Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Igarashi's key statement is, "I made a mistake," which certain kinds of people often mistake for having delivered an apology, even though it's only preliminary to actually expressing, "And I'm sorry and am asking for your forgiveness."

Anyone's guess where she was going with it since they got interrupted by meddling kidsNanoha and the prospective applicants, though from the context its clear she had something to discuss about the whole rejection business. Not sure how Chidori's shocked_pikachu_face.jpg there is supposed to be read...

After the Valentine's Day candy return, Igarashi might have surreptitiously observed Chidori and Nanoha interacting, and, having developed a villains' super-gaydar, put two and two together, which their closest friends have yet to do, even after a sleepover.

Or maybe it's just generalized asshole-ness.

Seems like an awful specific barb to throw as a parting shot if she didn't at least have a strong suspicion of their relationship is all. TBF to the blissfully unaware friends, though, Igarashi would at least have had a rough of idea what kinds of hints to look for if she was keeping an eye on Chidori before graduation; would still rather smack of supervillainous omniscience.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

How dare you make them cry, Igarashi.

I see what you did there.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I just realize something. We haven't been told "it's a secret from everybody" since the first beach chapter.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the author never uses it again.

Maybe this means something, maybe she just finally got sick of it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just realize something. We haven't been told "it's a secret from everybody" since the first beach chapter.

I don’t know what anybody’s problem with that was—lots of series have taglines that become unnecessary for regular readers. (Like Yamada’s “Kase-san is cool and kind of boyish . . .”)

But they’re, you know—taglines.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I don’t know what anybody’s problem with that was—lots of series have taglines that become unnecessary for regular readers. (Like Yamada’s “Kase-san is cool and kind of boyish . . .”)

Oh yeah, it's kind of fun how the author works that into every chapter, with the first couple pages as setup. Though at only 10 pages a chapter, I wonder if it was kind of restrictive for her.

I'm just wondering if it's just a change she made for some reason unrelated to the story, or if it means someone found out.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh yeah, it's kind of fun how the author works that into every chapter, with the first couple pages as setup. Though at only 10 pages a chapter, I wonder if it was kind of restrictive for her.

I'm just wondering if it's just a change she made for some reason unrelated to the story, or if it means someone found out.

Nanoha's li'l sis has been on the case for some time, although that's probably not related to the tagline.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

How dare you make them cry, Igarashi.

I see what you did there.

I have no idea what you assume I did, but I didn't. I'm not that smart. lol

joined May 1, 2013

I think partly because it's much more boring to see them keeping a secret forever than seeing their friends actually react to the relationship.

Also maybe it ties in to the whole "if it's a secret special pure innocent love between us then it's a delicate yuri flower!" which is just tired.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think partly because it's much more boring to see them keeping a secret forever than seeing their friends actually react to the relationship.

Also maybe it ties in to the whole "if it's a secret special pure innocent love between us then it's a delicate yuri flower!" which is just tired.

I was specifically talking about the complaints about the repetition of the phrase itself, which some irritated readers seemed to think was intended to impart new information every time.

That’s completely separate from the plot issue of whether anyone knows about the two of them or not.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Chap 46 is out there somewhere, probably will be here in a few days.
Chidori confronts Igarashi about her misleading words to Nanoha, senpai apparently really thought of it as a joke, Nanoha blinkes in and openly claims territory, senpai is again apparently really surprised that girl can love girl, but then apologies for the joke and departs without further drama

That's good enough for me from this diabetes-inducing manga.

last edited at Aug 28, 2019 4:46PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Chap 46 is out there somewhere, probably will be here in a few days.
Chidori confronts Igarashi about her misleading words to Nanoha, senpai apparently really thought of it as a joke, Nanoha blinkes in and openly claims territory, senpai is again apparently really surprised that girl can love girl, but then apologies for the joke and departs without further drama

That's good enough for me from this diabetes-inducing manga.

That's the most half ass resolve of drama i ever seen. Igarashi is like "so girls can love girls. Well, i leave then". Bruh, did she really gotta get away with "you were alone" excuse ?

