Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was a classic Student x Teacher setup. Drunk sex, guilt, rumors, running away, cutting ties, etc...

Pretty cowardly, but again, who can blame the nurse?

But how come you can't enter a Love Hotel in Japan without someone you know spotting you? /s

joined Nov 27, 2015

Konatsu's story (minus the teacher x student part) was actually quite relatable and compelling. This has to be one of my favorite chapters and although sad, felt like a break from the angsty drama. Still would like to see something uplifting happen to uta whether it is having her love returned or at least making peace with it so she can move on without regrets.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 5:49AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Backstory chapter 10/10 enjoyed that a lot

Credits page at the end 100/10 made me laugh out loud, thank you

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

Something's gonna happen soon

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Have to love that credit page lol

Upside-down-legomd
joined Jun 13, 2015

1001th comment!
but the heck, doesn't that "lie" the teacher made not protect the student's reputation at all, that doesnt make sense

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

1001th comment!
but the heck, doesn't that "lie" the teacher made not protect the student's reputation at all, that doesnt make sense

The implication is that (along with her drunken comment about how things will go with the male teacher "next time") is that they're going to get married, so accusing him would ruin the nurse's chances to be "normal."

'Cause, you know, marrying someone you dislike and may well be abusive is better than being "weird," since at least then your parents can get grandchildren.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

This is turning out pretty boring, folks. Also: did the nurse/teacher actually feel the hots for the student or was it an "I'm drunk, anyone will do" thing?

I mean, apparently, they did go all the way...lol...

last edited at Oct 22, 2018 10:09AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, 19 chapters in, and if I recall correctly, the basic setup was that Uta and Kaoru seemed to have a real emotional bond with each other (in contrast to what either of them had with the brother) but family circumstances in general made it seem impossible that the relationship could ever turn romantic.

Things have happened from time to time, but has anything actually changed significantly?

• Kaoru found evidence that her husband may well be cheating. (But she hasn't done anything about it.)
  • Uta confesssed. (But her feelings didn't seem to reach Kaoru.)
  • The Mom came and the audience learned information that we didn't have before. (But all the characters knew it all along.)
  • The side characters did and said a variety of things that made Uta reflect on her own situation. (And she may do something based on those reflections at some point in the future.)

I want to like this series. I definitely like certain things about this series. But what in the world is the deal here? The story seems to constantly be setting up the conditions for something significant happening that never seems to happen.

(It's starting to remind me of one of those stories that are interesting and intriguing at the start because they set up a situation that seems impossible to resolve, and it gradually becomes clear that the creators have never had a viable plan for how to resolve it. Maybe I'm wrong about that. But I'd sure like to see some evidence that I am.)

last edited at Nov 10, 2018 10:38AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

Well...technically at any moment the author can solve the problem by having Kaoru and/or Uta drink a lot and simply make out with each other. No, really. That's what makes the story even more frustrating: the entire setup is, in fact, unnecessary unless the characters were actually reacting to anything.

last edited at Oct 22, 2018 12:04PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

i think the reason everyone is starting to hate this is because it takes to so long to make a new chapter , that's why just expect something good and end up with nothing after the long wait.

what i think it would happend:
-FeMC will expose his brother's cheating beavior and get him out of the house
-FeMC will try to take this as an oportunity to get close to the girl
-we will have some drama queen moments about how she feels like sh*t taking that as an oportunity and breaking a family appart.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I swear to God, Kaoru is the last person on the entire manga universe that deserves Uta-chan's love, if I had a chance to crossover my significant other of choice for Uta-chan would be the goddess Sayaka

joined Feb 18, 2018

I guess the real question is when Uta and Konatsu are going to move on from these older people full of problems and find out they could be together instead lol

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

(It's starting to remind me of one of those stories that are interesting and intriguing at the start because they set up a situation that seems impossible to resolve, and it gradually becomes clear that the creators have never had a viable plan for how to resolve it.

This is my feeling. It's just badly written. It's as if the author is making things up as (s)he goes along and keeps forgetting or abandoning previous developments.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

im not happy i want to cry

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I guess the real question is when Uta and Konatsu are going to move on from these older people full of problems and find out they could be together instead lol

...My name is -ninrok- and I fully support this direction.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That’s unusual—characters who deal with disappointment in same-sex love by sleeping with any het guy in sight usually don’t get much love around here.

