Forum › Giniro no Genders discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

...You know that dancer guy is leaning up against the T in the giant LGBT on the back cover. So i'm guessing either trans man or trans woman. i'm leaning on trans man if it the lgbt means anything because then it would be boys on the right (Gay and Trans) and girls on the left (Lesbian and Bi). i could totally be wrong though.

Interesting. I have to admit I hadn't realized about this till you mentioned it.

So each character would be identified with the letter next to them? That makes Asa a "L" -- lesbian. I guess it goes well with her slightly butch image and her job as a drag king.

The short-haired blond boy would be a "G" (gay) and the tiny brunette with a pageboy haircut would be a "B" (bisexual). And that makes Akira, who has the "T" behind him, a trans. But I really wonder what they do mean by that. 'Trans' can mean so many different things these days. Transgender? Transsexual? Transvestite? Or perhaps genderqueer, genderfluid, non-binary... ℃(⊙_☉)

Funny thing, our MC doesn't appear next to the giant LGBT. I wonder why. Perhaps Gin's sexuality is a mystery so far?

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

eh... I wanted to read more of this and really give it a chance but I just can't find the enjoyment.

The whole blackmailing thing feels forced to move the plot forward. personally it would have been more interesting if the two were friends.

Already some sort of nonsense love triangle with one angry girl who's jealous, dance class crap that doesn't even feel important. it just feels all over the place and the main character isn't even really likable. He couldn't even speak up when the chick blackmailing him was telling him to buy all this expensive stuff? Sorry but like your livelihood should come first, makeup isn't worth not being able to live.

there's just too much there that feels completely disconnected and pointless especially when every character so far feels worse than the last. I was really hoping it'd be an interesting take on someone who wanted to express themselves and be comfortable with their ideal self but instead it's just constant drama already.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

If I just skip all the pages with the terrible blackmailer, then I can kind of enjoy this. Forcing the MC to buy branded make up they can't afford and then being like oh well get a job, isn't good enough. But yet I guess it's fine because she did treat them to pancakes lol

this is some toxic shit

def trap fantasy manga

last edited at Dec 9, 2018 4:44AM by

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ya, that blackmail backdrop to everything that's happening now ... you can't just unread that sort of thing and pretend it's just a lighthearted romantic slice-of-life now that we are apparently basically done with that ^^;

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

This started out interesting but keeps getting dumber and dumber now... Just how much is the MC willing to do for some simple make-up lessons?

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

...You know that dancer guy is leaning up against the T in the giant LGBT on the back cover. So i'm guessing either trans man or trans woman. i'm leaning on trans man if it the lgbt means anything because then it would be boys on the right (Gay and Trans) and girls on the left (Lesbian and Bi). i could totally be wrong though.

Interesting. I have to admit I hadn't realized about this till you mentioned it.

So each character would be identified with the letter next to them? That makes Asa a "L" -- lesbian. I guess it goes well with her slightly butch image and her job as a drag king.

The short-haired blond boy would be a "G" (gay) and the tiny brunette with a pageboy haircut would be a "B" (bisexual). And that makes Akira, who has the "T" behind him, a trans. But I really wonder what they do mean by that. 'Trans' can mean so many different things these days. Transgender? Transsexual? Transvestite? Or perhaps genderqueer, genderfluid, non-binary... ℃(⊙_☉)

Funny thing, our MC doesn't appear next to the giant LGBT. I wonder why. Perhaps Gin's sexuality is a mystery so far?

Transvestite is an old word for a cross-dresser. It might even be taken as an insult these days, so better not even use that word at all.

Trans normally refers to transgender. Transsexual is a subset of transgender identity.

Rest of the stuff you mentioned goes into LGBT-plus territory. Trans means "opposite [side of]" or "other side of" in this context. Not unknown or uncertain.

last edited at Dec 9, 2018 3:48PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Trans means "opposite". Not unknown or uncertain.

Actually trans means over, beyond. Contra means opposite.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Uh, no.

As a prefix, it means either across, like in Transatlantic, or changed, like in Transform.

