Forum › Kimi wa Shoujo discussion

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Man, it's always awkward seeing what you thought would be a one-night-stand out in public the next day.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I think you can currently write just about anything down to Maki plain having some trouble wrapping her head around the whole business. She is, for a lack of better word, dazed and seems to be all but sleepwalking throughout the school day (to the understandable consternation of her friends).

...I suppose it is to Kousaka's credit she's quite kicking herself over what she did. "What the actual fuck, me?!"

last edited at May 17, 2018 4:20PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Sounds like she's aware of the basic principles, going by how she started connecting the dots at "in and out". Seems more like she's blanking out on sheer emotional confusion.

Probably comes down to having to suddenly cope with the whole shebang of "passion" with no forewarning or prior experience. "Deep end of the pool and no floater" kind of situation.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

"I had sex with Kousaka-san." No fucking shit, genious.

joined Sep 9, 2016

Sounds like she's aware of the basic principles, going by how she started connecting the dots at "in and out". Seems more like she's blanking out on sheer emotional confusion.

Probably comes down to having to suddenly cope with the whole shebang of "passion" with no forewarning or prior experience. "Deep end of the pool and no floater" kind of situation.

Almost reminds me of Yuu from YagaKimi. Yuu, obviously, doesn't seem as dense to the prospect of relationships between two women as Maki does here, but they both clearly suffer from a lack of sense for the passion involved with a romantic relationship, as you pointed out.

last edited at May 17, 2018 4:36PM

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Wow, Kousaka banged her so hard that she couldn't even think straight (lol) the next day.

You'd think this girl wouldn't have gone through with the whole thing if she didn't know what was going to happen, but I suppose Kousaka was being a little pushy.

joined May 23, 2015

Ah, the wonders of modern technology. Access to Web search (almost) anywhere at a moment's notice to let you ask a Web search those awkward questions you sure as hell couldn't ask anyone else.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

This is being surprisingly realistic! I'm looking forward to what happens next.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Almost reminds me of Yuu from YagaKimi. Yuu, obviously, doesn't seem as dense to the prospect of relationships between two women as Maki does here, but they both clearly suffer from a lack of sense for the passion involved with a romantic relationship, as you pointed out.

Well, more like she's completely overwhelmed by the intensity of the emotions involved. That kind of thing can be pretty jarring and bewildering at first brush in general. To give a parallel one reason people tend to "freeze up" in dangerous situations is they don't know how to cope with the sudden rush of adrenaline - something appropriate training and experience helps a lot with.

You'd think this girl wouldn't have gone through with the whole thing if she didn't know what was going to happen, but I suppose Kousaka was being a little pushy.

I think it was more of a "I have no idea what's going on and it scares me but I'm also excited and curious and trust her" kind of thing on Maki's part. Such an anxious jumble isn't exactly unusual for teenagers having their first time I understand - nevermind now that the idea of two women doing it wasn't terribly familiar to her at the time, further adding to the disorientation.

Mikoto_to_aru_kagaku_no_railgun
joined Feb 18, 2018

How old is she if she does not know what sex is?

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

roachjack7 posted:

This escalated a lot quicker than I'd have liked. But, oh well, I remember feeling the same about Bloom into You's 1st chapter :D. Not that I expect similar level of writing, but it's probably too early to lose interest when I've seen only 2 chapters.

It reminds me of the yaoi mangas where one is shy and the other guy is super aggressive (in a sexual way) is like the most common trope in yaoi, like it won't sell if they don't fuck in the first volume xD

That kind of setup is fairly common in yuri too, I've noticed.

Isn't yuri mostly about superfriends during school? Didn't notice too many aggressive or "rapy" yuris so far. :o Fujoshi seem to enjoy male on male rape as yuri does like handholding and indirect kisses.

I'm always confused when I see these super innocent and naive schoolgirls. I know yuri likes the pure girl clichè, but pretty much everyone should have a smartphone with access to the internet. I live in a small village and even I knew my gay stuff at around 8 or 9.

Also doing lewd stuff already feels lewd, so no idea how it could be thought of as not sexual (or not counting as sex).

