Forum › Alcohol and Ogre-girls discussion

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

That was 120% definitely a confession!

Don't be silly! It's not a real confession unless they turn towards the audience and say "We are now girlfriends." Their feelings are just S U B T E X T, and as we all know subtext is absolutely meaningless and reading between the lines is illegal!

Looks at avatar . . . um, I take it you're a Tara & Beverly fan?

I can't possibly imagine what it could be that made you think that. There's nothing unusual about my avatar, it's perfectly normal and totally unremarkable.

(I do enjoy the comic, but honestly I would have used this no matter what the source was. It just never stops being funny to me.)

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I'm cool with their new ex-enemy, tanuki mascot. But, it kind of feels like they should've gotten friendly with each other like a few chapters after their fight, not 9. He just shows up and is like "Yay! Cooking time! Uh-Oh! Hinata's got a cold! I should get her sister, Mikage, to help."

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

Did she get lovesick or something?

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I have no words for how much I LOVE the chemistry these two have. My god. Just. Kiss. Already.

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

I’m so here for this urban fantasy yuri slow burn to the point I’m almost delusional enough to start begging on my hands and knees for an anime

joined Sep 25, 2022

I’m so here for this urban fantasy yuri slow burn to the point I’m almost delusional enough to start begging on my hands and knees for an anime

YES why do none of the good manga have anime sobs

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Well, ballsacks sure are convenient, aren't they.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Naori is always ready and alert. I love pretty much every new character that this series introduces.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Izumi Curtis, is that you?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

neat lil konami code reference there

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

it is so charming how naori always standa up for her girlfriend

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 16, "seem to be problem" -> "seem to be a problem"

joined Mar 19, 2022

Hope Naori gets to punch the doctor by the end of this.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Everyone treats the ogres like evil creatures - even the ogres themselves - but we've been shown nothing but normal humanity from them: some are good, some are bad, some are just following what they've been told, some are rebellious or just confused. It's so sad every time they're treated as sub-human when they're just like humans.

joined Sep 10, 2022

So we had Naori protecting Hinata last chapter--now, Hinata protects (or wishes to protect) Naori. Hinata refuses to be one-upped when it comes to caring for her SO! Also more Naori drinks to save the day!

Mikage needs all the help she can get. She's not learned to think for herself yet. Unfortunate. Luckily, Naori is such a friendly and attentive person that she seems able to inspire and befriend ogre and human alike.

It really is Naori and Hinata vs an entirely archaic and regimented way of thinking and behaving. Pretty much everyone they meet, human or orge, is suffering to maintain a status quo that was settled so long ago. It really is a battle against traditionalist thinking, and they're the two nails sticking out, while everyone tries to hammer them back down.

last edited at Dec 21, 2023 7:31AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Please (never) do that ballsack gag again...

Everyone treats the ogres like evil creatures - even the ogres themselves - but we've been shown nothing but normal humanity from them: some are good, some are bad, some are just following what they've been told, some are rebellious or just confused. It's so sad every time they're treated as sub-human when they're just like humans.

That's particularly striking considering that legends about the oni are often just retellings of stories about the ancient Japanese fighting the Emishi.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Please (never) do that ballsack gag again... // whats the point of tanukis otherwise

also for an asshole, that oppression line from the doctor went hard

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

If you wish to learn more about the power of Tanuki ballsacks, I suggest the 1994 Studio Ghibli film Pom Poko. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pom_Poko It's got all the Tanuki balls you could ever wish for. (and stunning animation.)

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

If you wish to learn more about the power of Tanuki ballsacks, I suggest the 1994 Studio Ghibli film Pom Poko. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pom_Poko It's got all the Tanuki balls you could ever wish for. (and stunning animation.)

I can't imagine why Disney didn't localize this one. Truly a mystery for the ages.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I can't imagine why Disney didn't localize this one. Truly a mystery for the ages.

They did, actually. In the English dub, they call 'em "raccoon pouches".

Tumblr_6092d594b3a92296a4d35bac1b1a474c_c2d1131f_400
joined Apr 4, 2022

supereffective

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Yeah for the effect it has, the cocktail is aptly named. Hinata better look out though because her bartender is getting to Mikage's heart by going through the stomach first.

joined Jul 6, 2020

I wouldn't have minded if they kissed.

joined Sep 10, 2022

She's gonna have a rough time walking that off, for sure but good self control. Can't touch Hinata's lady, even while drunk and under an aphrodisiac. They've all sort of packaged Hinata and Naori together as couple already and Mikage referred to that a bunch here.

Loved her protecting Naori for Hinata's sake and it was nice hearing her refer to and thank Hinata throughout the adventure. Hopefully Mikage will continue to be an ally. Sometimes her plans and allegiance have seemed iffy.

last edited at Dec 25, 2023 9:01AM

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Never would have expected them to defeat the monster by giving it an Orgasm, but this series continues to surprise me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.