Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I cant believe this place is more moderate in discussions about the various yuri elements in this manga than fucking mangadex.

I do like this place a bit more than mangadex when it comes to discussions, I dunno if it's just about that slightly oldschool forum feel, Mangadex comments feel to me more like just a comment section (even though technically there isn't really a distinction is it). I'll ignore the rest of your comment :P

I do wish we got more time with the main couple. They don't even appear in most of these chapters now.

I dunno, I feel like we had plenty appearances of Mashiro and Nagisa even after the deal was done, in fact chapter 38, so literally the previous one, was largely about them :P I feel like the author managed to strike a nice balance (maybe only sliiiightly dragging out things sometimes but I don't dislike it).

last edited at Mar 1, 2024 5:10PM

joined Aug 29, 2023

This chapter was the visual version of the Hana no Tou intro guitar kicking in. The end of an era and the start of a new one, coupled with one heck of a cute confession~

last edited at Mar 1, 2024 5:38PM

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I do wish we got more time with the main couple. They don't even appear in most of these chapters now.

I think the author is more interested in budding relationships than in couple life. Nagisa and Mashiro's romance arc has effectively ended in volume 3, and there has been little dramatic potential in them since (except maybe for Mashiro's health worsening dramatically, but I do not think the story will ever go that dark). Barring that, I think we will be treated with occasional bits of overwhelming cuteness from those two, but the series' main focus seems to be on "side" couples from now on.

It's definitely plausible, though I'm not fully convinced on this yet. Volumes 4 & 5 were still primarily focused on Nagisa and Mashiro, after all. I think the next few chapters are going to be telling on this front: with the love polygon now largely detangled, and Uda x Riri being the only yet-to-be couple remaining, the creator would need to start introducing new characters if they want to keep following budding relationships. And they have a perfect opportunity to do just that with the new school year, so it'll be interesting to see if that's the route they go. Maybe we'll finally learn something about the girl that was randomly highlighted during the cultural festival.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I cant believe this place is more moderate in discussions about the various yuri elements in this manga than fucking mangadex. No grooming accusations, no love-shaming Riri accusing her of being a easy woman, no general shallow understanding resembling ironic yuriweebs. What happened? Did you guys lose all the twitter retards to that place?

I'll save my righteous anger for a situation that was actually real and not fiction. This is also pretty tame as far as those types of things go in manga (I mean this isn't even illegal).

Yeah, I mean....Teachers shouldn't date their students. Teachers shouldn't even think about dating their students. If you can't control yourself and set those boundaries, you shouldn't be a teacher.

But students have crushes on teachers all the time, and it's a natural thing to entertain fantasies where that works out, so fiction is always going to involve relationships that wouldn't be okay in the real world. It's fine. The existence of a story is not promotion of a behavior, unless the story gets, like, really anvilicious about it.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I cant believe this place is more moderate in discussions about the various yuri elements in this manga than fucking mangadex. No grooming accusations, no love-shaming Riri accusing her of being a easy woman, no general shallow understanding resembling ironic yuriweebs. What happened? Did you guys lose all the twitter retards to that place?

That was a really stupid thing to say. Doesn't even matter whether or not you're broadly correct. How exactly did you anticipate this leading to positive conversation?

He is miserable and wants every one else to be miserable too. Sad really.

RileysticDani
Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

I love this manga but that nurse is a groomer and I hate when she's on a panel. Whatever, it doesn't take how much I enjoy the other things from this manga, specially the main couple, Nagisa's character and Uda.

last edited at Mar 1, 2024 6:46PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

The teacher didn't date her student. Teacher is holding out until student is not even remotely her student.

...also, isn't the 'teacher' just the school nurse? Hardly even a typical teacher.

I do like this place a bit more than mangadex when it comes to discussions, I dunno if it's just about that slightly oldschool forum feel, Mangadex comments feel to me more like just a comment section (even though technically there isn't really a distinction is it). I'll ignore the rest of your comment :P

This place has moderators who occasionally step in. Do mangadex comments have any moderation?

Noodlerama001
joined Feb 24, 2023

I love this manga but that nurse is a groomer and I hate when she's on a panel. Whatever, it doesn't take how much I enjoy the other things from this manga, specially the main couple, Nagisa's character and Uda.

At not point was grooming ever done she set very clear boundaries and was professional as one could be in a situation like this, granted she still accepted her feelings but at least she waited until she was a adult and graduated

RileysticDani
Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

At not point was grooming ever done she set very clear boundaries and was professional as one could be in a situation like this, granted she still accepted her feelings but at least she waited until she was a adult and graduated

Are you for real? Nurse knew a minor student since the beginning of high school and “waited” for her until she was an “adult". Please don't call that sht professionalism, the system education really failed you.

joined May 10, 2021

We're finally done with the drama, and got our age-gap ending.
Good, very good indeed.
And now that It's heartbreak lasted a good 20 minutes, the last ship can finally sail.
Thanks for the chapter!

joined Dec 17, 2021

I thought the "lots of kissing" tag applied to this chapter, so I got very disappointed there wasn't lots of it between prez and the nurse.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Let's be clear: No lies in April, okay?!!

joined Dec 28, 2016

Are you for real? Nurse knew a minor student since the beginning of high school and “waited” for her until she was an “adult". Please don't call that sht professionalism, the system education really failed you.

