Forum › Posts by tam_fortress

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

I will stand with a bullhorn and shout that ep 12’s ending is a set-up for a second season until proven wrong.

A last minute change to set up a second season when they realized the show is doing great and they need to milk it.

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

I kinda already lost a lot of my hope for this show a some weeks ago. For a show about Lara & Mari, it sure was lacking in Lara & Mari. The Lara & Mari focused episodes were so sparse, more episodes were about Lara's own character development and the plot.

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

Did someone change the friggin ending at the last moment? For a season 2? The bit in the OP with the grasping hands, at the end young Lara's hand grabbed young Mari's hand. Sometime ago someone theorized Lara was gonna die but Lara and Mari would have their happy ending at the next life. And reincarnation is kind of a thing since there's Luca. I agreed with that theory. Also the bit where the mermaids are still racist, isn't that just intentionally keeping things open?

Anyway I liked how it went a bit horror this episode. Not just the fish blade but the scene with the sisters too. And how mermaid Lara was drawn to look more creature like than usual.

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

The setting caught my eye and the story kept me reading. Such a captivating story. I just kept reading and after that it was in my head for a couple of days. I don't even read 'Abuse' or things like that. Not that I dislike them, it's just not what I usually read.

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

It's so peak. Amazing doujin.

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

Looking for a oneshot (I think) about an otaku schoolgirl who accidentally starts dating a gyaru after putting a love letter in the wrong shoe locker. Things go well for about a year before the gyaru overhears that the love letter was an accident. But MC runs after her and affirms her love, resolving the story. Also, the boy that MC was originally going to give the letter to got stabbed after getting caught two(six)-timing 6 girls or something.

I wanna read that

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
Hrmfsj2aeaajhk3-orig

wow

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

So the other one is depressed too haha that's so good.

only leaving her bag and her shoes to demonstrate that she didn't jump off, she just disappeared... really good!!

Taking shoes off before jumping to death is a thing in Japanese media. Idk about in real life.

tam_fortress
Big breasts discussion 17 Aug 12:55
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

Big breasts discussion

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
Hpnp3a-xgaamcc4-orig

It's yuri. I saw into the future.

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
147787109_p0

love this song

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

How are y'all liking the anime? I'm having a hard time getting through even the first episode.

The vibe sure is different. The added action and violence and the showing of the war and enemies changes the vibes. Feels more like a violent fantasy action story rather than a melancholic and contemplative story. Sheena losing an arm and Mimi's mangled body aren't significant anymore when we've been shown something way more violent in the very beginning. I can't see the upcoming conflict of Sheena not wanting Mimi to get hurt to work when we are going to see so much fighting and violence.
The lots of changes and additions to the scenes and dialogues may be contributing too, but I don't want to criticize an anime for not following the manga 1:1. Props to the staff for the balls to add things. Anyway only 4 episodes are out, I'm still gonna continue watching and see how it goes.

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
147447002_p0

Lara and the prince was explicitly romantic and they almost kissed, if it's any less than that for the main couple then Kinema Citrus has no balls. No balls!! I've been looking forward to this one since the concept trailer, cause Kinema Citrus did Made in abyss and Gochiusa S2, which I think is the best looking season.

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
Hn12vgsa8aaxag_-orig

15 years old with 10 years boxing experience

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
Hn3gh5hxyaagzdb-orig

It's yuriI!! I'm not over analyzing character interactions here, the show has dropped some not subtle at all hints that the Little Mermaid's true love will be Mari. That and the prince is a minor character. Wow surprise yuri this season. A riot would be justified given what they have shown us in episodes 2 and 3.

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

Wow that series is a lot more ... unhealthy in its dynamic than I thought. I only read the first 2 chapters or so to get an idea of where it's going, and I thought it would just be a cutesy series with some angst here and there, but it seems that the core of the relationship is bound for angst and misunderstanding: someone desperate for love and someone who just seems so detached from other people. I guess the point is that they will both change in the course of the series, but man it seems like a slow burn.
Can anyone say what they love about this? (no intention of reading the LN)

I like it for what you have seen from the main characters. Don't we all have a bit (or a lot) of Adachi and Shimamura in ourselves haha. Despite it's characters and the themes it explores, this manga isn't too angsty. It's mostly chill and cute. Yeah the story development is slow.

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

I was looking forward to whatever spicy drama Tarumi was gonna bring to the story but this is just sad :,) . Especially sad since the reformed Shimamura is now a person who tries to cherish relationships. I went back to read chapter 28 where Tarumi draws Shimamura for the first time. This page is extra sad..

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
Tumblr_637ee4fb07c1d2d1adc2c44fcecded39_629b8bda_2048

This is Nemu and not Rakka right?

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
Hnio5m4bsaa1c8o-orig

I've learned to take off my yuri goggles and enjoy a show for what it is, rather than for what I expect it to be. I'm putting my money on yuri though haha

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
Hnio5m4bsaa1c8o-orig

I just saw the second episode and omg is it just me or are they hinting at the yuri route? I mean it's the big 2026, yuri is in rn. I hope I'm not being a yuri schizo. Not that it turning out to be not yuri will affect my judgement of the show or anything.

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
Gkhs0mvxeaa55qm-orig

^^ are you colorblind?

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
146885331_p0

Looking forward to this show. What if it actually ends up yuri? Haha that would be something.

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

Just finished SeaBed. It's awesome. Amazing.

Though it's definitely not for everyone. SeaBed is a veeery sloooow iyashikei. The whole story is consists of slice of life moments. I've lost count how many times it described the sky and the weather or how the sunlight passes through the window. Despite that, it requires you to pay close attention, because it leaves the mystery solving to you. It will drop subtle hints and then bigger hints but it won't explicitly tell you things.

The lengthy prologue did get me bored a few times. Maybe that's also because this is only the third visual novel I've read. But after taking a liking to the vn I sure did took my time enjoying it. Most say it's a 20 hour read but I spent 43 hahaha. Every time it mentioned the name of a flower or a plant or a bird I looked up a picture of it, cause what's the point of reading the word if I don't know what it looks like. I also just sat and listened to the music a handful of times. The VN uses some really nice royalty free music.

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
Ts

Banger song

tam_fortress
Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022
Ooooowmypenisssss

haha that file name