last edited at Mar 9, 2020 10:08AM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

what a way to ruin a perfectly good series

last edited at Mar 21, 2020 8:58PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

On a lighter note, I only today realized this manga is written by Kuroki Tomoko.

1107caa0-b001-4ad0-a6c1-002016683af0
joined Jul 15, 2019

Looking through this whole comments section and rereading the story so far, I can gather that, for the moment, Liz’s actions are her own, but to a certain extent are directed by Sumire. Sumire knows her, her weaknesses, her vulnerability, and is willing to exploit it to get what she wants, whether there is real love behind it or not. And if it’s still to prove a point, she understands that if Liz said no to her advances, her point that relationships between girls won’t work is wrong. But at that point, when the choice is presented to her, it’s years of sadness and pain building up to one choice, and even people who have a strong sense of morality and rational decision making would have a hard time under the pressure, from Liz’s fans, Sumire, and society. It’s obvious Liz has a hard time moving on from the past, with even small physical memories like her ear and something as simple as a pair of earrings throwing her emotions into overdrive. With the different personalities she switches through in her career, it’s difficult to tell how much of how she acts is really her or what she’s made herself out to be. She’s had no real support to tell her what’s rational and irrational until now, and thus she takes this new relationship for granted. In the end, her cheating still ends up being wrong, but in this context, as long as she IS OPEN ABOUT EVERYTHING, she may be forgiven. For relationships to work, both people have to be willing to put in the effort, and if after this point she doesn’t realize that Maki deserves so much more than this fully, after seeing what a one sided relationship can do to someone firsthand being on the receiving end of a false love that cast her off as part of some experiment, then she doesn’t deserve redemption. I have a feeling based on her regret and sorrow on the last page she will try to do better, but I don’t know how long it will be before the truth comes out, especially because she still wasn’t being honest with Maki a chapter ago. Guilt either makes someone want to come clean, or, combined with the fear of losing everything they’ve worked for, makes someone want to lie and hope nothing ever comes of it. And there seems to be a lot of the latter going around.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

This Author is dead to me serious that's like dumping a truck full of diamonds into a lake filled with shit

last edited at May 8, 2020 7:43PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Preview of next chapter is up on Galette website :)

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

The pages are rambled.

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

Did the senpai really ask "Can we go back together ?" here ? YOU'RE THE REASON WHY YOU BREAK UP IN THE FIRST PLACE. How can you say "girls relation can last forever" and "we're just play around" and after some times,don't even excuses for that but still "can we hook up ?".What's wrong with her ? Liz delusional as it is, "it can't go wrong" yeah sure, may as well present them to each others. Someone should really strenght her will and learn to say No. Oh and there is Maki too in the chapter.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Sempai is playing with Liz or she is nuts.

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

fuk what blondie hoe
get awayyyy

joined Feb 24, 2019

Ok, so I have no intentions of going back and rereading previous chapters, but senpai was being a total bitch before, right? Like, I'm not just misremembering am I? And now she totally wants to get back together with Liz? Is this more screwing with her or has her character changed drastically as a result of their hookup? I stopped caring for this series after it stopped being about Maki and Liz getting together, but it would still be nice to understand what these characters are actually thinking.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

y i k e s , what is with the hostility towards momono. damn

Popcorn
joined Jun 5, 2015

kilometres posted:

Not towards Momono, towards the story. And she doesn't write it anyway, she only does art.

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ok, so I have no intentions of going back and rereading previous chapters, but senpai was being a total bitch before, right? Like, I'm not just misremembering am I? And now she totally wants to get back together with Liz? Is this more screwing with her or has her character changed drastically as a result of their hookup? I stopped caring for this series after it stopped being about Maki and Liz getting together, but it would still be nice to understand what these characters are actually thinking.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch10#12

kilometres posted:

Not towards Momono, towards the story. And she doesn't write it anyway, she only does art

Daily remember that the author is also Tomoko Kuroki's VA and it's her first work.

last edited at May 24, 2020 12:19PM

Popcorn
joined Jun 5, 2015

I know it's her first work, because people already mentioned that and explained that's most likely reason, she seems to not know what she's doing.

EDIT/ I'm sorry. It's a perfectly good and well written realistic portray of lesbians and their relationships. We should want more works like that to be created, because that's exactly the kind of representation we're sorely lacking in current media.

last edited at May 24, 2020 12:34PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Well, that´s the pinnacle of cheap drama...

last edited at May 24, 2020 5:14PM

SibyllaAurea
joined Apr 2, 2020

Time to drop this it seems .....
God I hate the way this went

joined May 24, 2020

I know it's her first work, because people already mentioned that and explained that's most likely reason, she seems to not know what she's doing.

EDIT/ I'm sorry. It's a perfectly good and well written realistic portray of lesbians and their relationships. We should want more works like that to be created, because that's exactly the kind of representation we're sorely lacking in current media.

you can hate something without being a sarcastic nut about it

Popcorn
joined Jun 5, 2015

axolawltl posted:

Thanks! I worked really hard on it! I'm glad you liked it ;3 You even made account just to tell me that!

Off-model%20ishibashi-san
joined Aug 20, 2018

Waste of a perfectly good wine glass.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

One Giniro no Genders, one Liberty on the same day?
Yay, new chapters of all the series I like! So lucky, hehehe.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Where’s the fun in that? It’s always a pleasure to watch an expert practice their craft.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch10#12

kilometres posted:

Not towards Momono, towards the story. And she doesn't write it anyway, she only does art

Daily remember that the author is also Tomoko Kuroki's VA and it's her first work.

ahhhh my bad, but still yeh, it's her first work, not as bad as poeple think

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

ahhhh my bad, but still yeh, it's her first work, not as bad as people think

And what is the evidence for that assertion?

To reply you must either login or sign up.