Both can apply to transgender, depending on the meaning to attach to the word.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

What a trainwreck this turned out to be. Are there any sympathetic characters in this?

last edited at Dec 9, 2018 2:56PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I think that the woman has two reasons for doing this:
1. She knows that the guy she want's him to target is also a "closet" cross dresser, and she thinks that this will make him be more open about that
2. She want's Gin to become more comfortable and confident about cross dressing in the public.

She could definitely go about it in a better way, but at least that could explain her actions.

Yeah, but its a bit like insisting a shy person you know should start kicking puppies to learn how to be more assertive. The end doesn't justify the means.

Town
joined Feb 8, 2018

...I had more thoughts about how unlikable everyone was being and then i got sidetracked with the most black people in one place that have lines out of any manga iv'e have ever read this year. Also i really hope Akira isn't a bad person because god... we need one besides Gin

I think i'm hate-reading this because i feel like its almost good. Like the art and everything and some of the basic events and elements are good but like... Everyone's an ass. Oddly not enough for me to stop reading it though.

last edited at Dec 9, 2018 7:13PM

Clipboard%20image%20(3)
joined Nov 11, 2018

does this author draw over 3d models? the art is weirding me out a bit

I'm guessing they're classically trained. It really stands out when mangaka distort their art in a way so respective of reality.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Actually trans means over, beyond. Contra means opposite.

Uh, no.

As a prefix, it means either across, like in Transatlantic, or changed, like in Transform.

Both can apply to transgender, depending on the meaning to attach to the word.

According to my latin dictionary, “trans” is a prefix occurring in loanwords from Latin and denoting any of these meanings: “across,” “beyond,” “through” or “changing thoroughly.”

So, yeah.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Akira is just a sweet transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania. ^.^

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Akira is just a sweet transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania. ^.^

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I still REALLY don't get what the endgoal is supposed to be here.

And the guy is now "suspected gay" because he didn't take advantage of a drunk "girl" in the toilet? Jeez.
Also; the yuri scene - they are together, protagonist rushes off elsewhere, then somehow runs into them again at some other place? How's that working? Did he just randomly sprint in a circle? Did they teleport? Follow him? ^^;

joined Sep 13, 2018

I don't really get folks issues. Yeah it has scummy kind of unrealistic stuff happening but that's just plots for you. I wouldn't mind a more supportive route rather than this, sure, but it's hardly unusual compared to other stuff on the site.

That said, the whole "no one is completely straight" line felt weird to me.

man this is so diff from other works

proly cuz this guy is a thot

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

As expected from the LGBT cover, Asa is the L(esbian), Seiji s the G(ay), Yuki is the B(isexual) and Sumon is the T(ransgender). The remark about the cuteness of the skirt is probably to give a hint that he's a FTM.

And I knew from the beginning that Seiji was gay for Gin. Now that he has seen him in drag, he's going to come at him.

But... what is Gin, beside a crossdresser? Het? Bi-curious?

Dramaaaa, here you come...

last edited at Dec 13, 2018 2:24PM

Town
joined Feb 8, 2018

"So i think you should live how you want without getting tied down by society." Bold words from a blackmailer who is using the threat of society's backlash to make someone do what they want.

joined Oct 27, 2018

As expected from the LGBT cover, Asa is the L(esbian), Seiji s the G(ay), Yuki is the B(isexual) and Sumon is the T(ransgender). The remark about the cuteness of the skirt is probably to give a hint that he's a FTM.

And I knew from the beginning that Seiji was gay for Gin. Now that he has seen him in drag, he's going to come at him.

But... what is Gin, beside a crossdresser? Het? Bi-curious?

Dramaaaa, here you come...

Gin is Q(uestioning)

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Pretty interesting. But with the preview I worry that the story is gonna become a real mess.

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

does this author draw over 3d models? the art is weirding me out a bit

I'm guessing they're classically trained. It really stands out when mangaka distort their art in a way so respective of reality.

Yeah, I agree with the second part. However, I still think the perspective distortion and proportions are a bit "too consistent" to be done without software aid. Not that I think doing so is wrong or anything, I just find the human inaccuracies more charming.

last edited at Dec 13, 2018 4:06PM

if i can pull off a cross dress that attracts every guy on the streets and i keep doing it after almost getting raped, am i not asking for it?

To reply you must either login or sign up.