Forum › Still Sick discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Confessing your love is scary.

There's a reason why, in manga, people are always telling their friends who are in love: "Gather your courage and confess!" It's because it really takes courage.

If you're rejected it hurts, both your feelings and your pride. It's painful, and humiliating, and likely to ruin your relationship with that person (especially if you had a good friendship going on). Being together becomes rather difficult after a failed love confession: things turn awkward at best, unbearable at worst, and you may very well find after confessing that you have lost a lot of important things and not gained anything.

That's why so many manga characters don't dare to be upfront about their feelings and instead just pussyfoot around with half-assed tactics like send signals and drop hints and imply things and then wait for the reaction. If it's not a blatantly positive reaction, they can always backpedal and claim they were just kidding. This is, like, the bread-and-butter stuff of manga romcoms. But, I swear, I don't think I've ever read before a story with two adult women who both keep doing the pussyfooty thing so fecking frigging freaking much even though they are both totally into each other! GEEZ!

If next chapter someone, anyone, doesn't confess seriously, I'll... well, I don't know what I'll do, but I'm gonna be not happy, so there!

^ This was me, a little while ago.

Hot patootie, who'd have guessed it? I got my wish! (≧∇≦)v

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I feel like I'm looking at the sistine Chapel painting and staring at that gap between god and man's finger. Goodness they're right there but not really which makes sense to me given everything that has happened.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I'm soooo in love with this series. Slow-burn, but in a way that makes totally sense for these characters.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

"I may have smooched you on the lips on a whim, but I totally wouldn't date you."

Alright, sure, Maekawa. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

damn i got bamboozled i thought that was it

but at least theyre ok now thats a big ok hand

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

"Right? I can't Imagine dating me either"

Shimizu is quickly becoming my favorite yuri protag of all time

last edited at Jul 3, 2019 6:37AM

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Finally talked things out, I am happy.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I love Shimizu and I want to date her. Oh Goddess, where could I find her?

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Is it just me, or do some of the lines of dialogue in this chapter seem a bit, I dunno, "clunky"?

And did Maekawa mean to say that she can't calm down without Shimizu being around, instead of being "too calm to put anything down on paper"? Because otherwise Shimizu referring sarcastically to herself as a helpfully calming tool doesn't make sense...

Yeah, that feels like some kind of translation issue. The opposite of what is expected is being said, and not in a sensical way.

...also I'm really not sure if

"Please fuck me!"

"But you've made it clear you don't see me this way"

Makes sense or not. Yes but also not but also yes but really no?

last edited at Jul 3, 2019 8:33AM

Dq96tyidseq-min%20(6)
joined Apr 29, 2019

Is it just me, or do some of the lines of dialogue in this chapter seem a bit, I dunno, "clunky"?

Yeah, I felt that too.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

part of it is Akashi's writing style in parts (everyone talks very much like, uh.... a manga character, at times?) but yeah Shimizu's last bubble on the 'too calm' page is actually a typo and I'll see if I can push through a fix for that.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

part of it is Akashi's writing style in parts (everyone talks very much like, uh.... a manga character, at times?) but yeah Shimizu's last bubble on the 'too calm' page is actually a typo and I'll see if I can push through a fix for that.

Sorry to nitpick! I'm about 100x harder on myself so I get super annoyed when folks find typos n' such after I've touched a thing and declared it okay. lol But thank you for the clarification! :)

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"I'll deny you nothing." Powerful words.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

We went from Maekawa pretending to be overly friendly, to saying she hates Shimizu, and now to wanting to fuck Shimizu
That's an evolution alright

joined Jul 26, 2016

-- and now to wanting to fuck Shimizu

TBF she's been single for some time and is probably getting sexually frustrated and horny. :U

Though I reckon that's at least partly her (characteristically somewhat Bass Ackwards) way of telling Shimizu she's given the "gay stuff" due consideration and concluded she's actually fine with the idea, plus probably an attempt to try and give something back in the relationship (in a form she herself can intuitively recognise) - we know she hates her own predisposition for... emotional parasitism, and the value she puts on her relationship with 'Mizu.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

If anyone ever wonders what a useless lesbian is, it's these two.

Well I look at myself in the mirror everyday so I'm reminded on the reg what we are, but it's always nice to have it reinforced that misery loves company. lol

That avatar is fantastic.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

If anyone ever wonders what a useless lesbian is, it's these two.

Well I look at myself in the mirror everyday so I'm reminded on the reg what we are, but it's always nice to have it reinforced that misery loves company. lol

That avatar is fantastic.

lol. Why, thank you. It was shamelessly stolen from I recall not where. :)

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

We went from Maekawa pretending to be overly friendly, to saying she hates Shimizu, and now to wanting to fuck Shimizu

I don't think she actually wants to. She just thinks it is what Shimizu wants and doesn't care. Because she doesn't want to lose Shimizu. Which is how she apparently messed up her other relationships too. Just going along with what the partner wants without being really into it... But in this case she doesn't want to specificly lose Shimizu (maybe?) which is already something. If she doesn't want to be alone and with her confidence, she could just find someone, anyone else.
I have a feeling that Shimizu is/was/will be really good for her. She has a very laid back way of loving and figuring everything out, I'm digging it.

But yeah, I'm digging Maekawa's development too. It is just a mystery to me how Maekawa can say she has overly affectionate body language and anybody would fall for her, when she actually has only been rather cold and selfish towards Shimizu. xD

Tumblr_nq90jxwvea1updraq_og_
joined Nov 17, 2017

I think that if Maekawa was only afraid of being alone, she could have hitted on any men in the office (seems like they like her already).
But instead of doing it, she took her chance to approach Shimizu when she found out about the yuri event. It's also clear that she had some kind of interest in Shimizu since she started working there.
Not only that, but she's really mean towards Shimizu, I don't think she would do that if she was only using her for company. I believe what she feels for Shimizu is so strong that she can't put up her facade, being honest of who she really is for the first time in a long period.
She may not be in love with Shimizu yet, but she really treasures her.

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

I agree, Maekawa treasures Shimizu to the point of her relapsing to some behaviors she usually have in failed relationships. She /might/ not be gay, or at least sexually interested outside fear of loss, towards Shimizu
as of now

last edited at Jul 3, 2019 5:57PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Oh Maekawa. You lovable crazy thing.
Whoever compared her the cat was spot on.
This story is so good!

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Complicated feelings

joined Apr 23, 2019

And now, they went in bed together, each sleeping with plush toy

joined Jul 26, 2016

And now, they went in bed together, each sleeping with plush toy

Kinky but I don't judge :|

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

What's up Maekawa, feelin' a little............................JeAlOuS? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM??? HMMMMM??!
Well, she's not your type so nothing to worry about, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? :)))

Please no bully the proxy

To reply you must either login or sign up.