I like age gap, but if she's 'that' innocent, it feels a bit as if she were an elementary school kid or something.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So do we assume that these days the usual parental “birds and the bees” talk and/or official sex education curriculum also includes “by the way, yes, two girls can do it, and here’s how”?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

So do we assume that these days the usual parental “birds and the bees” talk and/or official sex education curriculum also includes “by the way, yes, two girls can do it, and here’s how”?

Lol, I was just discussing this with someone who had first hand experience of exactly this kind of situation (having sex but realising it only later), their explanation actually makes a lot of sense. Basically, a lot of people have this really narrow view of sex (vaginal penetration by a penis), so to many (and this can include young and inexperienced lesbians), fingerbanging and cunnilingus will register more as a form of foreplay, rather than a full-blown sex.

last edited at May 17, 2018 5:46PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This isn't retarded at all

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

She knew what sex was, the previous ch. she felt disgusted by the adults' comments about the Lady being a widow and how she hadnt fucked for years. Maybe se just didnt know that it was possible between girls

Also having this released followed by "Dark Widow" send my imagination flying

last edited at May 17, 2018 6:23PM

Oneeigh-chan
joined Feb 1, 2018

The older one really abused her trust, that end of chp2 when the younger one tries to leave and she says come inside.. I'm not too comfortable with this.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

So, Jinno-san is so young and naive, that she didn't even know what sex was. I thought this was going to be warm coming of age story, but it keeps going in a direction, that I'm not entirely comfortable with.

Lily%20season1
joined Feb 4, 2013

I'm curious tho' if the morning glories are a dipiction of Maki and Kousaka-san "love" seeing as Morning glories have meanings such as Love that is in vain or Restricted love. After re-reading ch.3 especially these two pages https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kimi_wa_shoujo_ch03#12 and https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kimi_wa_shoujo_ch03#13
any input? or am I just overthinking this?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

The older one really abused her trust, that end of chp2 when the younger one tries to leave and she says come inside.. I'm not too comfortable with this.

I imagine we're supposed to be uncomfortable. It's a rather uncomfortable topic, presented in a way that emphasizes this. Even the suggestion that this girl views this romance as a way to feel more "adult" is inherently uncomfortable, especially because that kind of view is not uncommon in reality, and can lead to unpleasant outcomes.

So far, this seems to be a story where the age gap is taken seriously, ethical problems and all.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'd be on the "so disoriented that it took time for her to register" side, because obviously she has to know at least the basics.

In any case, the author is definitely good at conveying a certain mood, like that steaming hotness in the flashbacks. They just have to improve their proportions…

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

this feels more like a horror than anything even remotely romantic. I wonder if the author is that inept, or is legitimately trying to portray the situation as disturbing and incomprehensible.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'd say they're doing a pretty good job portraying incomprehension.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

So far, this seems to be a story where the age gap is taken seriously, ethical problems and all.

Basically, this. The main character is a 14 year old (just for reference, that is the age of last year primary school/freshly enrolled high school students in my country), most (mind you, I will not necessarily say "all") age gap relationships where the younger party is this young will have some serious imbalance in dynamics. The only way this could be depicted as less predatory or unsettling is if the manga went the usual yuri age gap route and simply disregarded the implications of such a relationship. Like, seriously, how often have you read an age gap story where the age difference was actually addressed and translated into relationship dynamics (to be clear, I am talking about age gap stories with the younger party being as young as here, of course this does not apply to age gaps where both of them are adults)? So I would say that the people complaining about the unsettling aspect and ascribing it to bad writing are missing the mark.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I'm curious tho' if the morning glories are a dipiction of Maki and Kousaka-san "love" seeing as Morning glories have meanings such as Love that is in vain or Restricted love. After re-reading ch.3 especially these two pages https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kimi_wa_shoujo_ch03#12 and https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kimi_wa_shoujo_ch03#13
any input? or am I just overthinking this?

You're on the right track. The specific flowers showing up in the series are all intentional. Which is true for every yuri clearly identifiable flowers show up in. Wikipedia says this one means "willful promises."

I also couldn't help but notice the farmer's co-op on the first page of chapter 3.

Or the fact that yuri proves again to make you better at ping pong.

last edited at May 17, 2018 8:19PM

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

This girl is very innocent to don´t know about this stuff on her age.

To reply you must either login or sign up.