Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

C9081e6cac1e7e244a253aa99fa38117
joined Sep 8, 2021

Nah this latest chapter is making me really nervous

joined May 9, 2017

Interesting, I didn't understand the same from the last sentence in Japanese "あやちゃんなら、待てる?"
For me, Kanna is saying: "Aya-chan, can you wait?" (referencing Mitsuki, obviously).

It can be interpreted both way, but I'm leaning towards my interpretation, just because this is how I felt when I read it. Though, nothing indicates it would be the correct one. I guess we'll know next time (or not!).

last edited at Dec 4, 2023 6:32AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Interesting, I didn't understand the same from the last sentence in Japanese "あやちゃんなら、待てる?"
For me, Kanna is saying: "Aya-chan, can you wait?" (referencing Mitsuki, obviously).

It can be interpreted both way, but I'm leaning towards my interpretation, just because this is how I felt when I read it. Though, nothing indicates it would be the correct one. I guess we'll know next time (or not!).

Both interpretations are valid.

Without the brackets, I would have chosen something like "And you Aya-chan, will you wait?" or something similar.

But the brackets indicate something like a quotation, so I erred to the side of thinking Kanna was asking Aya to put herself in her shoes.

The end result is the same in any case: it's asking Aya-chan if she's able to wait for Mitsuki.

last edited at Dec 4, 2023 1:31PM

joined May 9, 2017

Both interpretations are valid.

Without the brackets, I would have chosen something like "And you Aya-chan, will you wait?" or something similar.

But the brackets indicate something like a quotation, so I erred to the side of thinking Kanna was asking Aya to put herself in her shoes.

The end result is the same in any case: it's asking Aya-chan if she's able to wait for Mitsuki.

Yes, indeed, in the end, it doesn't change much the overall meaning. Sometimes, authors actually use different furigana (instead of points) to clear the misunderstanding, but I think Sumiko sensei like to be ambiguous.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Wait, so now she's supposed to free Mitsuki from the clutches of music theory? Nooooooooo
Just learn drums or bass.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Fuck, that was sweeter than the candy.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Good thinking Aya - communication doesn't have to always be verbal & Koga now knows you are looking out for her.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lovely. ^_^

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

Awwww

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

The gyaru gang is so freaking upbeat and supportive, with someone they don't even know all that well to boot. Mitsuki is really lucky to have them :O

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

The Yuri Manga I Was Interested in Wasn't a Yuri Manga At All

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I think it's clearer now than it's been in a long while that Aya has feelings for Koga. Some series have a slower pace, that doesn't mean they're not yuri. Gosh.

Also: Chapter 69! Nice.

last edited at Dec 10, 2023 1:07PM

joined Aug 19, 2022

What was on the piece of paper? I don't get it

joined Jan 14, 2020

I took it as a little origami good-luck charm.

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Gotta look out for your disaster-girlfriend when she's out of it.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

What was on the piece of paper? I don't get it

Going to guess it's a note from Aya saying something like "eat the sweets, get some sleep and take better care of yourself."

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

That is so wholesome.... sniff!

Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

I'm more confident in the yuri here now than I was ten or twenty chapters ago.

The Yuri Manga That Wasn't a Yuri Manga At All That I Was Interested in Was a Yuri Manga After All...

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'm more confident in the yuri here now than I was ten or twenty chapters ago.

The Yuri Manga That Wasn't a Yuri Manga At All That I Was Interested in Was a Yuri Manga After All...

The Yuri Manga That Wasn't a Yuri Manga At All That Was a Yuri Manga After All Wasn't a Yuri Manga At All

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

The Argument About Whether The Yuri Manga I Was Interested In Was a Yuri Manga Or Not Wasn't Getting Any Less Annoying At All

Slowness of the Burn aside I really like the progression of their relationship and how their feelings evolve over time. Despite how smitten Aya was with Mitsuki right at the beginning, you can really tell how much more she likes her now.
It's long gone beyond the superficial crush she had, there's some real commitment on her mind. And Mitsuki finally starts getting that into her head.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Aaaalllll right.
Here we go.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Time to serenade your girl some more.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

It's long gone beyond the superficial crush she had, there's some real commitment on her mind. And Mitsuki finally starts getting that into her head.

I guess it is somewhat funny that we went from a crush from shared interest to aiming for true commitment and just skipped the "getting together" part between the two. But it also shows that they both are looking into a possible relationship and how it writes into the other parts of their lives, making efforts to make things work from the get-go (with Joe and Kanna being examples of why figuring those things out matters).

joined Mar 23, 2022

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH YESSSSS DADDDY KOGAAA ABOUT TO ROCK HER WORLD.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Oh nooooo too cool
I can't take it
helppppppppp

To reply you must either login or sign up.