Forum › Relationship Change discussion

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Is page 9 a blank page due to an error or is the original like that?

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

scary!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Is page 9 a blank page due to an error or is the original like that?

It's like that in the original too. It's probably meant to signify a small timeskip.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yay for emotional blackmail?

joined Oct 22, 2021

if not for the last page, it would have seemed that she was a straight girl blackmailed into relationship, but i guess there are some feelings?

joined May 10, 2021

Fuck yes! Toxic and unhealthy relationship, my favourite!
Thanks for the translation!

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Teens gotta teens

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Welp, there’s a relationship that’s not going to last long.

if not for the last page, it would have seemed that she was a straight girl blackmailed into relationship, but i guess there are some feelings?

There’s probably some amount of affection there, since they’re longtime friends, but I’m not sure if it would be enough to classify as romantic love. Regardless, even if it did have a chance of developing into love, the circumstances surrounding the relationship would make that incredibly unlikely,

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

She definitely could've worded that better lol, it's valid for her to not want to associate with her anymore as friends after confessing but making it seem like an ultimatum made this bad for the both of them

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

At first with the choking I thought this was gonna be some weird black comedy, but then it just kept being played straight, so... yandere tag?

joined May 3, 2014

that is all? is this the whole story???

ok so i did reread the one shot, it just looks like the change was happening too fast for Fuu-chan! and that is all from the looks of it 0.0 it does seamn to be an thing were that day Fuu-chan didn’t wanna be alone with her new lover? like i said it looks like the relationship was moving way to fast

last edited at Jan 17, 2024 7:29AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

She definitely could've worded that better lol, it's valid for her to not want to associate with her anymore as friends after confessing but making it seem like an ultimatum made this bad for the both of them

Well, a confession between two best friends/childhood friends kind of inherently is an ultimatum—it’s trying to get what you want at the risk of losing what you have, which is why so many useless MCs agonize about it so much.

In this case, it’s a borderline-yandere character who makes that dilemma explicit. And I agree with ColdGoldLazarus—this (especially the choking part) read at first like it was going for black comedy but then didn’t commit to that bit, so it ends up feeling awkward and ambiguously sinister.

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

nice

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

awesome

joined Oct 25, 2010

It’s a great idea and I hope that more of their adventures will be posted one day! Hopefully, this will not be a one-shot !!

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Well, a confession between two best friends/childhood friends kind of inherently is an ultimatum—it’s trying to get what you want at the risk of losing what you have, which is why so many useless MCs agonize about it so much.

Agreed, to both. This is a similar scenario to another series right now. Perfectly reasonable to distance oneself from a crush like that--just need to do it right. It's the reality of the situation. Can't force someone to date you but you also shouldn't be forced to feel that pain constantly. It's unfortunate, but the friend made her choice to date her. We don't know enough about them to tell whether the friend has feelings or not. Also agree on the headlock thing but I feel that was meant as a joke between friends (though pg13 could suggest something else).

last edited at Jan 17, 2024 10:09AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Very unrewarding story. Her obvious reticence at the end was a pail of cold water.

joined Apr 16, 2022

An interesting exploration of the potential coercion implicit when a longtime friend confesses their romantic feelings. I appreciate the ambiguous ending -- it's up to the reader to decide if their relationship will inevitably fail or if the girl will catch feelings for real.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

classic teens being teens with their friendship/lovers ultimatum. honestly, not immune to it when I was young, but it obviously sucks and is a horrible thing to put on someone

this friendship is 100% gonna break

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I haven't read something as confusing as the first couple of pages in a while. The narration at the start makes it unclear whether the first page is a flashback. "If it is, is the confession between pages 2 and 3? If it isn't, is page 3 an unmarked flashback? Why does Fuu-chan shout she's going to kill Fuu-chan and then herself? What uncle?" And so on. Took me four or five reads to get it straight.

last edited at Jan 17, 2024 12:52PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that was something... Really not a happy story, at least not yet. Reluctantly agreeing to go out because you don't want to lose a friend. The little excited heartbeat at the very end of the last extra page does give some hope for the future, though, since she's clearly starting to fall now as well.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I haven't read something as confusing as the first couple of pages in a while. The narration at the start makes it unclear whether the first page is a flashback. "If it is, is the confession between pages 2 and 3? If it isn't, is page 3 an unmarked flashback? Why does Fuu-chan shout she's going to kill Fuu-chan and then herself? What uncle?" And so on. Took me four or five reads to get it straight.

The first page isn't a flashback- Haruka confessed to Fuu-chan, and after a day of Haruka avoiding Fuu-chan, Haruka came over to Fuu-chan's house.

"Uncle" is something people cry out when they want mercy.

It can be hard to tell where the arrows are going, but Haruka, the confessor, is the one who makes the murder/suicide threat.

I'm not sure whether the emotional blackmail was intended, since if a friend confesses their love and gets rejected, it's common for the friendship to never go back to normal(e.g. Sayaka and Touko). As such, while the relationship isn't exactly healthy, at least not at this point, I can sympathize with Haruka feeling on edge about the whole thing, since if she gets rejected, she'll likely lose Fuu-chan's friendship, not just the chance to go out with her.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Getting terrible vibes from this. Hopefully, if there's ever a part 2, I hope it at least becomes healthy or we see them going back to being friends and healing.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

Ultimatums are THE WORST way to start a relationship. Do not get involved with all-or-nothing people at that level, you will be happier for it.

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

I read that last part as "That decision really was a mistake... our relationship can't go on like this. But..." and then the last page with Fuu-chan looking at her (or her desire for her) is why she thinks it has to go on regardless. It certainly seems like there's a romantic implication in that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.