Rather the opposite, actually.

joined Feb 18, 2018

That’s unusual—characters who deal with disappointment in same-sex love by sleeping with any het guy in sight usually don’t get much love around here.

But Konatsu is legit the only straightforward (no pun intended) person in the entire story! Uta needs someone like her.

last edited at Oct 24, 2018 3:37PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But Konatsu is legit the only straightforward (no pun intended) person in the entire story! Uta needs someone like her.

Except by virtue of her status has protoganist, is Uta really much better than the other dithering idiots in this story? Pre-confession I’d have said no, but I’ve been able to retain at least some sympathy for her since, unlike anyone else in the story—except Konatsu, as you say—at least she finally took the bull by the horns and did something, although the bull still seems to be only vaguely aware of it.

I’ve begun seeing these characters less as irritating fictional human beings and more like unfortunate puppets whose operator has yet to figure out how to make them do anything except go around in circles.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

i keep wanting the brother to go somewhere and die stop getting in the way mister yaoi hands

joined Feb 18, 2018

Except by virtue of her status has protoganist, is Uta really much better than the other dithering idiots in this story? Pre-confession I’d have said no, but I’ve been able to retain at least some sympathy for her since, unlike anyone else in the story—except Konatsu, as you say—at least she finally took the bull by the horns and did something, although the bull still seems to be only vaguely aware of it.

Has Uta even confessed? (and by confession saying the words "I love you like a love song" or something LOL)

I mean, as far as I know, she just looked at Kaoru with weird eyes and that was it. Well unless they kissed.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

matsuri_wins posted:

Has Uta even confessed? (and by confession saying the words "I love you like a love song" or something LOL)

I mean, as far as I know, she just looked at Kaoru with weird eyes and that was it. Well unless they kissed.

Well since this is all the confirmation we got, I can't blame you. So presumably just "I love you".

Also Konatsu's story is actually way worse than Uta's since she was taken advantage of and raped and then left traumatized without any support and nurse wasn't properly punished for her crime. So it's actually very tragic ending for Konatsu, while nurse got away scot free.

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 9:27AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Also Konatsu's story is actually way worse than Uta's since she was taken advantage of and raped and then left traumatized without any support and nurse wasn't properly punished for her crime. So it's actually very tragic ending for Konatsu, while nurse got away scot free.

Felt like dub-con, but without getting into it, I agree--- the nurse should've owned up to her actions. It was incredibly terrible of her to just ghost Konatsu, especially after taking advantage of her.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

onyxpanda posted:

Felt like dub-con, but without getting into it, I agree--- the nurse should've owned up to her actions. It was incredibly terrible of her to just ghost Konatsu, especially after taking advantage of her.

I was actually half trolling with it, but nobody took the bait. When Konatsu thing was mentioned first time, a lot people in comments shouted rape and how Konatsu was 100% victim. I tried to defend nurse and argue it might be consensual or even that it sounds more that Konatsu was the one to tempted her, but I was quickly told I'm out of the touch with reality (more or less ). And now we finally got explanation what happened and... nobody says anything. I guess most of those people stopped reading long ago since releases are not that frequent. Anyway, I have to agree it was pretty much rape. Nurse acted on instinct when drunk. And worse thing, it is pretty clear she had no feelings for Konatsu so there weren't really a chance they would date if she didn't disappear. Konatsu might not resist because of her relationship with nurse, but she wasn't really given a choice either. Nurse clearly didn't want that kind of relationship with Konatsu, but after what happened, she understood that thier relationship will become awkward and she can't work there anymore. So it does feel like Konatsu had it worse than Uta, but since everyone has different level of suffering they can handle, you can't really compare someone's misery.

last edited at Nov 6, 2018 10:20AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

well i´m getting pretty bored of this one the constant cuts of the main story all the aaaangst that leads to nothing and the unsolved plots that the story just keep ignoring or leaving aside are killing my interest
maybe is just the fact that there´s too much time between releases (i´m not complaining thank you scanlators and translators love u all #all the homo) but at first every new chapters was awesome for me but now is like meee

To reply you must either login or sign up.