Waiting until someone is an adult is not grooming. Grooming is approaching and doing various activities that only an adult knows how to do well to increase the minor's attraction toward you. It's in the name. They're "grooming" them to be in love with them. The nurse explicitly tried to avoid doing that.

last edited at Mar 10, 2024 1:04AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Waiting until someone is an adult is not grooming. Grooming is approaching and doing various activities that only an adult knows how to do well to increase the minor's attraction toward you. It's in the name. They're "grooming" them to be in love with them. The nurse explicitly tried to avoid doing that.

Yeah, grooming involves intent, or at least some manner of negligence that involves leading the minor on. I can't remember their every interaction, so I can't recall if she ever let slip that she planned to cave after graduation. I know we knew it, but I don't recall if she ever let on to Mizuki that it was in the cards. The actual appropriate thing to do is to shut it down hard and write it off in your own mind, though, and she clearly never did that. So while I wouldn't call it "grooming", it was at least inappropriate.

But, again, a thing happening in a story does not mean that it is depicting that thing as a positive example for adults to follow, and "My hot teacher is actually into me" is a very reasonable sort of fantasy wish fulfillment for the teens this manga is actually written for.

Meow
joined Dec 9, 2023

Curious about the direction this manga will take going onwards
So far, our main couple got together pretty fast and are very cute and fluffy! Funnily enough, most of the drama revolves around other pairings.
Leads me to believe the next few chapters will focus on Uda and Riri.
Really don't know where this manga is headed otherwise, tbh, but hey sometimes the fun is in strapping in for the ride

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

So far, our main couple got together pretty fast and are very cute and fluffy! Funnily enough, most of the drama revolves around other pairings.
Really don't know where this manga is headed otherwise, tbh, but hey sometimes the fun is in strapping in for the ride

We got a couple options for possible plot points to come up.

UdaRiri getting together and how ex-Prez and Nurse's relationship will go from now on are the first to come to mind. It's been a while since Mashiro's health was brought up but it certainly would make sense to circle around to that at some point. Especially considering Nagisa made it her goal to study medicine in university for it.
Speaking off, now that they'll be second years, the usual "decisions for the future" stuff is also on the table, like where to go after High School, staying together, moving in with each other, etc. Lots to choose from.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Aww, look at the proud parents, so happy for their little girl growing up and confessing to her beloved. ^_^

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Cute little chapter to cap off their first year. Looks like the new couple from the Valentine's Day chapter might have gotten promoted to full supporting cast status? I'd be happy if so; I like them, and it'll be nice to have another established couple in the mix.

Also, this chapter is totally foreshadowing that Mashiro and Nagisa are going to be in different classes next year, aren't they? If so, I feel like Mashiro is not going to take it well. XD

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

cuuute

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Is this series going to change from Kirara to Comic Fuz? I saw a mention of Comic Fuz in chapter 40, page 2. And what is Comic Fuz? A web magazine that synthesizes many types of manga (I see on its website that there are quite a few series that are being published in other magazines like Slow Start, or have been completely transferred to its website like Yuru Camp), or does it also release traditional paper magazines?

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

I wonder if it is possible in Japan to ask the teachers to not assign your best friend to a different class. Maybe Mashiro can use a health excuse to make sure Nagisa is in the same class?

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Is this series going to change from Kirara to Comic Fuz? I saw a mention of Comic Fuz in chapter 40, page 2. And what is Comic Fuz? A web magazine that synthesizes many types of manga (I see on its website that there are quite a few series that are being published in other magazines like Slow Start, or have been completely transferred to its website like Yuru Camp), or does it also release traditional paper magazines?

I'm pretty sure Comic Fuz is just the publisher Houbunsha's online manga service. It's similar to how Shueisha has Mangaplus/Jump Plus: there's a good catalog of digital exclusives, which are only published on the site, but they also publish the series from their physical magazines there (which in the case of Houbunsha, would be the various Manga Time labels, including the Manga Time Kirara family of magazines).

I think the mention of Comic Fuz on the title pages is just the publisher advertising to try and drive traffic to the site; if I'm reading it right, it's just saying that new chapter parts update on the site every Saturday.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

I want some drama about the possibility that they will be in different classrooms. Something similar to that one chapter where Nagisa was sick and Mashiro couldn't see her because of it, some break like that so that they "explode" once reunited.

joined Aug 20, 2022

This new chapter was super cute, but then, suddenly... An underclassmen appears! I really want Nagisa to nip this confrontation in the bud and say "don't talk to my girlfriend that way"

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Oooooo an interloper! Okay, prediction time:

I'm guessinggggg, she's someone from the same middle school as Nagisa who admired her for being the serious model student and stuff. But now Nagisa looks all flashy, so the First year thinks it's Mashiro's bad influence leading Nagisa astray and tries to "pull her back to the right path". Or smth along those lines~

last edited at Apr 24, 2024 5:00AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.