Forum › We Can't Draw Love discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I agree that the writing was bad and rushed but still, those two were so cute together, and that's what made me follow it to the end and I don't regret it.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

And the art seemed to get worse over time, although maybe I'm thinking of the writing . . .

pic

joined Sep 6, 2018

meh.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

For me, it felt like this manga really came through in the last two chapters. Both of them actually made me laugh, and I feel they brought the series to a fitting enough conclusion. The rest was kind of underwhelming though.

Same here.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Went on too long for too small a reward...

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Ordinarily, I'd be fine with stories and endings like this (drama and all) but THIS.. these last 2/3 chapters just felt like it got half assed into oblivion aside from the obviously rushed end.

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

Whut this is how it ends. Hmm I guess a good ending but rushed, and no good kid oh well

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Looking the manga as whole.. this is absurd lol. What did the author even want to make exactly

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

The last few chapters have just been... meh for me. This started off decently strong, but the meandering with misunderstandings and the weird lack of any substantial side characters for most of it just makes it all feel bland. The author also didn't seem willing to fully dedicate to either drama or comedy, and doesn't have the finesse to juggle both, so the tone always felt a little off. I roughly enjoyed reading this, but it's likely not one I'll come back to.

I guess in the end, the title applies more so to the mangaka who drew this than the manga itself. Hopefully that'll be rectified in their next outing.

last edited at May 25, 2019 12:02AM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

i saw that this series wrapped up when yuri ichigo posted on twitter that they had released final chapter. i had read a few chapters early on, and wasn't too interested, but figured I'd read thru anyway now that it's over.

i was very unimpressed.

last edited at May 25, 2019 12:53AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Meh I guess the author just didn't care by the end of it

I did enjoy the point though when they got interrupted for a kiss and MC goes "I knew this would happen, even though it's cliche" it's like even the characters are calling out how unoriginal this manga is

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I mean come on, first of all I guess that at least it finished and they didn’t “misunderstand each other” (wow what big steps have been made) but also now it feels like we’re reaching a new era: the era of rushed endings. I swear I’m always double checking to see if the last chapter really is the last one it feels so out of left field when they finish.

This is one thing you can't blame on the mangaka. It's the industry as a whole that is to blame for the travesty of rushed ruined endings. Mangaka are rarely given much warning when their series is getting the ax. Generally they have between 1 and 3 chapters to take the story from where ever it was to its conclusion which is often not even enough to give the current story arc a proper resolution let alone the entire series.

It's one of the things that pisses me off most about this medium. It should be a standard part of any long running manga contract that the mangaka be given at least 4 or 5 chapters worth of warning before the ax drops so they can put together something that remotely looks like a real ending.

joined Jul 4, 2018

Reiwa confirmed for the age of yuri.

As a Cancer with a 69 as their zodiaz symbol, I approve.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Well, that happened. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

shinystewshine
Tumblr_pleo0rtlsv1qe7783o1_500%20-%20edited
joined Aug 6, 2018

Having trouble believing that was the last chapter. If there is anything I dislike about any series doing its rushing an ending, so this left a bit of an empty space in my heart. It takes an ending like that for me to become sour real quick. I feel like a bit towards the end it just kind of went auto-pilot mode to the nearest exit. That's a shame.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Can anyone remind me what happened between the boyish girl and the rival author? Or can you tell me which chapter to re-read? I'm glad that cliche got turned into a more tolerable jealousy cliche.

pic

2%20-%20jmdagff
joined Aug 31, 2014

i don't know... how to feel me about the end... D:

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

That's it? Really? Ew, okay... Feel like a waste of time reading this but overall it was cool

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am just glad it finished :) It was cute and in many cases it would have been a one-shot, after all.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ren-kyun has a strict bugs-only policy. Gotta respect that.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

These little bonus pages were actually quite nice.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I want to see more Sui!
Can we get a whole Sui spin off or something? That would be groovy

joined Jan 26, 2019

Has there been a manga where a rich girl eats a McDonald's hamburger for the first time and says, "Wow! This is awful"?

To reply you must either login or sign up.