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

The drama is not all that big to begin with. This manga's main focus, i think, is that Nanoha and Chidori being cute and sweet with each other in their relationship. This little side plot has had its run, and I think it's quite enough.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Way to fucking gooo!

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

THAT'S NANOHA FOR YOU, BITCH!

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

At least personally I found this arc to be weak. No actual resolution with growth for neither of the two people who could have used it (Chidori and Igarashi), and Nanoha ending up as an idiot white knight who burns down the entire closet because there's a bug in it, instead of trusting Chidori to take care of it herself.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The Sempi resolution feels like the set-up for something else. If I'm not mistaken, we're nearing the end of the series, so maybe a spin-off or sequel?

The repeated dazed expressions and halfhearted excuse followed by quick exit feels like the sempi had a revelation that she didn't have the mental bandwidth to fully process but couldn't put aside until later. If the series was going on much longer, I could see her getting a B-ark that explores her coming to terms with the fact that, yes, girls can date other girls and, not only did she miss her chance with Chidori, but she also doesn't have to settle for a boyfriend and maybe she shouldn't. As a spin-off or sequel, you could hit those points as well as questions of how a previously "straight" girl goes about finding a serious girlfriend, how it differs from her previous flings and heterosexual relationships, and how the people who know her react to this change.

Honestly, I kind-of hope that does happen, because it could lead to a very interesting story.

At least personally I found this arc to be weak. No actual resolution with growth for neither of the two people who could have used it (Chidori and Igarashi), and Nanoha ending up as an idiot white knight who burns down the entire closet because there's a bug in it, instead of trusting Chidori to take care of it herself.

To be fair, it seems like Chidori was about to let the cat out of the bag herself and they've both been straining at the closet doors, to differing degrees, for a while now. This may or may not force them to actually deal with that.

last edited at Aug 28, 2019 9:01PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You say it’s a joke, but nobody’s laughing—asshole.

So, an asshole without even the courage of her convictions. (And making those “not-just-friends” Valentines chocolates even more gratuitous cruelty.)

Do.Not.Fuck.With.Nanoha’s.Chidori. Just don’t.

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

Oh hell no. I don't think it's gonna be "goodbye" lol.

It might as well be goodbye anyhow. I think Nanoha's alpha lez moves left an impression on spineless senpai. Yeah. Goodbye indeed.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

okay all that build up wtf.

Sempai obviously realized she loved Chidori and tried to move back in on her. I dunno if this is the last we see of her. Suspicious af.

Chained-kong-5ab9c8a67b959
joined Jul 14, 2019

owo

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Just FYI, this series continues even now (unless it got the ax or finished in the last couple months) and the translated part is not even half of it, IIRC. I was following the raws until Sunday Webry decided to lock out people not living in Japan (I am extremely miffed as it's literally the only service I know of that restricts their app to Japan, plus I put some money on there I will never get back even if it was only like $20).

There are 5 volumes out and that's not counting serialization that has not been collected into a volume yet. There is plenty more to come.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I know what Nanoha’s feeling, but she should have waited and let Chidori at least to talk, and tell what’s real about them. I know it’s good that Nanoha kinda grew a little for talking to a senpai. But, idk, but I think it’s better if Chidori was the one, it’s about her past heartbreak anyway. All in all, I feel this story about the senpai is rather weak, like, what that’s it?!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ryu-chii posted:

Hum... why do you people want heavy drama when we can have it light and can be solved easily since the manga doesn't seem to be a drama thing to begin with.
When it's heavy ,people complain same goes for it when it's light. I don't get you people.

I think it's more it felt too light, so people feel like entire set up was pointless if it was going to matter so little.

joined Jul 26, 2019

In my opinion this story with senpai is not over.....

joined Dec 18, 2018

Yeah, this definitely isn't completely resolved yet. Chidori needs to talk to Nanoha about everything that happened between her and Igarashi in the first year, you don't want to leave stuff like this hanging.

To reply you must either login or sign up.