Forum › Posts by Y___Otaku

joined Dec 13, 2020

i went and read the other one and actually didn't expect that so many panels remained the same structurally (but it makes sense). the first comment had me thinking the narratives diverged.

same. i thought there were significant changes but eh, they were just the same.

this story was a roller coaster for me tho. went from first thinking "oof, is this tragic bc of the suicide tag" to "wait, i've read works with that tag before and it was just attempts and mc gets to have the will to live again today, maybe this too isn't tragic," to freaking feeling like someone just poured a bucket of cold water on me when i got to page 18. and then cried for a few minutes TT_TT.
that page also makes this version better for me than the original bc reading it for the the first time, my heart dropped when i first saw that page as i thought that that was the end bc of the way it was framed, with a thick black border like those significant one page (flashback) reveal scenes. since the original didn't have the same framing (?, idk if my terms are right), it lacked that punch to it. at least for me (or maybe it's bc i was spoiled already but i feel like it's the former rather than the latter)

last edited at Jan 7, 2024 1:26PM

joined Dec 13, 2020

This is ridiculous why would you choose the person that's been neglecting you this entire time?

This. I usually stay away from cheating and love triangles but I let this one slide because actual girlfriend was trash but at least not the abusive kind. Still, she literally never made any effort and chose her club over her own girlfriend again and again and again (and didn't even actually try to balance them or try to be considerate of her girlfriend's feelings). Yes, Fuuko is fucked up (tbh all of them are) but honestly, she was the better choice there imo for all the reasons Nanase sucks.

Y___Otaku
joined Dec 13, 2020

Hi. I can't recall the title of a manga where the strongest shrine maiden (?) was asked to get rid of one of the three most powerful yōkai (?) who can make stuff disappear by counting, then the yōkai became in love with her and protected her from others.

Okiku-san wa Ichatsukitai

Thank you!

Y___Otaku
joined Dec 13, 2020

Hi. I can't recall the title of a manga where the strongest shrine maiden (?) was asked to get rid of one of the three most powerful yōkai (?) who can make stuff disappear by counting, then the yōkai became in love with her and protected her from others.

Y___Otaku
joined Dec 13, 2020

the romance is of course questionable but the psychological aspect is good, damn

Y___Otaku
joined Dec 13, 2020

What a coincidence, it was updated just as I planned to pick it up lol. Thank you!

joined Dec 13, 2020

I wonder what causes more discourse here. People mad that bisexuality and polyamory exist, or the cheating-themed stories we occasionally get.

I think it's more on the fact that we expected a yuri anthology to have yuri only stories (and from what I remember only one story actually explicitly fulfilled this). Like, I'm all for bisexuality and polyamory. I just don't want to consciously consume media about them because I'm mostly interested in monogamous wlw relationships. Seeing a story of this in a yuri anthology series feels like betrayal. It was my fault in the first place for not reading the tags I guess. smh

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 4:36AM