Forum › Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! discussion

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

This relationship is honestly well past the point of being toxic, IMHO. I kinda respect Ayaka for going after her crush, but only grudgingly.

joined Jun 9, 2023

I 100% don't believe there is a possible way for there to be a healthy/function romantic relationship between Hiroko and Ayaka.
At this point they should NOT be a couple.

last edited at Aug 1, 2023 3:43PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I mean I wouldn't say they are toxic but they don't seem ready for a relationship and Hiroko lol, she's being kinda cruel... I mean she knows Ayaka is like... in love with her? Why does she kiss her and then leave her coldly like that? it was still hot though

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I might dislike Hiroko, but I love this series

Yuuya best girl tho

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

why is Hiroko refusing Ayaka

some of you act like you've never lived in a society before lmao

joined May 29, 2021

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Hiroko lives in a mid century yuri subtext tragedy, Ayaka lives in a 2010s romcom manga. This is a yuri multiverse thing. Change the fate of the shoujo tragic heroine through gumption and grit.

Literally a chaste kiss on the lips as a goodbye and ending before the protagonist goes off to their literal or metaphorical queer death is such a like, 1950s shoujo novel thing to do, oh my god

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I mean they're not wrong. Relationship between boss and a subordinate can get really messy irl. Sometimes there's outright ban unless one of them leaves.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

why is Hiroko refusing Ayaka

Agree

joined Jun 11, 2021

hiroko leading ayaka on like this is pretty awful, and yeah it does feel like they both live in different genres of yuri lmao. "i cant be lovers with my subordinate... think of the consequences. i will however go on dates with her and kiss her before solemnly walking away like i'm the victim here and not this girl ten years my junior i continue to fuck with needlessly"
anyway this is one of my favorite series being tl'd right now i love it <3

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I love how Hiroko always says "Oh no, she's going to make me fall for her" when in the very first episode she already was rambling to her bar friends about this cute coworker and she already was having a crush. The series is called "Ayaka is in love with Hiroko" but I believe it could also be the other way round....

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"End up falling for her"? Silly Hiroko, you've fallen a long time ago...

joined May 9, 2017

If Ayaka loves Hiroko that much, I wonder why she never thought of changing jobs for the sake of not having the issue they are having. I mean, like some people said, relationship between boss and subordinate is not really a good option anyway... I admire people that can keep they professional and personal life apart, but it's not their case. Both of them, especially Ayaka are unable to do so.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

If Ayaka loves Hiroko that much, I wonder why she never thought of changing jobs for the sake of not having the issue they are having. I mean, like some people said, relationship between boss and subordinate is not really a good option anyway... I admire people that can keep they professional and personal life apart, but it's not their case. Both of them, especially Ayaka are unable to do so.

Probably because she's worked 13 years to rise in this specific company and can't even consider the thought of resetting all that progress. That's the dilemma though. Would you do that for a new work relationship? Should you? The only thing she can likely do is stay here, and get over her ingrained fears.

last edited at Aug 2, 2023 9:25AM

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Probably because she's worked 13 years to rise in this specific company and can't even consider the thought of resetting all that progress. That's the dilemma though. Would you do that for a new work relationship? Should you? The only thing she can likely do is stay here, and get over her ingrained fears.

They're asking if Ayaka could change jobs. She doesn't have nearly as much invested in the company as Hiroko.

joined Sep 10, 2022

They're asking if Ayaka could change jobs. She doesn't have nearly as much invested in the company as Hiroko.

Oh right! I get them mixed up in my head sometimes. I'll keep this "short," so I'll miss some details but: from Ayaka's POV, a lot of what has been gumming up the works has not been known until very recently. Even now, because of her generational difference (and her personality) she still isn't fully aware of what is preventing Hiroko from dating her. She's still constantly wondering what the real issue with all of this has been because Hiroko has been purposefully obtuse and reluctant to give honest details. Essentially, she's been in the dark for much of the series and just blindly pushing forward, seemingly suspecting that Hiroko was denying her because of her looks, or her efforts or because she wasn't a good worker etc. Each chapter she's tried to "improve" one of her suspected faults in this game of wack-a-mole. She's gotten glimpses into the issues but never a full picture and so never a clear solution. When she thought maybe she found the key issue, she even outed herself, showing (in her mind) that, that's fine and still Hiroko won't love her!? She's confused, rightfully.

