Forum › Alcohol and Ogre-girls discussion

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I really was enjoying the hell out of this until the last couple chapters. I have no idea what the hell is going on. Maybe the mangaka just suddenly developed an obsession with idols or something?

Not sure why so many do this whole "time to add more characters" thing around this point, it goes well so seldom.

What do you even mean by "at this point"??? We're not on resolution after a climax. It 100% makes sense to introduce characters right now.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I hope Aju sticks around. We get to see how other Oni deal with the curse. And how Naori's surrounded by cute (thirsty) Oni girls.

Naori: MAKE MY HAREM GROOOOOWW!!!!

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Wow! What a great chapter. I like Aju.

Poor flower shop tho. There did their delivery girl disappear to?!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Kind of a shame they didn't pass any alcohol to the manager, like she'd need it too and it would have been a nice gesture.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Another great chapter. Aju is indeed just family having some fun and instantly recognizes the relationship between our main two is its own impenetrable thing (no harems here). It seems she's a bit envious of such a close bond, but who wouldn't be. She also whispered something to Hinata, which signals more focus on the oni world and it's makeup--that's all good stuff. Then, we got Hinata thinking about the concert and how Aju's thoughts about being an oni are so different from her own. Very interesting dynamics to develop further.

last edited at Oct 18, 2023 8:23AM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Y'all were worried bout a harem (which I personally don't mind) but obviously Aju is Hinata and Naori's rebellious emo/punk daughter who's paving her own path to fight society because she's not satisfied with the ways of the previous generation.

last edited at Oct 18, 2023 9:17AM

joined Dec 17, 2021

I'd hope against hope that my poly ending comes true, or that at the very least Naori keeps working for Aju.

joined Feb 22, 2018

The cocktail Naori makes in this chapter ("Caribbean Creole") is actually called a Bee's Kiss here in the USA (place of origin). This is a beverage of rum, cream, and honey simple syrup shaken together. This shouldn't be confused with the actual Creole cocktail, which is a stirred drink of whisky, sweet vermouth, and amer picon.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I'm not gonna jump (just yet) on the poly ship, but I sure hope Aju becomes a regular.

joined May 29, 2021

Poor Tamaki didn't get a drink.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

All I can think after this chapter is how many people in the comments equated making drinks to something sexual between Hinata and Naori, lol.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Typical big brother behavior: always starting shit and being a pest. Time to meet the family, woo them with your drinks, then get their blessing for the marriage. Also time to fight for and be defended by, your girl.

As was shown in these previous chapters, we're going fully into the world of oni and that's awesome but it looks like Naori and Hinata will have to stand strong together for their love. At least they have two other members of the family who know of their relationship and should be in their corner.

last edited at Nov 2, 2023 7:42PM

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

Oh no he is hot

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Soo... Are they in danger or something? Or is Hinata just worried that Naori will be surrounded by hot babes and guys? Is it the usual "Family introduction" that's supposed to make her act that way? The ending to that (21) chapter felt very tense but I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Soo... Are they in danger or something? Or is Hinata just worried that Naori will be surrounded by hot babes and guys? Is it the usual "Family introduction" that's supposed to make her act that way? The ending to that (21) chapter felt very tense but I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

I'm guessing relations between humans and ogres don't turn out well at all. Maybe the family is making a special acception, since Naori is Hinata's bartender. Then again, some may not be so reserved and try to eat her anyway.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'm guessing relations between humans and ogres don't turn out well at all. Maybe the family is making a special acception, since Naori is Hinata's bartender. Then again, some may not be so reserved and try to eat her anyway.

I suspect the idea here is that big bro wants Naori to work for the family and Hinata doesn't want to share her girlfriend bartender with other people.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Yeah this is big bro stepping in and being like 'its good to share' and hinata having to make a stand

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Who supplied the family with high quality wine though? And I thought Hinata's family lived in the sticks, not in a skyscraper

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I'm getting the vibe that the brother wants to turn Naori into their live-in bartender-slave, and keep her trapped in there to keep making them drinks. That's what the wine lady seemed to be -- she did not look very happy to be there.

But that'd be a rather dark turn for a manga that has been pretty light and fluffy so far. Except for the tanuki/demon fight chapters; that got pretty real pretty fast...

Actually, is it just me who's surprised by how it seems like everything just went back to normal after their near-death experience with the demon? It felt palpably dangerous and was super exciting! And it seemed like both the main characters underwent genuine character growth, and that their bond was made so much stronger by this shared experience...

last edited at Nov 4, 2023 5:13PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Actually, is it just me who's surprised by how it seems like everything just went back to normal after their near-death experience with the demon? It felt palpably dangerous and was super exciting! And it seemed like both the main characters underwent genuine character growth, and that their bond was made so much stronger by this shared experience...

I think their bond has been made stronger. Does it seem weaker? There's been nothing to test it until now.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I think their bond has been made stronger. Does it seem weaker? There's been nothing to test it until now.

Well, I didn't communicate it very well, but it felt like the story just did an abrupt turn after ch15 into something completely different, and it felt jarring.

But after going back to re-read it, the end of ch.15 actually sets up the brother and "wine lady" as I called her above. So we're probably about to see all these plot threads get connected.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

So like I kind of always expected a reveal like this, of course she's next in line for leadership. This ridiculous family acting out the idea of still being in their peak, of course becoming human and leaving it all behind is attractive to her.

Like what could possibly sound nice to Hinata to be the next leader of a family acting like they're still on top of the world as they're constrained and caged by humanity. Naori better act out the role of Yorimitsu for her.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

It was a pretty intense and neat scene. The revelation isn't anything big but at least it was entertaining to go through.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Love the way Naori fixated on Hinata's well-being, even over her own. The series really avoids cheap stuff (no rivals or anything like that, no matter how much people worried about her sister). Always maintains focus on its main couple's relationship and presents an every growing, really interesting world around them to push the story and them forward. A lot of confidence in their own worldbuilding and writing. I really enjoy it and only feel stronger about it as chapters come and go.

last edited at Nov 12, 2023 6:47PM

Darknight_Sinada
Profile%20picture
joined Jul 13, 2021

I cant tell if there dating or just good friends...

I can tell there getting closer and closer but have they past the fresh hold?

the line gets blurrier and blurrier.

To reply you must either login or sign up.