Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Haha, when I started, I thought I had completely forgotten what happened last chapter because I didn't know who the new character was. Once I got up to the cafe, I realised the pages were out of order so I went back to the start at the end to read it with actual context.

joined Dec 22, 2021

Poor Watanabe, I guess Yoshioka's friends where too high energy for her.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

... Wait so they just dont tell us what happened between Watanabe and her ex????????????????????????????? For tired festival antics?????????????? :(

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Poor girl, struggling to call her cute even on her own, then the additional pressure of two gyaru, and to top it off, the expected encounter with Mika...

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... Wait so they just dont tell us what happened between Watanabe and her ex????????????????????????????? For tired festival antics?????????????? :(

though so as well, but really it's because pages are out of order :P that meeting is the end of the chapter, and pages following it are actually the start of it.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

CALLED IT

Esha%20icon
joined Mar 31, 2018

The chapter did that thing where the pages got sorted by leading digit instead of full number, so I had to reread it. Otherwise, quite fun. Curious to see how Yanai's changed since the backstory.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Poor Watanabe, I guess Yoshioka's friends where too high energy for her.

It's like that sometimes lol.

BlueStallion44
joined Aug 29, 2016

though so as well, but really it's because pages are out of order :P that meeting is the end of the chapter, and pages following it are actually the start of it.

Oigh yeah I thought something was off because I had no idea who Nanako and Maki was. But the former crush girl . . . This better make Watanabe confess!

joined May 3, 2014

can some one fix the pages for chapter 20? i’m on phone so if’s annyoing that i can’t see the nuame of the pages T^T

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Ooh yay it's back

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Akorin-av
joined Jun 14, 2021

ch20 page order is fixed it looks like.
Though it still seems like a rushed release cos of the occasional untranslated SFX and
wha
?? I guess just a slip from Windyfall, not some weird-ass grammar?

Also I'm getting flashbacks from that scene in YagaKimi when Sayaka meets her senpai again when she's in HS.
Please tell me Fuyu read that xD

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

oooo glad i saw this after apparently missing the page order error. Read it in order and ahhhh its so adorable ;-; It's kind of cute that Fuyu never actually called Ririka "cute" after all; hoping for in the future where she does :D And the ending omg, of course she's here. i genuinely don't know how that's going to turn out; almost hoping for a falling out, though I should be hoping for a kind separation lol. So excited for the next part whenever it comes!

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Oh, this can only go so well.

joined Dec 13, 2022

Ah. A comedy of yuri errors.

U2360996_160x120
joined Aug 24, 2021

She missed her shot and this couple was formed

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Woooo yeah baby! That's what I've been waitin' for, that's what its all about! Woooooooo

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yahoooooo

last edited at Sep 19, 2023 9:09PM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

RIP Mika.

last edited at Sep 19, 2023 9:21PM

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Finally, some good fucking food.

joined Jan 11, 2014

I keep wondering why it takes me forever to load the pages but then I realized these images are like, incredibly large

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The credits page makes me giggle a lot. She got yurified already, she lost.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Why do they use the word Yuri to describe romantic relationship between girls ? It's so confusing. Using a word which defined a genre of a manga to actually used it to describe a relationship is kinda infuriating, fetishizing, and why use this word when we already have the word gay and lesbian ? The sentences "They're yuri", "It's yuri", "She is yuri to X" are such a nonsense and mostly put aside the use of the word lesbian in yuri manga, come on lesbian it's not an insult, and lesbian relationships. For a genre which depict and show, mostly, romantic relationship between girls and women, it's a shame they don't use the actual words which describe what they are drawing. Or what, is it the same for yaoi ?

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

The sentences "They're yuri", "It's yuri", "She is yuri to X" are such a nonsense and mostly put aside the use of the word lesbian in yuri manga, come on lesbian it's not an insult, and lesbian relationships.

The problem shows up with how we can't know if Mika was making a statement at the time about the terms yuri (fiction) versus real (lesbian) sapphic romance, rather than a statement about yuri versus doubt that relationships between women can be romantic. Reading this chapter I realized that Yoshioka would have learned a lot about her sexuality through online sources outside of yuri fiction and otaku culture, so realistically her self-perception would gravitate more to the term lesbian and less to the marketable "yuri" through which Fuyu learned about her own sexuality.

If I'm understanding right, Mika was in love with Fuyu when Fuyu was working up to a confession, but Mika hadn't labelled her own feelings yet? So Mika's mistake was she rejected the idea of romance with other girls because she really did believe it only happened in stories, and took offense because a "yuri" fiction label or an assumption that romance is present would devalue what she considered a close friendship? Though Fuyu seemed pretty open about being a yuri fan she wasn't mentioning it directly when she was working up to confess, so I get the impression Mika hadn't come to terms with her own feelings at that point. Eventually Mika realized that Fuyu was distancing herself because of "the kicker", probably even that Fuyu interpreted it as rejecting her and not just demeaning her genre. If not while the two were growing apart in middle school, Mika respected her own feelings by the time she sent a text at the exact moment the mythic lovers supposedly meet on Tanabata earlier on. That's a bit tragic.

If Mika already knew her feelings were romantic (lesbian), and answered Fuyu while making assumptions about Fuyu's connection with yuri (imaginary), and still let the relationship crumble, the development is more of a forced misunderstanding.

To reply you must either login or sign up.