Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

That someone can read this story and think that Fuuko is some sort of hero is still a mystery for me. She is clearly mentally sick.

Yuni will without doubt cheat again. She did not even say that she was sorry, and she kissed Fuuko seconds before Nanase arrived. She really is the worst. Her only redeeming feature is that she clearly is mentally sick as well and therefore her actions is more due to her issues then any malicious intentions.

Nanase has no spine and is the architect of her own future misfortune.

I agree. It astonished me that Fuuko had so much supporters, because people think that Nanase is a horrible girlfriend (there is some truth to this). But they also forgot that the only reason why Fuuko knew things about them is because she is super obsessed with Yuni and stalked her. To the point where she shows up uninvited to places that she knew Yuni and Nanase would be, or in another case shows up to places that Yuni expected Nanase.

Additionally, she took advantage of Yuni's mental state and easily manipulated her into cheating. Now I'm not saying Yuni is innocent, cheating takes two people. And although Yuni was coerced (I say this because Fuuko basically bothered her everyday until she gave in), Yuni also eventually gave in to the desire of having a relationship where she gets attention (something she lacked and wanted with Nanase).

To me, Fuuko is not likable nor a hero (as you mentioned). She quite literally took advantage of a situation from a person she stalked and is obsessed with. Then throws a fit when she finds out that she was only a side-piece for attention and comfort (even though she tells Yuni all the time about how she's okay with being the number two girl. But I feel that's just a manipulation tactic to make Yuni feel more okay about cheating as long as Nanase is branded as "number 1 girl"). Fuuko is unlikable and creepy.

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 1:29PM

joined Jun 21, 2015

This is going to end in a murder suicide, isn't it?

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

That someone can read this story and think that Fuuko is some sort of hero is still a mystery for me. She is clearly mentally sick.

Yuni will without doubt cheat again. She did not even say that she was sorry, and she kissed Fuuko seconds before Nanase arrived. She really is the worst. Her only redeeming feature is that she clearly is mentally sick as well and therefore her actions is more due to her issues then any malicious intentions.

I agree. It astonished me that Fuuko had so much supporters, because people think that Nanase is a horrible girlfriend (there is some truth to this). But they also forgot that the only reason why Fuuko knew things about them is because she is super obsessed with Yuno and stalked her. To the point where she shows up uninvited to places that she knew Yuni and Nanase would be, or in the another case shows up to places that Yuni expected Nanase.

Additionally, she took advantage of Yuno's mental state and easily manipulated her into cheating. Now I'm not saying Yuno is innocent, cheating takes two people. And although Yuno was coerced (I say this because Fuuko basically bothered her everyday until she gave in), Yuno also eventually gave in to the desire of having a relationship where she gets attention (something she lacked and wanted with Nanase).

To me, Fuuko is not likable nor a hero (as you mentioned). She quite literally took advantage of a situation from a person she stalked and is obsessed with. Then throws a fit when she finds out that she was only a side-piece for attention and comfort (even though she tells Yuni all the time about how she's okay with being the number two girl. But I feel that's just a manipulation tactic to make Yuni feel more okay about cheating as long as Nanase is branded as "number 1 girl"). Fuuko is unlikable and creepy.

I think a main reason for supporting Fuuko, at least for me, is because this isn't the type of manga that's supposed tie up neatly and have people act rationally. The author pretty much writes so that you're in support of the cheating. It's the drama. Everyone pretty much acts passively and reactively except for Fuuko.

Fuuko definitely isn't a good person. She's manipulative and obsessive. But it's fun to cheer for the things she does to bend everything to her liking. There's this je ne sais quoi about her ya know. If any character had shared any one trait of hers, I'd most likely dislike them. Putting them together? Let's fucking gooo

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

I give Yuni one chapter before she goes back to cheating with Fuuko because that's just who she is. Weak-willed and not sure what she wants. I am happy to see Nanase finally grow a spine, though the fact that it's to win back her cheating girlfriend docks a few points.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Fuuko's a hero in my heart, here to save Yuni from a doomed relationship with a neglectful Nanase. And how will she do that saving? I imagine we're going to see Nanase's friendship with Yuki, and Yuki's open affection for Nanase, exploited. After all, it gives Fuuko some amazing bait to reel in on the doubt that's going to always exist in Yuni's heart.

Things are already messy, but I'm looking forward to the coming storm. Fuuko's not going to let this lie by any means, I can guarantee it, it just wouldn't be in her character to let this stop her.