At this point in the narrative, Ayaka is just beginning to better realize (or be informed, like at the bar and likely by Hiroko's friends next chapter) that there is a more deep seeded issue that Hiroko is dealing with. So even once she fully understands, I doubt Ayaka will want to side step the solving of that issue by changing jobs (which itself is not at all easy even for Ayaka's rank). Ayaka's personality is also aggressive, stubborn and in your face. That's not the type to leave jobs. She wants Hiroko to understand that her fears (all of her fears, beyond just being "out") aren't warranted as much anymore and I imagine Ayaka also wants to stay at the same job; especially, since she thinks there's no reason to fear. The series is kind of like a detective story, from Ayaka's perspective. The two of them don't seem to have much issue with the boss/subordinate thing (Hiroko uses that when she's deflecting).

last edited at Aug 2, 2023 10:12AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The promotion to just be a promotion with no strings attached makes Hiroko's refusal kinda weak. After Ayako's confession and everyone's reaction it seems kinda ... eeh to just "has a hang up from the past" be the only hurdle. It's obvious that company culture has changed. I think it'd have worked better had there been a bit more to it.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

This love/duty conflict would feel a lot juicier and relatable for me if I had any sense of responsibility. Alas, I am too irresponsible to empathize.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Hahah, I'm starting to wonder if maybe in Japan it's not that uncommon for an older male senior colleague to have a relationship with a younger woman in the workplace. That would kinda make sense that they don't really seem that bothered by it when in my view it's more pressing than them being the same gender lol...
That being said while Ayaka works with Hiroko and Yuuya and all of those as her seniors she doesn't really meet up much with the higher ups and doesn't know what their view are. Hiroko knows and she's terrified that once they know they will make her work life very difficult for her. They will be jealous that two attractive women aren't getting married with men and have decided to be together and become resentful. That's how homophobic older men behave. So I get Hiroko but also why is she going on dates with Ayaka? Lol I found that part really weird

joined Sep 10, 2022

So I get Hiroko but also why is she going on dates with Ayaka? Lol I found that part really weird

Because she's weak to those puppy dog eyes. They make her want to do "stupid" things and she doesn't understand it.

last edited at Aug 3, 2023 7:14AM

Screenshot_20220418-181859_chrome
joined Jul 6, 2022

this is really the only manga on dynasty rn that makes people write these huge walls of text good lord
i dont even know whats happening anymore these two are living in completely different genres and settings lol

and happy 1000+ posts.... at only 22 chapters

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

this is really the only manga on dynasty rn that makes people write these huge walls of text good lord
i dont even know whats happening anymore these two are living in completely different genres and settings lol

and happy 1000+ posts.... at only 22 chapters

Ya it's pretty impressive if you were just doing a cold read of the manga start to finish and couldn't see the comment count by the time you got to the end there's no way you'd guess it's caused such an uproar.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Definitinely not the only one lmao, check out what's happening in the comment section of Whispering you a love song, it's my favourite one

last edited at Aug 4, 2023 9:37AM

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

This manga surely gets huge text walls, which I understand but also don't a bit? Hiroko has shit going on and has a strong sense of responsability, I didn't expect her to wrap things up so quickly tbf, not until she works things out with that happened in the past 'cause she won't be able to continue without wrapping that up.

But fr now though, Ayaka DESERVES an Oscar or somethnig idk, ANY trophy for that patience and resiliience, she's so passionate holy shit. Whether they end up being together or not, this woman needs a reward, she deservers one after all this lmaoo

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Wow, it finally happened. This still feels like an unhealthy relationship, but what I said before applies: grudging respect for Ayaka.

To reply you must either login or sign up.