Forum › Still Sick discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Heh, this could have been a chapter of Genshiken.
Talking about all your ex bfs? NOT IN THIS NERDVANA YOU DON'T!
Flirting in the holy zone? YOU ARE FINISHED! KILLER PUNCH!

Little by little, they keep discovering things about each other. Looks like yuri in this story will be a slow build-up. That's a-okay by me. ^.^

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

"You're a bad liar, Shimizu-san."

I don't wanna hear that from you, missy! XD

Um... what's the idea with the title? Still Sick? I don't get the reference...

Optimistically, it might be "sick" as in "lovesick". Pessimistically, the story might eventually reach a phase where the protag comes to believe that her homosexuality is "still sick" for some reason, whether or not she bounces back from it.

Still dont see the relation with sickness at least until I have read. Both of the MC seems that are ok with being fan of Yuri
therefore with their homosexuality. I feel that the actitude more than sickness or aversion, its more that her yuri fantasy cant be real, or she doesnt feel confortable with the fact that it may happen IRL, or that it will never happen to her

Actually, after this latest update, I'm willing to bet "Still sick" has something to do with Maekawa-sensei's burnout rather than anything to do with teh gay or Shimizu's feelings.

joined Apr 12, 2015

Called it. Now, I'm gonna get ready for the angst ; ;

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Um... what's the idea with the title? Still Sick? I don't get the reference...

Optimistically, it might be "sick" as in "lovesick". Pessimistically, the story might eventually reach a phase where the protag comes to believe that her homosexuality is "still sick" for some reason, whether or not she bounces back from it.

Still dont see the relation with sickness at least until I have read. Both of the MC seems that are ok with being fan of Yuri
therefore with their homosexuality. I feel that the actitude more than sickness or aversion, its more that her yuri fantasy cant be real, or she doesnt feel confortable with the fact that it may happen IRL, or that it will never happen to her

Actually, after this latest update, I'm willing to bet "Still sick" has something to do with Maekawa-sensei's burnout rather than anything to do with teh gay or Shimizu's feelings.

IMHO the author isn't very good at English (most Japanese aren't). She gave her manga what she thought was a cool English title. She didn't really understand how puzzling it sounds to us.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm intrigued.

Eriumi-ss
joined Oct 30, 2014

No wonder Maekawa could help with the messed up manuscript in prev chapter. After all, she’s an artist too.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Sudden Aaaaaaangst?

Kirigiri%20san%20582
joined Apr 27, 2014

How many chapters are out for this and are the raws accessible online somewhere?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Love reading this while I'm sick :')

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

chapter four aaaangst tag, no?

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

wow, they really took a seemingly light-hearted plot and cranked the drama up to 11 in just a chapter.

...guess I wouldn't be reading manga if that wasn't one of my guilty pleasures.

Maekawa's character feels less consistent now, tho. I mean, it was very clear she had a secret but that backstory dump was a bit too sudden, it's only chapter 4 and I feel like I have no idea what kind of person she is now.

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Aaangst? XD good drama i enjoy it

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

Talk about a major moodswing, jeez. But her struggles hit me deep, I want to hug her so bad ,_, how can you act happy after pouring out that story

Ayuyu
joined Dec 20, 2016

I think it needs aaangst tag for the whole manga though. I've read until the latest chapter (ch 9) in pixiv and it's aaangst all the way

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Damn all that angst. Just kiss, it’ll solve most of your problems

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

the aaangsty atmosphere reminds me of a Momono Moto manga

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I am enjoying this, but every time I read a manga about the struggles of being a mangaka, I feel like someone took the old advice "write what you know" too much to heart.

the aaangsty atmosphere reminds me of a Momono Moto manga

Please, this is nowhere near that level. We need a few long-term relationships destroyed by infidelity and a couple suicide threats before we approach Momono Moto.

Ayuyu
joined Dec 20, 2016

This reminds me more of Yagate Kimi ni Naru, to be honest. Or it's just me craving it too much XD

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

we've secretly replaced the original mangaka with monomo moto, let's see if anyone notices

Villian%20san%2050per
joined Sep 4, 2018

Wow the drama at chapter 4 mmm kinda unexpected but let's see where is this going up

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Please, this is nowhere near that level. We need a few long-term relationships destroyed by infidelity and a couple suicide threats before we approach Momono Moto.

Ugh, don’t forget all sorts of abuse, manipulation and long-term revenge plotting.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is a yuri version of the contrast between the protagonist of Shirobako and the burnt-out, disillusioned jerk who bedevils her.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Well they really shoved the drama in this chapter, to the point that it's even stated out loud by old mangaka, "sorry for making you feel awkward with all this sudden drama!"

I think the argument is pretty dumb, if she resented her for doing manga for fun then I would get it, I don't see how she "messed" with her though by complimenting her manga and helping out selling it. The whole exchange with her being like lol you sweet summer child just felt really odd to me

I just wanted her to be super gay for her as a hardcore Yuri fan/old mangaka, none of this sad childhood backstory angst

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is great!
You wouldn't stay up all night redrawing ruined manga pages for just messing with someone, girl.

I think the argument is pretty dumb, if she resented her for doing manga for fun then I would get it, I don't see how she "messed" with her though by complimenting her manga and helping out selling it. The whole exchange with her being like lol you sweet summer child just felt really odd to me

Well, yes it's dumb. But I don't think it's pointless. I bet she is just envious of the other OL-san. Because she has something that she has lost. And she probably tries to distance herself now again.

Thumbnail-600x-shrink
joined Apr 15, 2013

You sweet summer child is that GOT reference :) ?

To reply you must either login or sign up.