Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

joined Jun 21, 2021

Honestly, this chapter did go a fair ways to making the Mizuku/nurse couple compelling to me, which I had not really thought was possible beforehand, so good job author lol.

Thats kinda funny because it does the opposite for me, now that I know the nurse met her back when she was still a middle schooler I think its even weirder that she would ever want to date her

joined Apr 16, 2022

Honestly, this chapter did go a fair ways to making the Mizuku/nurse couple compelling to me, which I had not really thought was possible beforehand, so good job author lol.

Thats kinda funny because it does the opposite for me, now that I know the nurse met her back when she was still a middle schooler I think its even weirder that she would ever want to date her

I don't really see a big difference there tbh. Either way she met her as a minor. But I also don't have a problem with age gaps in fiction generally, so...

joined Jul 19, 2021

I think the reason the age gap feels less...uncomfortable...than it usually does is the nurse never really exerts any of her authority. There's always the inherent power dynamic issues between an adult and a child, but at least in this case, it's not as important as if she were her actual teacher or boss.

It's still a little weird though. How old is the nurse, even?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I am not sure, has Hayakawa actually ever express any romantic interest in Mizuki at all? Memory is fuzzy, but wasn't she mostly like "Sure, sure, let's see how things shake out after you've graduated"?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I am not sure, has Hayakawa actually ever express any romantic interest in Mizuki at all? Memory is fuzzy, but wasn't she mostly like "Sure, sure, let's see how things shake out after you've graduated"?

She has pretty much, yeah. You can see her feelings on the matter in the Omakes of Vol.2 and 4, as well as ch.30. Might be more but those are the ones i remember/could find.

Vol. 2 Omake

Vol.4 Omake

Ch.30

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Yeah, she's shown at least a modicum of interest but from her admission, it's been recent that it might be something more than just as a student x teacher interest. And we don't really see anything to contradict that in this chapter.

last edited at Sep 24, 2023 12:14AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

"hurry up and graduate" could have been a "get out of my hair"... but not, given the blush and the stylized flowers...

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

She actually is quite mature.
I hadn't really thought it in the previous chapters, but knowing that telling a teacher you love them means that they need to cut off any kind of intimate relationship is very wise of her (even though falling for a teacher in the first place was unwise, lol).

C4u8pkcuoaauccv
joined Oct 31, 2018

It's weird, even with how painfully dragged out this "triangle" has felt, I do still hope that Riri doesn't immediately relapse into Uda's arms, because beyond just how unhealthy that would be, I'd also like to know more about Riri as a character beyond "loves Pres" first so I can, like, actually give a shit about these two as a potential couple.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Noooooo you CAN NOT leave me on a cliffhanger right there bro!

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I'm not a big fan of Riri, so I do hope it'll end up bittersweetly for Uda and she gets rejected, if only for her to avoid this and try to find someone better.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^^^ Yeah, personally, I'd leave a few chapters before Riri reciprocates Uda

That being said, this love polygon situation finally seems like it's close to resolving

last edited at Oct 26, 2023 3:06PM

joined May 10, 2021

Man I'm so glad this mess of a love square, quadrilateral whatever thing is soon to be solved!
And whilst I don't really ship Uda & Riri (I mean what's happening would probably not start an healthy relationship), I'm so stoked to see more of the age-gap couple!
Thanks for the update!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I think it's because they basically did not have a dynamic beyond student & nurse / forbidden love before that chapter. Like they actually held a conversation about something this time, instead of the usual pining and drama.

It does make the teacher come off as even more of a weirdo now. "I'd like for there to not be a wall between students and teachers." The irony of that speech is palpable... Still, I guess I prefer weird over boring.

last edited at Oct 26, 2023 5:28PM

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I'm definitely in the camp of hoping Uda and Riri don't immediately get together next chapter, though I do actually like both of them, especially Uda. I also think it's inevitable they wind up together: they're set up as opposites of each other in many ways, and as such, the laws of romance fiction dictate that they're destined to be together.

And hopefully after all this settles down, the next arc will see us finally learning the identity of that audience member that was highlighted back in chapter 24.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Not gonna lie, I laughed my ass off that the resolution basically went like: "just stop giving a shit" - "okay I guess I will", considering how dramatic this all started. Dunno what I expected exactly but it doesn't make it any less funny to me :P

Yumiko%20y%20sorami
joined May 1, 2018

I'm sure we need a tag for these types of triangles, but how calling it? Double Love Triangle? Love Square? Love Polygon?
But well, I think the chapters where the relationship of these 4 are showed, I'm pretty sure to add Drama to all of them, even Aaaaaangst

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Man, once the main couple got together, this manga turned into an Ouroboros of lovelessness and unrequited feelings.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This damn cliffhanger

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I'm sure we need a tag for these types of triangles, but how calling it? Double Love Triangle? Love Square? Love Polygon?

Love Calabi-Yau Manifold

joined Apr 1, 2013

bruh wasnt expecting her to just flat out do that at the end of the chapter LMFAO like so much pent up build up for that?? cmon now .. like i get Teacher x Student tags are a fetish and all but she still is a teacher theres morals/ethics here and a big age gap i bet when she graduates she would be 18 realistically speaking meanwhile that teacher looks mid twenties early 30's like cmon why break up with your senpai twice in a row.. ffs this is so frustrating to see lol

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

Man, once the main couple got together, this manga turned into an Ouroboros of lovelessness and unrequited feelings.

It's really hard not to draw comparisons to can't defy the lonely girl since both series have the MCs together before the end but at least that series side couple is an actual side couple and didn't essentially steal 1/3rd of the chapters from the MCs

It's hard to see where this manga is going or when it will end because we don't even really know what's going on with the MCs any more. Some times it feels like the author is trying to superimpose two different manga into one title, one that's turbo fluff and another that's extreme melodrama.

last edited at Oct 27, 2023 12:12PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That hurt, but it was necessary...

joined Dec 17, 2021

bruh wasnt expecting her to just flat out do that at the end of the chapter LMFAO like so much pent up build up for that?? cmon now .. like i get Teacher x Student tags are a fetish and all but she still is a teacher theres morals/ethics here and a big age gap i bet when she graduates she would be 18 realistically speaking meanwhile that teacher looks mid twenties early 30's like cmon why break up with your senpai twice in a row.. ffs this is so frustrating to see lol

She wasn't her senpai, and they didn't break up (they weren't dating in the first place). Also I think it was clear this is where things were going since Nanjou is not in love with Riri.

joined Feb 17, 2018

it's more like a line really. Uda->Riri->Nanjou->Hayakawa though I guess the latter two becoming a couple changes it

To reply you must either login or sign up.