Forum › Posts by Sment32

Sment32
joined Nov 27, 2015

Honestly excited about Kaoru x Bou-chan's storyline. Obviously Bou-chan will use Kaoru for her yaoi manga inspiration and Kaoru will continue to be humbled by Bou-chan's coldness. I'm just really curious of how they'll probably end up together so can't wait for more of that development. Also so happy for Kanae, she's so close to getting a gf just like she deserves!

Sment32
joined Nov 27, 2015

This series is really interesting despite its problems. The main draw for me are the characters (the main ones anyway, cat girl and her girlfriend are kinda eh). I think this story does a "the human heart in conflict with itself" pretty well. Uta desperately wants to move on from Kaoru but is stuck because she can't get rid of her own hopeless feelings of love. Kaoru wants to be an adult and have her efforts appreciated by the man she loves yet when the situation calls on her to become a responsible adult and face her problems, she actively blinds herself so that she won't have to deal with it. This constrasts nicely with Uta who is the younger of the two but is more mature. Uta suffers because she understands, Kaoru suffers because she doesn't. The brother (I can't remember his name right now for the life of me) is breath of fresh air for the male element in a het-yuri love triangle. He's a scumbag for cheating ( though I can't remember the story stating explicitly that he did, but it's at least heavily implied), but we can see that he is suffering befause of it meaning there's a lot more to him than that and he is trying, at least. That being said, I agree with many of the criticism many people have already stated regarding the meandering plot, side stories, and pacing of this series. I have a feeling the fact the we read chapter by chapter each month or so has quite an impact on the pacing. I enjoyed it a lot more when I was bingereading several chapters at once (this goes for a lot of manga actually).

Well said! The character dynamics are interesting when put into the perspective of the conflict of how people deal with their emotions, especially the contrast between Uta and Kaoru. Call me hopeless but I think there's a way for there to be a happy ending once they all somehow "mature" from the things that hold them back. Seeing Kaoru at least attempt to confront Uta about her feelings is a huge step for her seeing as she's incapable of doing so for anything else. I think it goes to show how important Uta is to her even if she's unaware of how her actions can actually hurt the person she cares about. I also agree with what you said about the pacing because the gap always feels so long but even just rereading it in one go every once in a while actually makes it feel more complete(?) and not so drawn out. The slow pacing is understandable and really shouldn't be something new for people who read manga.

Sment32
joined Nov 27, 2015

It’s subjective for sure but since I’ve always loved the art for this I didn’t think anyone would hate it

Yeah I've also always loved this authors art and stories (one of the few looking out for us UmiEli enthusiasts). I'd consider them one of the better artists we have working on yuri manga and for that, I'm surprised people are hating it so much.

Sment32
joined Nov 27, 2015

That bold confession !! Ugh Uta bout to finish this!! Her and Kaoru are endgame girl I just KNOW it

Sment32
joined Nov 27, 2015

Konatsu's story (minus the teacher x student part) was actually quite relatable and compelling. This has to be one of my favorite chapters and although sad, felt like a break from the angsty drama. Still would like to see something uplifting happen to uta whether it is having her love returned or at least making peace with it so she can move on without regrets.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 5:49AM