It's true that Fuuko is definitely "mentally sick," but it also makes her very interesting. Without her manipulation, any semblance of Nanase changing even remotely for the better never would've occurred. Yuni would've been trapped in a relationship where she would always feel like she was second place to her precious club idiot's sports club. Nanase should honestly thank her for getting Yuni to open up about how she felt about being neglected.

But what's most interesting about this chapter is doubtlessly that planetarium's strength. I expected it to shatter.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

On the one hand, promises to change by your reliably unreliable main girlfriend.

On the other hand, smokin’ hot transgressive sex with your borderline-nutjob downlow lover.

What’s a passive reactive MC to do?

Yeah not even low key I'm really disappointed at yuni, like girl take a good look at fuuko, she's hot AF, emanates powerful top energy, has never shy away of showing her love for you both publicly and in private, she's as crazy and possessive as you. Like damn they were clearly made for each other, what's so good about miss too busy to give a damn about my girlfriend.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Yuni's gonna be back in Fuuko's arms in like two chapters. There's no way Nanase will be able to uphold her promise. Whatever she's offering won't be enough for Yuni since she isn't quitting the club and that one girl has a mad crush on her there from what I remember. Plus, I think Yuni's going to miss being someone's priority. Love this train wreck.

NoOneImportant
joined May 18, 2023

Crazy that the one that didn’t cheat apologizing to the one that did, who, rather than apologizing, blamed her for it, is portrayed as a positive thing. At least the author acknowledges that it’s “disturbing trash”, lol.

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

Yuni was turned on by Nanase's actions.
That was her choice, not Nanase herself.

D338c96c-a3f9-4c48-a9ba-d216263ce903
joined Jun 13, 2016

A new hand touches the beacon...

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

That's all well and good, but I'm still worrying about Yuki getting her kokoro brokoro when she realizes her romantic feelings for Nanase, even more so now that Yuni and Nanase are apparently back together.

joined Mar 11, 2020

Im going to fanfic the shit out of this. Anyone know how to add a category on ao3? LMAO

lemme know when you get that up lol

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

All 3 of these girls have glaring flaws, and frankly shouldn't be in relationships with anyone.
Yuni is weak-willed and fickle. She lacks the determination to not be swayed by the moment. Once a cheater, always a cheater.
Nanase is aloof and neglectful. She lacks protective instinct, and doesn't do enough to keep her partner interested and feeling loved.
Fuuko is a psychopath, manipulator, and homewrecker. Her twisted delusions of true love lead her to act irrationally without regard for others. She's also highly jealous and clingy and couldn't keep that from ruining a relationship even if she dated someone who wasn't already taken.
They don't need each other. They need therapy.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

All 3 of these girls have glaring flaws, and frankly shouldn't be in relationships with anyone.
Yuni is weak-willed and fickle. She lacks the determination to not be swayed by the moment. Once a cheater, always a cheater.
Nanase is aloof and neglectful. She lacks protective instinct, and doesn't do enough to keep her partner interested and feeling loved.
Fuuko is a psychopath, manipulator, and homewrecker. Her twisted delusions of true love lead her to act irrationally without regard for others. She's also highly jealous and clingy and couldn't keep that from ruining a relationship even if she dated someone who wasn't already taken.
They don't need each other. They need therapy.

Japanese people don't usually do therapy, and manga characters sure as shit don't therapy--they're in manga instead.

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

Nanase is hypocrite.
For her is fine to have 2 things she likes at the same time (club and GF), but she forbade Yuni to have 2 girlfriends at the same time.

She is acting awfully wrong in this chapter toward Yuni and Fuuko.

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

Nanase should let these two go fuck themselves, she deserve something better than this
Fuuko and yuni deserve each other
AND EVERYONE NEEDS THERAPY

Hidamari-sketch-homura
joined Dec 18, 2020

Japanese people don't usually do therapy, and manga characters sure as shit don't therapy--they're in manga instead.

Mental healthcare is not, in fact, a foreign concept to the Japanese (you'd know this if you read My Solo Exchange Diary). The reason why characters in anime and manga don't go to therapy is because that would be too convenient for the plot. This is the same reason why characters in Western media don't simply solve all their problems with therapy either.

