm interested to see an actual fall out to them.

joined Feb 18, 2018

So..........why are they blushing like crazy, did Yuzu finally shout from the top of her lungs "LET'S SMASH RIGHT NOW IN THIS ELEVATOR" or...?

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

If anyone want's to see the raw's go here enjoy or not don't really care, either way you're welcome.

Ohhh...
Thanks.

Extra spicy, I say.

Now me needs some milk...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Citrus: “It was the ultimate nightmare for a girl who can only do hate-sex—falling in love!”

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Another signing event with Sabu, this time to commemorate Citrus+ first volume's release
https://twitter.com/animateshinjuku/status/1185029039309737984

I'm not too worried about the little drama right now cause they already get married at the end, this is just taking place before that happens.
They need to adapt to their new life of being officially lovers but also living together as a couple.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's mostly because it's useless drama. So what if the school let the students having a bit of liberty ? In what kind of era did you live in ? Bonus point with the fact that even her friend found she is too blockhead and doesn't care.

To reply you must either login or sign up.