Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

sikachu Uploader
Mimi-avatar
joined Aug 12, 2022

Ugh...

Well, as of the time when chapter 30 was released:

• The next chapter is schedule to come next month (Nov 17, 2023).
  • It doesn't have any indication on the "next issue" page that it'll be the last chapter.
  • Sensei also haven't said anything about it ending in the next issue or not.

I guess we'll see what's coming together...

terriblewomanyuri
Ehehe%20(1)
joined Aug 23, 2023

The moment I saw her not eating my heart dropped. I know well enough, especially with the painful reminder from Erio and the Electric Doll (great manga, go read what's out right now), that if someone decides to stop eating, that mean's they're dying soon. We all knew it was coming. I'm not sure Kaori is going to survive the operation, but even if she does, she'll probably only have a few weeks at most left to live anyways.
This manga is really good at illustrating what it's like to watch someone die in a hospital.

joined Mar 13, 2023

Everytime there's a new chapter I get nervous opening it, thinking maybe kaori's gonna die this chapter or maybe not. Got me messed up everytime.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

hhhhhhhhhhh ooohh no don't you dare do this to meeee

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Sigh my hope for them to have some time together as a real couple after the confession gets lower and lower after every chapter....I don't think she will die before reading the conclusion, but that might be one of the literal last things she does in her life. I just really hope sensei will write a satisfying conclusion in the end :(

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

As heartbreaking as it would be, it would almost feel more in line with the feeling of the story if Kaori never gets the chance to read the ending. There's a lot of themes of regret, and how often our relationships end without a satisfying resolution, and I feel like Shizuku not being able to show Kaori how "their story" ends would sort of tie that all up in a neat, heartbreaking bow

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

I'm sure a lot of you see this coming,

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Ugh...

• It doesn't have any indication on the "next issue" page that it'll be the last chapter.

If this means there are two more chapters rather than one, they'll either both be pretty short or this final volume will be longer than the others.

sikachu Uploader
Mimi-avatar
joined Aug 12, 2022

or this final volume will be longer than the others.

Yep, she already mentioned that volume 6 will be thicker than usual a while back.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ugh...

So long story short, we won't be getting any new info until at least my birthday, probably later. Got it

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Oh fuck...

joined Feb 24, 2023

Getting a new chapter just puts a lump in my throat because you just think “is this it?” And looks like next chapter might finally be the one, this isn’t FAIR

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Somehow I expected this to happen throughout the entire chapter and it still hit me like a rock when it did

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Code Red! Lethal overdose of the word "tomorrow"!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah the moment Shizuku started thinking about how she couldn't wait for tomorrow to come it was all over. The two of them might get one last moment together where Kaori gets to the end of the story but that's really going to be their last moment together isn't it.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I've read the manga over the last several days and enjoyed it.

Like others, I had a bad feeling when Kaori delayed responding to Shizuku's chapter.

Since there's been exactly five chapters per volume, I suspect that there will be at least one more volume, and the denouement will take at least a chapter or two.

One thing I'm a bit confused about with the new group of scanlators is the honorific usage, which seems a little inconsistent. For example, Ruri greets Shizuku with "Shizuku-chan" near the end of the chapter, but leaves off the "chan" in Chapter 27. Additionally, Shizuku seems to have dropped the "-san" from Ichihara's name despite having consistently used it until the new scanlators took over.

sikachu Uploader
Mimi-avatar
joined Aug 12, 2022

One thing I'm a bit confused about with the new group of scanlators is the honorific usage, which seems a little inconsistent. For example, Ruri greets Shizuku with "Shizuku-chan" near the end of the chapter, but leaves off the "chan" in Chapter 27. Additionally, Shizuku seems to have dropped the "-san" from Ichihara's name despite having consistently used it until the new scanlators took over.

Thank you for pointing it out. I'll pass this feedback to the translator. I think we just missed it when we QC.

For what it's worth, the only personnel change is me who does clean/redraw/typeset. The translation should stay pretty consistent, as it's the same translator who has been working from the start with 8888, until he spun off to form KLF and I joined the team.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Noooooo, god damn it I knew this would happen! She won't get to see the ending! Man the next chapter is gonna finally have that dreaded Tragedy tag, isn't it?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

yeah the moment Shizuku started thinking about how she couldn't wait for tomorrow to come it was all over. The two of them might get one last moment together where Kaori gets to the end of the story but that's really going to be their last moment together isn't it.

Yes, I think we've narrowed our narrative options to:

• Happy Ending: Kaori reads the final chapter, then she dies.

• Sad Ending: Kaori does not get to read the final chapter. She dies instead.

An option I do not foresee:

• Kaori's operation is a miraculous success; everyone lives happily every after.
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Yes, I think we've narrowed our narrative options to:

• Happy Ending: Kaori reads the final chapter, then she dies.

• Sad Ending: Kaori does not get to read the final chapter. She dies instead.

My money's on an intermediate option, where Kaori survives but is too weak to read, so Shizuku reads to her. She dies around midnight with all her friends and family at the hospital.

Edit: hold on, this is chapter 30. Does that mean we're getting a whole volume 7 now? Five more chapters would be nice.

last edited at Oct 30, 2023 1:36PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, of course it would go there... But on the other hand, she's not dead, she's just being operated on, and they would not be doing that if all hope was already lost.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Edit: hold on, this is chapter 30. Does that mean we're getting a whole volume 7 now? Five more chapters would be nice.

Based on what the author has said, it sounds like we have 2 more chapters, and that Volume 6 is just bigger than normal.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Based on what the author has said, it sounds like we have 2 more chapters, and that Volume 6 is just bigger than normal.

I see. Thanks.

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

I browse through comments before reading manga and saw what will eventually happen to this, plus the aaaangst tag. I held off from reading this for so long coz I know I will definitely cry. Then I did.. and here I am, with swollen eyes and a pile of tissue filled with tears and snot lol. I hope and pray they get the contentment they are hoping for for the ending T.T

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

I'm expecting the worst but I still dont want it to happen T^T

To reply you must either login or sign up.