Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I had kinda forgotten what was going on with this manga, so I got kinda confusing reading this chapter. I took some time to remember who Konatsu was.

17___peppa_renon_chan_by_tsuukiyomi-d8c0h52
joined Jul 17, 2018

squints

I sense the potential for a rebound if the author-or the pushy editors-just give up.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I think what's annoying about the series is how choppy the pacing is. The author jumps around waaaay too much.

feels like citrus now

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

After reading the new chapter, I have the uneasy feeling this is some strange calm before a storm of epic proportions. What are all these girls in Uta's life for? My guess: Konatsu is going to convince Uta to date her in order to forget about Kaoru, Uta is going to start the process of moving out, Kaoru is going to find out about the husband cheating. Kaoru has a meltdown about Uta and not about the husband, realizes she liked Uta all along.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ooh, who's ready for chapter 18 of "Not Much Happens"? :))

This should be the official title tbh

I enjoy tMnR’s UmiEli works, but this series irks me. I only follow it because I’m hoping something will eventually happen

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Finally people calling Kuro out on her shit.
I'm inclined to agree with matsuri_wins; it feels like next chapter's going to be a flashback, but then after that, everything's going to fall apart in a major way.

joined Sep 6, 2018

And now a digression from the plot line: Go to commercial!

joined Feb 23, 2016

Hmmm more past story’s... i can live with that i guess

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I guess the author has a jumbled ideas that couldn't create a better plot line. Every chapter is always away from supposed to be the plot. Of course, I saw other story made it like that and it's fine but w/ this story it's kinda annoying tbh. tMnr probably not sure where this story going to, so just keep prolonging, putting another drama, until she gets what she's going to do to Uta and Kaoru.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I guess the author has a jumbled ideas that couldn't create a better plot line. Every chapter is always away from supposed to be the plot. Of course, I saw other story made it like that and it's fine but w/ this story it's kinda annoying tbh. tMnr probably not sure where this story going to, so just keep prolonging, putting another drama, until she gets what she's going to do to Uta and Kaoru.

Or the person/people/company said we want more of this so more chapters then planed. Thus extending the plot to keep the pay check. Stuff happens all the time sometimes you get something that never gets old ala yuru yuri and othertimes you get the prolonged wet fart of Nisekoi.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Finally we get to hear Konatsu's story, I've been wondering about her ever since we first saw her

joined Jan 18, 2016

Decided to re-read first chapter, man, the quality drop is astounding...
I was a fan of tmnr's art from her Eli x Umi doujinshi. They were amazing. And i was excited to hear that she got her own series started.

But this last few chapter was so blegh..did she lost interest in her own story along the way? Because my interest in this series definitely nonexistent right now.
Goes to show that she was not ready for a serialised work.

joined Oct 23, 2016

There is NO REASON the chapter should end here. Literally nothing happened. Konatsu should just have said her dumb story. Cried her little heart out. Then we should have seen that odd couple/NOT COUPLE duke it out and fix their "relationship."
Go back to the main story. This manga is just streeeeeeeehtching out for no damn reason. Ugh...

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This story gets hell-a reaction out of you all. I don't even have time to read all the comments since my last one. bummer.
I feel like I missed something with the side couple. I thought it was going one way but eh. Looks like imma need to re-read.

rages And who's bright Idea was it to upload new chapters to almost every yuri I enjoy all at once! Let me know!
. . . So I can thank you!

I guess I'm just not invested enough to feel the angst of the lead character. Not great stuff is happening but . . . yeah. I'll say more once I get a chance to re-read.

last edited at Sep 24, 2018 4:22PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

I do agree the story is very slow-burning, but jeez, it seems like manga authors can't please the audience no matter what they do. With Shitrus, people were saying the story is out of whack, moves too fast, drama upon drama without any explanations and plot points ending all of a sudden. Now with this one, it's literally the opposite, even if it's going slow and the main couple is kind of bland (read: more realistic), everything is being explained and the author is taking their time to formulate the plot. I mean, it's obvious this is going in a dramatic direction once stuff goes down.

But of course, very easy to foresee: once the drama kicks in full force people will start complaining "OMG too dramatic, what is the author thinking" etc.

last edited at Sep 25, 2018 9:32AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I do agree the story is very slow-burning,

I don’t mind the “slow,” but to me this story isn’t actually “burning” with very much heat.

