Forum › Crackling Palms discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Good stuff. I love plots where unusual symbolic elements are incorporated into the romance.

joined Jul 23, 2017

Lovey Dovey Sweetness Is Everything

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Maybe Tsuru could try wearing an ESD strap and attaching it onto a button?

joined Mar 5, 2016

oh shit, it's the artist behind the goat girl love letter comic! no wonder the art style was familiar and this was so good and unusual.

joined Dec 28, 2016

I couldn't get past the fact that the mangaka doesn't seem to understand how static electricity works... You can't get bands that will do anything. People don't just randomly constantly build up static electricity.

I mean if we just think of it as "magic electricity" then sure it works but wish they hadn't tried to use physics they don't understand.

last edited at Sep 30, 2017 4:58PM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

The power of love

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Reminds me of the manga about the girl who's like a furnace so all the girls hug her in the winter but only the one that loves her does so in the summer.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Cuteee

joined Mar 6, 2015

Ohhh she gave her one of those 740¥ anti-shock bracelets http://blog.zige.jp/sp/twinkle2/kiji/877663.html

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I didn't know these bands existed. I learn the weirdest things in mangas. #nice

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This was incredibly cute, wasn't expecting something so sweet out of nowhere.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Love it.

Tumblr_nj0kgfmtjf1r8wxq1o1_540
joined Dec 28, 2016

I see japaneses static shocks are even worse than japaneses cold

joined Jun 27, 2016

The plot is totally ridiculous but still very adorable.

joined Oct 17, 2016

Reminds me of the manga about the girl who's like a furnace so all the girls hug her in the winter but only the one that loves her does so in the summer.

Can anyone tell me the name of this manga? Thankss

Tumblr_pcncujlobx1vjy21go6_250
joined Apr 13, 2014

I see japaneses static shocks are even worse than japaneses cold

Lmao. Careful you'll get static shocks from falling asleep while with wet hair!

Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

I couldn't get past the fact that the mangaka doesn't seem to understand how static electricity works... You can't get bands that will do anything. People don't just randomly constantly build up static electricity.

I mean if we just think of it as "magic electricity" then sure it works but wish they hadn't tried to use physics they don't understand.

Don't you think that the bands are symbolic? They're like one of those "as seen on TV" products which bullshit you into buying them, but their purpose in the story isn't literal...when she wears both, they don't do anything to protect her, but when they each wear one, they don't get shocked.

Not because the bands physically did anything, but because the bands are symbols of their love overcoming difficulties.

Ovld
joined Dec 18, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuyu_no_shi

joined Jul 20, 2011

Hey gurl, maybe this is a sign that you are developing awesome lightning powers! xD

Now that I think of it, there's some weird shit I learned about in an old workplace of mine. We had a server in a small office there, and whenever you had to sit there to do stuff, you got überzapped when you tried to open the door again.

So people taught me a trick. Thing is, those static discharges set off at the moment you close the circuit. So if you just go and touch ground (ground in the electric sense, not the floor; e.g. somepony else, or a doorknob) with your hand then the spark forms at your hand, which is rather sensitive and thus it stings.
But if you hop and then touch the knob while you are airborne, then at that moment you are isolated and the circuit remains open, and when you touch the floor again you ground there and the spark forms at your shoes' soles, which don't hurt. Unless you are barefoot. In that case this trick doesn't really help.

joined Oct 17, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuyu_no_shi

Thanks! That was really sweet and the climax leading to the ending was just wonderful.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

In my experience, static electricity has just as much to do with the clothes you're wearing as the person. I used to have this coat that was basically a car battery...

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

My thoughts exactly, it even became annoying

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

i couldnt take the manga seriously after she got mad about the static electricity lie.

joined Sep 20, 2016

This oneshot wasn't for me. The whole "I can't believe you lied to me about not getting hurt by static electricity just so you could have me all to yourself!" reasoning is just way too contrived. Who acts like that in real life?

joined Sep 23, 2015

Just as a heads-up: Those wireless anti-ESD straps (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/515GrExse3L.jpg) are a damn joke. Don't trust them!

The best thing ist, that there is literally just a single resistor in there that leads to nirvana. Like that is gonna dissipate anything.

Sorry, but i thought about those things while the main character showed off her "anti-shock-bracelets".

To reply you must either login or sign up.