Forum › We Can't Draw Love discussion

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

So when will they go full gay for the sake of the manga?

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

What will win: the unstoppable confession or the immovable density?

Well, okay then.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

We need an outside force

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Oh my god, just say, “I’m not drawing anymore manga until we go on a date!” You dumb DISASTER.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Aw you can do it Miyuu!

I see a lot of complaints, but hey this is better than BOTH of them keeping their feelings locked up. At least we have Miyuu who hasn't given up, but I do feel like they're gonna figure it out because of a 3rd party.

joined Dec 5, 2018

i'm fucking done with this missunderstanding shit >< OH COME ON !!! You gotta be kidding me T^T

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

-_-

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I had no idea it was even possible to swing and miss that hard.

joined Apr 26, 2014

If this ever happened to me in real life, where I kept confessing and the other party kept brushing it off, I would be so annoyed and just KISS THE GIRL.

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

I like Miyuu actitude about her being in love, FINALLY THE GODS OF YURI HAVE GIVEN US A PROTAGONIST who knows her feelings and it's not an idiot, I am looking forward for the next chapter this seems really interesting.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

finally, a REALISTIC portrayal of lesbians..can’t believe it took this long!!!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I hate the word, but "stupid" is the only thing that comes to mind to sum up what I just read. This setup is ridiculous. At the end of the chapter the story is in the exact same place as it was last chapter. And that chapter was also redundant.

Why not one chapter of a bunch of stupid miscommunication sequences and get it over with?

What a waste. So painful...

last edited at Dec 9, 2018 5:20PM

Ava
joined Dec 7, 2018

If this ever happened to me in real life, where I kept confessing and the other party kept brushing it off, I would be so annoyed and just KISS THE GIRL.

claping escalating to applause!!!!!!!

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

So when will they go full gay for the sake of the manga?

You know exactly the new direction their next manga is going to take at the prompting of editor-san asking them to shake things up.

"What if we make our next romance one shot a yuri story?"

Edit: For those complaining about the whole miscommunication thing being cliche there is a reason for said cliche which is this is something we see very commonly in real life relationships, particularly lgbt ones. I can't even count how many times I have suffered through similar miscommunications sometimes for years, and sadly unlike in the mangas where the two parties manage to work it out, in the real world it quite often completely derails what could have been a fun relationship before it even starts.

I remember one particularly painful instance where there was this beautiful girl who was into me and I had no idea until she had moved away and one of my dumb ass friends finally decided to tell me she was bi and she wanted to get together with me. I am still a bit bitter about it like a decade and a half later. Also, for all you people out there with thick headed friends who don't seem to realize somebody is into them, fucking tell them! They will thank you for it. Don't just assume they know what's going on.

last edited at Dec 9, 2018 3:49PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

LMAO reminds me of that Tumblr post where someone was like hey I'm a lesbian and my friend told me she would literally date me does she like me?

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

It's not that I'm all that upset about this turn, there are just so many better ways to draw out the story in a way that doesn't make the characters look this dense. Like, we could have Kano accept the confession, then misinterpret Miyu's love as a BFF+ and angst about not being on the same level, that Miyu's affection is a flash in the pan. That would be fine. Or maybe they both confess, but then put it on hold while they sort out what that means, but then the relationship stalls out. That works. Or Kano freaks out and assumes that Miyu is just saying what she wants to hear. (I'm assuming we keep the part where Miyu is just right out in the open, because I think we all agree that's a really refreshing change.)

The point is all of these versions are problems you can't fix by just adding "No, Kano, I'm dead serious. I'm not practicing. I love you." Which she could! She could do that right now! There's no reason she couldn't end this misunderstanding with a flat ten words or less!

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I get the impression that the author of this wants this to be (or thinks that it is) the same kind of comedy as Bright and Cheery Amnesia, but it fails to hit the mark. Instead it just ends up sort of frustrating.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I like how the people here are annoyed because of the cliche but if they actually confessed to each other and went out together the end people would complain how short and rushed the ending is.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

DC3 posted:

I like how the people here are annoyed because of the cliche but if they actually confessed to each other and went out together the end people would complain how short and rushed the ending is.

Why it has to end if they start to go out though?

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

I get the impression that the author of this wants this to be (or thinks that it is) the same kind of comedy as Bright and Cheery Amnesia, but it fails to hit the mark. Instead it just ends up sort of frustrating.

Yeah, I think the next chapters might be confessions in ridiculous ways and getting shot down by insecurity. Like I said in my post it could be great comedy, but I'm not sure the author can pull it off. Or maybe it is lost in translation.

The spike in post count certainly indicates that most people found the chapter kinda annoying

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

This girl is so dense, she's in danger of gravitational collapse.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

My eyes rolled so hard I'm dizzy.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

OH MY GOD JUST HOLD H*NDS ALREADYYY

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

DC3 posted:

Why it has to end if they start to go out though?

well, most yuri manga stories end when the girls confess to each other. however, even if it does continue on, the confession would still be too sudden for this manga, at least that's how i see it. dunno why people want them to confess so early on in a comedy manga, the confession would just ruin the comedy imo.

To reply you must either login or sign up.