Forum › Still Sick discussion

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Well, now I just feel bad for Shimizu. She's kinda getting jerked around by Maekawa.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

"you're gay and scared of rejection so you throw yourself entirely into the world of fiction to explore it"
u-uh excuse me, she's talking to Shimizu, right? Not, like... me, specifically, directly? okay cool just making sure

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Hmm... so Maekawa isn't really in love with Shimizu (yet) but she's just lonely and wanted somebody, anybody, to be with her so she's trying to get into some relationship with Shimizu so that Shimizu wouldn't leave her alone? And then Shimizu notices this and convinces Maekawa that she won't leave her alone even if they're not in a relationship so Maekawa doesn't need to force herself into one?
At least that's how it seems like from Shimizu's perspective. How Maekawa actually feels we'll need to wait until her POV is shown but I'd imagine she herself is still confused about her own feelings.

yeah, that's what I got out of it too although it was confusing to decipher. I'm betting the pause right after Shimizu says "you already made it clear you don't like me" made Maekawa second guess herself before promptly going back to agreeing she doesn't see Shimizu that way.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I wouldn't have taken that confrontation as calmly as Shimizu did... I don't know what I would've done or say in her shoes to be honest... My heart is aching a bit.
But I agree with everything TriviaBingo said and what Shades said about the confusing talk!
And yes I love this series !
But please ...For the love of everything that is good in this world, do not come up with an eccentric characters that just came back from her trip overseas to resolve unfinished business... Pleaaaaseeeee or more like, don't come up with a cheap triangle risk

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 9:25PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

"Am I some kind of comfort bonsai?"

The line was funny enough, but the PLANT BIT ON HER HEAD..... LOL

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

.................................That line scared me a little with how close to home it hit.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Shimizu triggering her inner Yamada.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Shimizu triggering her inner Yamada.

It's now part of my head-canon that Shimizu is totally 100% a "Kase-san" fangirl.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

and now we wait

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

Just kiss already!

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Hmm... so Maekawa isn't really in love with Shimizu (yet) but she's just lonely and wanted somebody, anybody, to be with her so she's trying to get into some relationship with Shimizu so that Shimizu wouldn't leave her alone? And then Shimizu notices this and convinces Maekawa that she won't leave her alone even if they're not in a relationship so Maekawa doesn't need to force herself into one?
At least that's how it seems like from Shimizu's perspective. How Maekawa actually feels we'll need to wait until her POV is shown but I'd imagine she herself is still confused about her own feelings.

yeah, that's what I got out of it too although it was confusing to decipher. I'm betting the pause right after Shimizu says "made Maekawa second guess herself before promptly going back to agreeing she doesn't see Shimizu that way.

Maekawa has a bad habit of using the love of others to fill the emptiness inside of her without ever truly reciprocating that love and she is quite aware of and unhappy about that part of her personality. As a result she is purposely making herself keep her distance from Shimizu with varying degrees of success. She is like a love junky and she recognizes that Shimizu is basically a giant pile of her favorite drug and the thought of it destroying the friendship they have terrifies her.

There is quite a bit of evidence that Maekawa is both attracted to Shimizu and is even starting to really care for her which is likely why we saw her pause in a moment of conflicted reflection when Shimuzu reminded her, "you already made it clear you don't like me." I think Maekawa really does love her back but she is very aware and fearful of the possible repercussions of admitting it.

The simple fact Maekawa refuses to use Shimizu like she has others in the past is proof she really does care a great deal about her and the bond they share.

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 10:29PM

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

At this point, I think Maekawa is the confused one. She managed to squeeze the truth out of Shimizu but... The whole reason she wanted to squeeze the truth out of Shimizu lies in what sort of relationship she wants. But yeah, maybe take it slow? Don't try to substitute sex for love?

That's maybe the thing, not knowing how to love and be loved outside of just sex? And also how to get across her feelings to Shimizu. She has a problem with putting up a lot of defenses which is the root of Shimizu not being able to take her at face value. You generally don't kiss someone as a joke...

Also, on going out - aren't they already basically going out? What's the difference?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also, on going out - aren't they already basically going out? What's the difference?

TBF in this case I'd say there's a fair bit of difference in explicitly recognising it, given the sort of baggage both of them are carrying...

joined Nov 27, 2017

Acknowledging it, which is kinda an important part and the main point of contention right now.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

They managed to confuse me but story aside: I love the comments on this Manga.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

idk why, but maekawa's mad faces are so adorable

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

If anyone ever wonders what a useless lesbian is, it's these two.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

If anyone ever wonders what a useless lesbian is, it's these two.

Well I look at myself in the mirror everyday so I'm reminded on the reg what we are, but it's always nice to have it reinforced that misery loves company. lol

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

ch. 11's interaction was weird. the frankness was refreshing, but weird none the less.

At this point, I think Maekawa is the confused one. She managed to squeeze the truth out of Shimizu but... The whole reason she wanted to squeeze the truth out of Shimizu lies in what sort of relationship she wants. But yeah, maybe take it slow? Don't try to substitute sex for love?

at this point, i'd put BOTH of them in the confused category. Shimizu definitely has recognized that Maekawa is special to her. i'm not sure she's being completely honest with herself either. With Maekawa, I agree with you. I don't think she knows what she wants (in terms of relationship or how said relationship should work). maybe it's because she has no experience. maybe because she hides in her work. maybe because sh'es just thickheaded. maybe all 3.

that said, i suppose they are now at the 'we're two friend-ishly people that aren't going out, but we're really going out; and we haven't realized we're going out which means we're about to have a series of awkward misunderstandings' part of the story.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

"Don't pull me around?"

Bitch, please. I'd say don't drag things around yourselves. It started to get annoying a couple chapters ago and getting serious so many times already and getting nowhere is honestly enervating.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Best chapter yet. The story is nearing So, Do You Want to Stay In, Or territory with these attempts at grown-up sincerity.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Aaaahhhh but I want them to date

I don't like this grown up adult way theyre handling their difference in feelings, why can't you just love each other

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

There is quite a bit of evidence that Maekawa is both attracted to Shimizu and is even starting to really care for her which is likely why we saw her pause in a moment of conflicted reflection when Shimuzu reminded her, "you already made it clear you don't like me." I think Maekawa really does love her back but she is very aware and fearful of the possible repercussions of admitting it.

The simple fact Maekawa refuses to use Shimizu like she has others in the past is proof she really does care a great deal about her and the bond they share.

I'm not sure Maekawa refuses to use Shimizu exactly, since she's definitely lonely and feeling empty right now and tried real hard to get Shimizu to stay with her in this chapter, even offering herself to her to cater to her feelings.
What I think is proof is that she's consciously trying to not let her habits get in the way and ruining her relationship with Shimizu, a bond she does care for and wants to last. But yes, even if she's conscious of her habits, her efforts vary in degrees of success, because she still wants to be loved, and can't stand the loneliness.

20210421_115600
joined Aug 7, 2013

what the hell, shimizu-san is so goddamn relatable

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Not super sure about Akashi-sensei’s decision to devote an entire chapter of the story to Maekawa roasting the hell out of me, but I guess I’ll see where we go from here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.