Forum › We Can't Draw Love discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

yeaaahh!!! (≧∇≦)b let your inner yuri take over!

Goodness... why do characters always just assume things and run away? JUST ASK THEM WHAT THEY MEAN DAMMIT

if all characters did that any manga would end too soon

and then readers will complain that the story is too short ¯_(ツ)_/¯

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Goddamnit author.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Wait, so she didn't mean it until after she said it? They're both dumbfucks.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Wait, so she didn't mean it until after she said it? They're both dumbfucks.

No, I think she meant it, I think she said it on impulse and realized the gravity of it after saying it out loud.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Good grief....I'll enjoy watching these 2 getting together for goood

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Dear god. This again. Why? Do these authors have the same cheat sheet with the same routes and events. "I didn't take your confession seriously". Are you for real? There are like a thousand yuri mangas that pulled it before yours. Why bother?

It isn't really disappointing because I was expecting it two or three chapters later.

last edited at Nov 26, 2018 9:09AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

About fucking time she realized it!!

joined Jan 9, 2018

OMG Yes!

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Shud we put another tag? Drama???

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I like how a lot of people is mad at the usual trope used in romance manga since forever, while i'm here satisfied over the fact that Miyuu finally realized she is in love. BTW, was Kano the one saying that she won't get her hopes up anymore? Or was it Miyuu?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

That's why I love this manga so much, home girl broke that tired old trope.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/clover_ch02

last edited at Nov 26, 2018 12:45PM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Sweet baby Jesus! Creating drama where there isn't any, awesome.

joined Jun 30, 2016

Too late girl!

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Also, I found something really interesting too: Skirts No Longer Mandatory For Girls’ Uniforms At A Japanese Middle School. Japan seems to be trying to break gender norms over the past years. "Taiyo Middle School, located in the Kanagawa Prefecture city of Hiratsuka, is notably breaking gender norms to make some progress when it comes to the official school unform. Now in its 71st year, the school will no longer require its female students to wear skirts. They will be able to choose between them or slack pants. The school also wants its female students to understand that the skirt will not be pushed on them as the main uniform–both options will be treated and weighted equally". This really makes me happy.

I went to a public High School that didn’t require uniforms. And I remember seeing the female Catholic School students wearing their uniform skirts in the depths of winter, even trudging through feet of snow. I figured their legs must be freezing and the requirement a bit cruel. I think they were allowed to wear tights in winter but tights don’t help to keep the cold out.

Apparently they weren’t even allowed to wear pants under their skirts just to stay warm while headed to school. And the skirts weren’t exactly long. About mid knee.

I was always glad the I could wear pants instead of a skirt no matter of gender norms for both comfort and personal preference. Glad to see at least one school allowing this.

Former Catholic school girl here. We wore plain black leggings under our skirts when it got cold out (close enough look to thick tights - the teacher's didn't care). Or snowpants over everything if we were outside for recess.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

did this chapter feel really weird and disjointed to anyone, or am I just overthinking this?

like idk, the whole photobooth thing was weird, like it was just the two of them hanging out and should be having fun but MC felt weirdly stiff and robotic like "we should be working on our manga." "you just want to fool around." "oh i see, we are decorating the photo to help with our manga skills" and it felt like she was just telling off her friend for just having a chill time

then it suddenly flicks to two people confessing, which means then that fun girl can "confess", but theres no build up or anything it just kind of happens out of nowhere

and ofc we have the whole miunderstanding trope, but meh on that.

but yeah this chapter just felt really off for me, like it didnt feel like a natural progression at all

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Oof

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Hahaha Kano-chin diving in to the useless lesbian trope. Me gusta.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Goodness... why do characters always just assume things and run away? JUST ASK THEM WHAT THEY MEAN DAMMIT

It's drama my dude.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Dear god. This again. Why? Do these authors have the same cheat sheet with the same routes and events. "I didn't take your confession seriously". Are you for real? There are like a thousand yuri mangas that pulled it before yours. Why bother?

It isn't really disappointing because I was expecting it two or three chapters later.

In fairness, virtually every lesbian I have known in my life has expressed exactly these kinds of behaviors around their crushes. It happens all the time in fiction because it happens all the time in reality.

"I like you."

(I sure wish she actually liked me. I mean, she's just saying that as friends, right?)

"I like you romantically."

(Gee, it'd sure be nice if she meant that literally.)

"I literally, genuinely like you romantically and am interested in being your girlfriend and kissing you and being with you as a romantic couple that has sex with each other."

(Okay, but how does she mean that?)

last edited at Nov 26, 2018 9:34PM

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

F#cking lesbians

joined Jan 6, 2017

"I like you."

(I sure wish she actually liked me. I mean, she's just saying that as friends, right?)

"I like you romantically."

(Gee, it'd sure be nice if she meant that literally.)

"I literally, genuinely like you romantically and am interested in being your girlfriend and kissing you and being with you as a romantic couple that has sex with each other."

(Okay, but how does she mean that?)

Will you marry me?

(Like, as a friend, right?)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Wanderer posted:

F#cking lesbians

Not yet, no.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Didn't this happen last chapter? We're not done with the misunderstanding spoken words part yet?__?

last edited at Nov 27, 2018 7:38PM

Th
joined Aug 6, 2014

"Baby, do you understand me now?
Sometimes I feel a little mad
But don't you know that no one alive can always be an angel
When things go wrong I feel real bad.
I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood
Baby, sometimes I'm so carefree
With a joy that's hard to hide
And sometimes it seems that, all I have to do is worry
And then you're bound to see my other side
If I seem edgy, I want you to know,
That I never mean to take it out on you
Life has its problems, and I get my share,
And that's one thing I never mean to do
Cause I love you,
Oh,
Oh, oh, oh, baby - don't you know I'm human
I have thoughts like any other one
Sometimes I find myself, Lord, regretting
Some foolish thing, some little simple thing I've done
Yes, I'm just a soul whose intentions are good"
-The Animals

joined Nov 9, 2017

DUN DUN DA DUN! again

but I wouldn't have it any other way ^_^

To reply you must either login or sign up.