Forum › A Story About Buying a Classmate Once a Week ~ 5,000 Yen for an Excuse to Spend Time Together discussion

joined Aug 20, 2011

I already imagine their characters in this way https://youtu.be/HkU093vh0hEj since last year. I really like the LN.

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

I have yet to see any chemistry between these two, but I suppose I'll give it a couple more chapters to see if I want to continue reading or not.

Flirtatious foot-licking doesn't count as chemistry, huh?

When it’s “forced” it doesn’t

They briefly touched parts of their agreement in this first chapter but said agreement definitely covers more than just keeping what happens in the room a secret between them only.

I don't think this counts as a spoiler and I won't go into the details but just in case... the very basis of their agreement involves consent and trade-offs. The moment Sendai thinks that Miyagi's order(s) crosses a line for her, Sendai has the power to walk out of the room and end whatever relationship they have at the moment. It's something that gets touched upon a good few times in the WN too.

Ah, that's nice, consent is sexy.

I agree, consent is very sexy

Really hope it’s addressed here too. Idk how faithful adaptations usually are tho

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

From the title alone, it sounds like it’s gonna be extremely similar to “A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days” but I’m open to be proven wrong

The premises seem similar but the motivation and energy are very different.

If novel readers want to discuss it, I made a thread.

Ty! I’m interested to see the comparisons lol

IceCreamFortress
Utena%20smug
joined Sep 11, 2016

IT'S HERE

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Chapter 1 is a bit different from what I thought after reading the LN spoiler. I think it has to be more dramatic, much heavier than this. Maybe it's just chapter 1 so there isn't much to it yet. By the way, I also heard that Miyagi's face looks gentler than in the LN. I heard that in the LN, her face is always frowning, like when Sendai licked her feet.

joined May 9, 2017

By the way, I also heard that Miyagi's face looks gentler than in the LN. I heard that in the LN, her face is always frowning, like when Sendai licked her feet.

She is always frowning indeed, at least in front of Sendai. Sendai's face looks also too naive. That's why I'm not a fan of the manga style. Not than it's not nice, but it doesn't reflect their personalities properly. U35 got it right though. Their illustrations are on point.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Why is Miyagi kinda relatable? I give people money to do stupid shit too it's awesome. But I wouldn't use an eromanga, it'd be something with horribly difficult to pronounce words and lots of technobabble. I loooove giving away my family's money. Rich girl struggles

Edit: Also I like the art style, but I'm also partial to shoujo manga yuri, like from the Yuri Shimai era lol.

last edited at Jun 27, 2024 7:03PM

joined Jul 16, 2022

kind of smart for the magazine to use this expedited second chapter as an ad for the web reader while also pushing past the most expository portion of the story. the sooner we get back to the bitting the better.
its doing a good job at the pov switch tho, not only is sendai's facade totally removed for the reader, you also get the world, ie miyagi and her room, drawn through her minds lens

last edited at Jun 27, 2024 7:32PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I enjoyed chapter two, their interactions are fun so far, and I'm also liking the art for the manga.

I'm looking forward to more, thanks for the translation!

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Why is Miyagi kinda relatable? I give people money to do stupid shit too it's awesome.

I've seen Miyagi be called many things but this is the first time I've seen her called "relatable". Usually I see her called things like "pain in the ass" or "tsun-tsuntsuntsuntsuntsun-dere".

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Oh it's one of those rich people who no one loves, got it, hope it ends with rich girl still loveless.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Oh it's one of those rich people who no one loves, got it, hope it ends with rich girl still loveless.

OOF

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I'm a bit surprised that they're showing us how this all started this early. I can't tell if speeding things up is a good thing or not but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

Can’t wait for her to read it in a monotone voice….

I’m expecting her to refuse tho— either refuse or laugh from embarrassment

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Getting paid to read manga out loud sounds like a dream job!! I'd do the erotic ones too, what the heck. I'd probably do that for free.

joined Aug 11, 2022

I see some people have a dislike of outcast/rich girl for being from a rich family lol XD

I am going to assume outcast girl's parents are often away from home/somewhat neglectful??? As a reason for her standoffish isolated personality, just my assumption based on what we saw and analyze. Oh one side you come from a rich family, down side= higher chance of lesser family interaction/negative family relationships...Though that is true for normal or poor family too sadly...Ah the Gacha of life~

outcast girl wants to embarrass high social status girl huh? Sounds like fun lol~ Besides her parents are rich so she can probably hired her like at least 1-2 times per month.

So they met and started this whole deal about 7 months ago, assuming the first few months was just testing the waters, getting used to each other I say they probably hang out a total of maybe 12 to 15+ times already during those 7 months. So that like at least 60,000yen ($600+) spend/saved already reading erotic manga and helping outcast do homework/study.

I honestly thought this whole relationship happen only a month or two ago from ch.1 but ch.2 confirms it been much longer huh?

joined Dec 7, 2022

I know this is based off a web novel but I know nothing about what's to come.

Upon reading the last page, my reaction is "YAY!!!!!"

Atlantaicon
joined Jun 8, 2017

Oh shit, I devoured the (hand-translated) WN a few months back, glad to see it adapted. Also, is it just me, or does the last page of chapter 2 have strong reaction image potential?

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Do you guys know where i can read the novel?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

A Japanese salesperson glaring at a costumer? Least realistic thing I've seen this year in manga.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

I see some people have a dislike of outcast/rich girl for being from a rich family lol XD

Well. This is the internet. A petri dish for people who mix their personal hang-ups and/or political opinions to everything. Just learn to ignore them. Manga seems interesting, that's enough for me.

last edited at Jun 28, 2024 9:19AM

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/story-about-buying-my-classmate-once-a-week/

Read Amawashi group until chapter 61 which is their latest chapter. It's a solid human TL.
After that you have the option of jumping over to Story Seedling, but it's barely edited MTL.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Of course it would be that kind of a manga, that was obvious the moment she said to read it out loud. :D

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

A Japanese salesperson glaring at a costumer? Least realistic thing I've seen this year in manga.

Don't you see it? Short, light-ish hair kept in that particular type of ponytail, deadpan, works in a bookstore... This is clearly Yuu.

last edited at Jun 29, 2024 4:35AM

Jumbo-yotsuba-4810
joined Mar 31, 2023

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/story-about-buying-my-classmate-once-a-week/

Read Amawashi group until chapter 61 which is their latest chapter. It's a solid human TL.
After that you have the option of jumping over to Story Seedling, but it's barely edited MTL.

Much appreciated!

To reply you must either login or sign up.