It’s more like when a plastic bag falls onto an electric stove right after the teakettle comes off—a lot of smelly smoke and then a nasty mess to clean up.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Finally caught up on this series. I hate Kaoru already, she is so bland and boring, and so is Uta. Can Miyagi and Kuro be the MCs? I don't understand, is it just me or side characters in these stories tend to be the actual interesting people? (Bloom Into You excluded, since Yuu is freaking awesome)

After reading the comments I actually find the leads in this more interesting than I did previously.(bland or not there is a LOT going on with them) I honestly can't say I find myself shipping them but It feels like their is a good chance in all this chaos that they could end up together. (may only seem that way to me since I'm not really rooting for it)

I do often find side characters more interesting but there seems to be a number of reasons for that I've seen mentioned before. One point I often hear is lead character are made to have broad appeal so they tend to be relatable to as many as people as possible. I try to bear this in mind while b*tching about lead characters. Often fail!

The second is that this since people may not care about the side characters, they author can go nuts with them.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Also: am I the only one kinda thinking it's not healthy for Kaoru to develop feelings for a girl she has seen grow up? It would be different if she didn't see Uta as a child, but she has...

that seems to be one of those things . . . where I have to say yes in all honesty. I've seen it in fiction and heard about it happening in real life. So on paper I'd say yes but then if we look at it from, I donno how to say it, the fact that it's just possible to be romantically attracted to anyone no mater what what their gender is, let alone the fact that the reached adulthood later than you, or vice versa, whether you knew them all that time or not, then I have to technically say . . . no.

last edited at Sep 25, 2018 3:48PM

joined Apr 23, 2015

I think I have a fairly high tolerance for side stories I guess. There is only two(from the same author) that I felt started to get ridiculous with the amount of side characters that were being covered. No wait. Three. but in the later case it got back on track after not too long end ended well.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I don't know I like the time and care the author is taking to craft her story and I like how characters are actually discussing what they are going through.

joined Apr 23, 2015

I recommend reading Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu, a looooooot better, similar theme but slice of life, not yuri or het yet (maybe never) and the husband died.

You had me at the "husband died" brb reading that now

That's f**ked up

joined Feb 18, 2018

I don’t mind the “slow,” but to me this story isn’t actually “burning” with very much heat.

It’s more like when a plastic bag falls onto an electric stove right after the teakettle comes off—a lot of smelly smoke and then a nasty mess to clean up.

Maybe it's because I read it all at once, but I find the story is packed with stuff going on. It's just not packed with dramatic "omfg what is going on here" moments, mostly because all the characters are clearly repressing their emotions at this point. If we are going to have any resolution, it will likely be as some massive storm, since they've been hiding stuff from each other all this time.

I am of the opinion Shitrus has contaminated all of us with Wacky Drama Addiction.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Maybe it's because I read it all at once, but I find the story is packed with stuff going on.

I'm sure that's it, because reading it month-by-month from the beginning, it's mostly been a drip-drip-drip, two-steps-forward-one-step-back, tiptoe-up-to-a-revelation/confrontation/turning point-then-back-off-before-it-actually-happens experience.

The mom showing up was like an atomic bomb of new and crucial information, most of which there had been no real reason to withhold from us for nearly as long as it was.

It's not a desire for drama or constant action or excitement (for me, anyway), it's the desire for a story that seems to have an actual sense of what the hell it's trying to do and where it's going.

last edited at Sep 27, 2018 10:24AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

My main issue with this story, isn't that it has heavy drama. It's that it has too much drama. There was very simple, yet strong premise to explore. Teenager falls in love with her sister-in-law she is living with. Yet, it seems like author thought it won't be good enough. Just that won't be interesting. So they kept adding in more stuff. There is some traumatic sad past. Brother might married wife out of obligation. He might be cheating on her. There is some issue with their father. Their mother is a bitch. Also there is some pointless side-maybe-couple. The unrequited love, freaking title of the series, got totally lost in it. Maybe it is my fault for reading it for that and not expecting all that other drama, but well, description of the manga was only about Uta dealing with her feelings for Kaoru and that is what I expected to get. It's ironic that unrequited love part of the story is the one handled the worse.

And manga did start strong and I liked those first chapters, because they were focused. Once the whole cheating thing came up, series started to slowly lose focus and my interest along with it. Entire cheating plot was completely unnecessary in my opinion. And while it technically was adding depth to the brother and story, at the same time it ruined one of the strongest aspect of Uta's situation, which would make it a much more heartbreaking story. They don't love each other. Brother actually cheats on his wife. Sure, Kaoru still doesn't have to love Uta back, but it creates a huge opportunity for her to change mind and for whole marriage to fall apart, once cheating is confirmed. Unlike if they both were actually truly in love with each other. But what really took the cake for me was when freaking confession scene was skipped and we had to wait for next volume speculating whatever it happened or not and then it got confirmed off-hand in narration. Then, I gave up on it completely. That was the biggest slap in the face for anyone who actually read it for Uta's unrequited love. Honestly the title is very misleading. Either it should be called " Our Unrequited Loves" or something else completely.

last edited at Sep 27, 2018 4:42PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.