Forum › Liberty discussion

joined Feb 24, 2019

Ok, so I have no intentions of going back and rereading previous chapters, but senpai was being a total bitch before, right? Like, I'm not just misremembering am I? And now she totally wants to get back together with Liz? Is this more screwing with her or has her character changed drastically as a result of their hookup? I stopped caring for this series after it stopped being about Maki and Liz getting together, but it would still be nice to understand what these characters are actually thinking.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

y i k e s , what is with the hostility towards momono. damn

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

kilometres posted:

Not towards Momono, towards the story. And she doesn't write it anyway, she only does art.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ok, so I have no intentions of going back and rereading previous chapters, but senpai was being a total bitch before, right? Like, I'm not just misremembering am I? And now she totally wants to get back together with Liz? Is this more screwing with her or has her character changed drastically as a result of their hookup? I stopped caring for this series after it stopped being about Maki and Liz getting together, but it would still be nice to understand what these characters are actually thinking.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch10#12

kilometres posted:

Not towards Momono, towards the story. And she doesn't write it anyway, she only does art

Daily remember that the author is also Tomoko Kuroki's VA and it's her first work.

last edited at May 24, 2020 12:19PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I know it's her first work, because people already mentioned that and explained that's most likely reason, she seems to not know what she's doing.

EDIT/ I'm sorry. It's a perfectly good and well written realistic portray of lesbians and their relationships. We should want more works like that to be created, because that's exactly the kind of representation we're sorely lacking in current media.

last edited at May 24, 2020 12:34PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Well, that´s the pinnacle of cheap drama...

last edited at May 24, 2020 5:14PM

SibyllaAurea
joined Apr 2, 2020

Time to drop this it seems .....
God I hate the way this went

joined May 24, 2020

I know it's her first work, because people already mentioned that and explained that's most likely reason, she seems to not know what she's doing.

EDIT/ I'm sorry. It's a perfectly good and well written realistic portray of lesbians and their relationships. We should want more works like that to be created, because that's exactly the kind of representation we're sorely lacking in current media.

you can hate something without being a sarcastic nut about it

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

axolawltl posted:

Thanks! I worked really hard on it! I'm glad you liked it ;3 You even made account just to tell me that!

Off-model%20ishibashi-san
joined Aug 20, 2018

Waste of a perfectly good wine glass.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

One Giniro no Genders, one Liberty on the same day?
Yay, new chapters of all the series I like! So lucky, hehehe.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Where’s the fun in that? It’s always a pleasure to watch an expert practice their craft.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch10#12

kilometres posted:

Not towards Momono, towards the story. And she doesn't write it anyway, she only does art

Daily remember that the author is also Tomoko Kuroki's VA and it's her first work.

ahhhh my bad, but still yeh, it's her first work, not as bad as poeple think

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

ahhhh my bad, but still yeh, it's her first work, not as bad as people think

And what is the evidence for that assertion?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Ok, so I have no intentions of going back and rereading previous chapters, but senpai was being a total bitch before, right? Like, I'm not just misremembering am I? And now she totally wants to get back together with Liz? Is this more screwing with her or has her character changed drastically as a result of their hookup?

The simplest explanation is usually the best. Imho, sempai is an example of that super classic, super typical trope: the lesbian who decided to turn straight after graduating from high school (because she didn't know better, and thought it was the "adult" thing to do) and only realized she was making a huge mistake many years later. We've seen in a flashback that sempai dumped Liz after telling her they both should find boyfriends in college, and then moved out of Japan (to America or something). The way I see it, she must have discovered in the West that there's nothing wrong with being a gay woman and having a female lover... and this led her to realize that she still wants Liz.

But, really, she's being a bit heavy-handed about it. She should start by offering explanations and apologies, instead of acting as if she had never done anything wrong.

(Btw, the reason this trope is so common is that it's a gigantic case of truth in fiction, y'know.)

Tsunderes, tsunderes everywhere. (´∀`) They love this stuff, they lap it up, they don't miss one chapter, then they come here and talk about how they hate it so much. Jeanne was right about how the ol' closet is getting really overcrowded these days... ¯⧹_(ツ)_⧸¯

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Tsunderes, tsunderes everywhere. (´∀`) They love this stuff, they lap it up, they don't miss one chapter, then they come here and talk about how they hate it so much. Jeanne was right about how the ol' closet is getting really overcrowded these days... ¯⧹_(ツ)_⧸¯

Fun isn't it?

joined Feb 23, 2016

Wtf :D

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Fun isn't it?

How you could know you hate something if you didn't read it entierly ? Maybe it's bad now but it get better after or the opposite it'sgood at first but it progressivly get worst.

last edited at May 24, 2020 6:08PM

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

i see nothing wrong with the story, if the author wants to write about netorare or cheating, go for it.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Alright so what i'm getting here so far is blond bitch made Liz fall in love with her, bought her nice gifts, took her out on dates, had her completely on cloud 9, just to ditch her in the worst possible way absolutely crushing her feelings, ruining her reputation, and mentally fucking her over for years to come? and despite knowing all that decided to ask for a second chance and treat her feelings of "being afraid to fall in love" like a silly petty game? and then there's poor MC that has to deal with Liz aggressively dumping everything onto her, has this really been going on for 3 years now? I hope to god Liz doesn't choose blond bitch over Maki plz

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

Maki's getting more and more pitiable as every chapter goes by. Going to need to read a bunch of fluffy crap just to purge the thought of the continuous drama that I know is coming.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Maki's getting more and more pitiable as every chapter goes by.

You think so? I mean, sure, Liz exploits Maki, but that seems to be just a part of their slave play. BDSM undertones are all over this story. And it's consensual as far as we can tell.

Putting that aside, Liz often behaves like a spoiled child, but Maki is basically the supportive girlfriend all along. And relationships are about trust, after all. In my personal opinion, Maki isn't pitiable for trusting Liz, it's Liz who fucked up.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

it's Liz who fucked up.

Which is something we know since the "slave" contract she put up.

last edited at May 24, 2020 7:46PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

it's Liz who fucked up.

Which is something we know since the "slave" contract she put up.

I know couples who enjoy that dynamic.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

oh wow okay gay
see you in 2021 for the next chapter, probably

To reply you must either login or sign up.