Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

__toshinou_kyouko_yuru_yuri_drawn_by_namori__943f8c23512b1acef28d53ce169c5909
joined Apr 24, 2020

gotta love it when the solution to everyone's problems is just: "be gay"

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

I just realized that the dude is the other cram school teacher

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That did not work out quite as she expected, but good job, scumbag! :D

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Let's be honest, no one here predicted that would be the solution hahahahaha

All's well that ends well :3

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

It's nice to see Makino using her scumbag powers for... Good?

joined May 9, 2017

I just realized that the dude is the other cram school teacher

Nice catch, I would have completely missed that detail. It would be fun to see them date in the future.

last edited at Nov 8, 2023 7:42AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

She can repay her debt to her sister by coming out first. Unless that actually would put more pressure, depends on the parents. Anyone notice that, in a way, the parents found the best male match possible? Puts up with her being a lesbian, scummy, materialistic, a user, etc. because she makes him laugh. Makes me wonder how well the parents really know Makino. Actually, if they're aware of how lesbian she is, that's rather depressing.

Also, after reading this and "My Younger Sempai" I can definitely say I love scummy girl redemption plots!

gotta love it when the solution to everyone's problems is just: "be gay"

last edited at Nov 2, 2023 11:57PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

She can repay her debt to her sister by coming out first. Unless that actually would put more pressure, depends on the parents. Anyone notice that, in a way, the parents found the best male match possible? Puts up with her being a lesbian, scummy, materialistic, a user, etc. because she makes him laugh. Makes me wonder how well the parents really know Makino. Actually, if they're aware of how lesbian she is, that's rather depressing.

Her sister came out first, that's why we're in this mess to begin with

joined Oct 9, 2011

So, what exactly was Makino's endgame here, Rina is just as gay she is, and seems she wont get her money cut off, so if the dude hadnt had a gay awakening, how else would she have gotten the dude to back off?

Unless the actual plan was to get Rina to scare him away.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So, what exactly was Makino's endgame here, Rina is just as gay she is, and seems she wont get her money cut off, so if the dude hadnt had a gay awakening, how else would she have gotten the dude to back off?

I mean, dude didn't care that Makino wasn't interested, surely it would have been enough to make him more interested in Rina than her. Which, of course, had no chance of actually working with Rina's attitude, and backfired even more spectacularly once he actually started hitting on her beloved. :D

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Honestly, he had no power over her. I think she did what she wanted: pushed him out the door, flipped the middle finger and ran lol. She 'promised" only to introduce him to someone and she did that, then ditched. After that he'd be shit out of luck or she'd likely get more hilariously aggressive but not much he could do besides whine. He really wasn't much of a threat.

last edited at Nov 3, 2023 10:33AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This has always been a pretty silly series—extremely light-hearted about potentially serious behavior, which has led to a lot of hand-wringing and fine-grained parsing of morality in the comments. But Makino’s perverse sincerity about her feelings for Sensei give it a sort of grounded center, and (to me, anyway) the hand-wavy plot developments are ultimately rather charming.

And then the author’s notes completely seal the deal.

Tamo%20eat%20rice%2023
joined Oct 16, 2021

Lol, Makino and rich boy could beard for each other

joined Mar 27, 2021

I think we saw her endgame, such as it was--she really thought just introducing Rina and running off would work.

joined May 9, 2017

I think we saw her endgame, such as it was--she really thought just introducing Rina and running off would work.

Well, it did work out in the end :p that is what's funny about her. She always find the worse possible solution to her problems, and somehow, it's working out. I mean, the manga started with her calling a prostitute to forget about her problems, and it led her to better herself, and possibly getting her into college.

joined Jan 19, 2021

I nearly choked when Makino had him in her phone as "Dude with the Platinum Card" it's just so on brand for her. I love her complete casual disregard of every boy she encounters

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I nearly choked when Makino had him in her phone as "Dude with the Platinum Card" it's just so on brand for her. I love her complete casual disregard of every boy she encounters

Not only boys lol. She has a complete casual disregard of everyone except Satou/Maron xD

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Moral of the story: fully accepting each other for who they are, scumbag and "Marin" and all. Makino once again showing she doesn't care about Satou's work. And here comes the mom's shenanigans?

last edited at Nov 12, 2023 10:46PM

joined Apr 16, 2022

The "Makino somehow manages to win at life" chapter lol.

Feels like we're approaching the end of the manga once this final challenge of Makino's mother is overcome. It's bittersweet, I've quite enjoyed this dumb and silly manga, but I don't want it to last too long and overstay its welcome. I'll be following it to the end!

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

why was the way she lifted makino's shirt kinda lewd though <- dumbass

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Not an unexpected turn of events when you steal your employer's youngest daughter.
I don't really know how I want this to turn out. She needed that job, right? But getting into a fight with your boss isn't going to make for a pleasant working environment.
Can they fire her for this, though? I don't know about Japan's labour laws (real or fictional)

joined Nov 21, 2018

I think insubordination is a pretty common way to get fired in the US, so it's probably the same in Japan. Satou should probably have seen this coming already (and I wouldn't be surprised if we find out next chapter that she actually did).

joined Dec 28, 2016

Not an unexpected turn of events when you steal your employer's youngest daughter.
I don't really know how I want this to turn out. She needed that job, right? But getting into a fight with your boss isn't going to make for a pleasant working environment.
Can they fire her for this, though? I don't know about Japan's labour laws (real or fictional)

Pretty much only Europe that has laws about firing people (other than in really extreme/crazy circumstances). Japan can fire you for anything, just like most of the world.

last edited at Nov 13, 2023 3:19AM

joined May 9, 2017

Pretty much only Europe that has laws about firing people (other than in really extreme/crazy circumstances). Japan can fire you for anything, just like most of the world.

I don't know from where you are taking your information but this is wrong. Depending on your contract, it can be extremely difficult to fire you in Japan.

In the case of Satou, because she is part time, she is most likely a baito or just a contractor and therefore can be fired at any time, it is true. But a lot of employees, if not the majority in the country are under a seishain contract (undefined contact) and it's extremely difficult to fire someone under that contract. That's why there are a lot of companies that are bullying employees in order for them to quit (like sending them to other branches, far from their homes...).

last edited at Nov 13, 2023 4:41AM

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

I want to see Junichi shows up at the cram school looking for the man of his dream and somehow resolves all the problems including Scumbag and Satou. Just like a comic opera where all the characters show up at the end and the joker showed up last and resolved the comedy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.