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 5:43PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Mental healthcare is not, in fact, a foreign concept to the Japanese (you'd know this if you read My Solo Exchange Diary). The reason why characters in anime and manga don't go to therapy is because that would be too convenient for the plot. This is the same reason why characters in Western media don't simply solve all their problems with therapy either.

So all those articles I read just the other day about the Japanese and Chinese cultural stigma against seeking mental health care were just made up, huh? Good to find out. (I never said “foreign concept,” but you go ahead and make up whatever you want.)

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 6:24PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

What are the chances of the author breakdancing on the graves of our expectations by having Nana and Yuni stick together this time?

Ngl, I'd be impressed

joined Jun 27, 2022

I agree. It astonished me that Fuuko had so much supporters, because people think that Nanase is a horrible girlfriend (there is some truth to this). But they also forgot that the only reason why Fuuko knew things about them is because she is super obsessed with Yuni and stalked her. To the point where she shows up uninvited to places that she knew Yuni and Nanase would be, or in another case shows up to places that Yuni expected Nanase.

Additionally, she took advantage of Yuni's mental state and easily manipulated her into cheating. Now I'm not saying Yuni is innocent, cheating takes two people. And although Yuni was coerced (I say this because Fuuko basically bothered her everyday until she gave in), Yuni also eventually gave in to the desire of having a relationship where she gets attention (something she lacked and wanted with Nanase).

To me, Fuuko is not likable nor a hero (as you mentioned). She quite literally took advantage of a situation from a person she stalked and is obsessed with. Then throws a fit when she finds out that she was only a side-piece for attention and comfort (even though she tells Yuni all the time about how she's okay with being the number two girl. But I feel that's just a manipulation tactic to make Yuni feel more okay about cheating as long as Nanase is branded as "number 1 girl"). Fuuko is unlikable and creepy

I'm glad I'm not the only one with common sense. If Fuuko wasn't so charming, pretty and rich to boot people would be crept out by her.

But hey, everyone is free to enjoy this wild ride in their own interpretation eh.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

To me, Fuuko is not likable nor a hero (as you mentioned). She quite literally took advantage of a situation from a person she stalked and is obsessed with. Then throws a fit when she finds out that she was only a side-piece for attention and comfort (even though she tells Yuni all the time about how she's okay with being the number two girl. But I feel that's just a manipulation tactic to make Yuni feel more okay about cheating as long as Nanase is branded as "number 1 girl"). Fuuko is unlikable and creepy

I'm glad I'm not the only one with common sense. If Fuuko wasn't so charming, pretty and rich to boot people would be crept out by her.

But hey, everyone is free to enjoy this wild ride in their own interpretation eh.

Damn, so thinking a fictional character is interesting in spite of or even because of her flaws means I lack common sense. And here I thought I was doing quite well on it.

joined Jun 27, 2022

Damn, so thinking a fictional character is interesting in spite of or even because of her flaws means I lack common sense. And here I thought I was doing quite well on it.

Well you could argue that me and other who highly dislike Fuukos psychotic behavior (stalking, obsession, manipulation,abuse, blackmail etc..) lack common sense since there are so many Fuuko simps.

But I hope we all can find common ground in the fact that Yuni is even more unlikable than Fuuko and Nanase. Yuni is such milquetoast, like folks said before I'll give her a few chaps tops before she's scissoring Fuuko again XD

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

Yuni is gona regret when she realices that Fuuko do it better xD

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

The way I engage in this manga is kind of like walking into someone else’s kitchen where everything is burning and/or on fire, lifting up a few lids to see what’s going on, then walking out again

last edited at Aug 22, 2023 8:11AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Well you could argue that me and other who highly dislike Fuukos psychotic behavior (stalking, obsession, manipulation,abuse, blackmail etc..) lack common sense since there are so many Fuuko simps.

But I hope we all can find common ground in the fact that Yuni is even more unlikable than Fuuko and Nanase. Yuni is such milquetoast, like folks said before I'll give her a few chaps tops before she's scissoring Fuuko again XD

TBF unlike shiho from "whispering you a love song" everyone here knows that fuuko is fucked up and that everything she does is borderline sociopathic, I don't think there's a single soul here that will argue that fuuko is misunderstood, relatable or anything remotely close to a good person.
Really we're all here just to watch the train wreck, sometimes is fun to watch something so unapologetically messed up that doesn't shy away from portraying character as assholes instead of trying to justify their shitty behavior and utterly fail at it

To reply you must either login or sign up.