Forum › Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! discussion

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Ayaka is in need of a lottery ticket.

joined Apr 28, 2019

on my knees for the Doctor..she's so fineeee!!!

joined Feb 14, 2023

"trust me dress up like the woman who broke her heart it will be hilarious"

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Yeah, that's got me wondering whether any of the women at the bar are actually her friends...

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Yeah, that's got me wondering whether any of the women at the bar are actually her friends...

They probably just don't really know what happened with that relationship and how its affected Hiroko. She keeps things close to the chest. I think they know she had a break up at work but not too many specifics. They always say stuff like "she had a bad break up at work" but not anything more direct than that.

last edited at Jul 15, 2023 10:58AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... she asked them what Hiroko wants in a woman. They describe her type, which obviously they do via her long term crush. Nobody said anything about dressing up like her; that's obviously Ayako going off the rails as usual.

People sometimes have weird reads on stuff that's going on manga ^^;

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

I kind of want Hiroko to maybe date her former seniors for a while. It'd satisfy my desire for a resolved plotline...

last edited at Jul 15, 2023 11:11AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

... she asked them what Hiroko wants in a woman. They describe her type, which obviously they do via her long term crush. Nobody said anything about dressing up like her; that's obviously Ayako going off the rails as usual.

People sometimes have weird reads on stuff that's going on manga ^^;

I think your read is weirder. Hiroko has gone out with/flirted with a lot of girls in that bar. Girls they've actually seen, girls who haven't clearly traumatised her.
No matter how close she might be keeping anything to her chest, they knew that her personality before and after that debacle was different.

The wording of Ayaka's question in the translation was "what she wants in a woman", so literally anything they told her she was going to emulate. She was literally telling them what she was already doing to try to get Hiroko's attention. She was asking for that advice specifically.

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 10:39AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

She was asking for that advice specifically.

p.59 "Even though that was supposed to be senpai's exact type."

If you ask about somebody's type and you know their ex-girlfriends, of course you are going to describe them?! That's common sense, nothing crazy about it, as it is evidently true. That's not the same as "and you should totally turn into an exact copy of them".

Also, the chapter specifically recalls the "womanizer" part, implying in a sense that while she had plenty of conquests none where as meaningful as "that one" (so obviously, that's her type - exactly correct).

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

p.59 "Even though that was supposed to be senpai's exact type."

If you ask about somebody's type and you know their ex-girlfriends, of course you are going to describe them?! That's common sense, nothing crazy about it, as it is evidently true. That's not the same as "and you should totally turn into an exact copy of them".

Also, the chapter specifically recalls the "womanizer" part, implying in a sense that while she had plenty of conquests none where as meaningful as "that one" (so obviously, that's her type - exactly correct).

I think the thing is a lot of people are assuming that this was intentional? As if they specifically directed her with advice aimed at making her look like that specific person, but I doubt it was that deliberate.

She asked the girls at the bar what Hiroko's type is. None of them ever met "Senpai." They would have run down a list of the kinds of women Hiroko tends to hit on. She likes dark hair, she likes this kind of hairstyle, etc. It just happened to be that because Hiroko was hung up on Senpai, that's reflected in who they've seen her go after, leading to the unintentional resemblence.

joined Jan 3, 2020

She asked the girls at the bar what Hiroko's type is. None of them ever met "Senpai." They would have run down a list of the kinds of women Hiroko tends to hit on. She likes dark hair, she likes this kind of hairstyle, etc. It just happened to be that because Hiroko was hung up on Senpai, that's reflected in who they've seen her go after, leading to the unintentional resemblence.

You're right that none of them ever met her Senpai but we saw in earlier flashbacks that Hiroko told at least some of them (bartender at least) the gist of the story. It's hard to say how much she said about her Senpai's appearance, though.

I think at least a few of them should have known better than to give out that description for her ideal type because both Hiroko and Ayaka have been coming to the bar to voice their concerns, so they should be able to tell Ayaka pretty easily that what she's doing now is working fine. I think saying just that isn't crossing any privacy boundaries, personally.

last edited at Jul 18, 2023 12:14AM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

You're right that none of them ever met her Senpai but we saw in earlier flashbacks that Hiroko told at least some of them (bartender at least) the gist of the story. It's hard to say how much she said about her Senpai's appearance, though.

In an era of cell phones, it's likely she showed them a picture/s. To get it that close in the first place they must have had something to go on.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

That's either how you meet some version of a best friend, a love or an enemy--they chose, frenemy. No wonder she loves to have a laugh at Hiroko's expense lol.

last edited at Jul 19, 2023 1:01PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

You don't want an exact copy of you, you want someone to complement you.

joined Jul 21, 2020

You don't want an exact copy of you, you want someone to complement you.

I'm reminded of a humorous cartoon I saw in a journal: some guy who had a face just like Groucho Marx was getting married, and the bride in a white gown who stood next to him also had a face just like Groucho Marx.

The caption read: "Narcissistic? Who? Me!? How dare you!"

last edited at Jul 19, 2023 2:04PM

joined Dec 5, 2019

I just love cleavage-san, go for it!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

"There can only be enough lesbian women in all of Japan for one us!"

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Yo hell yea black lesbian rep

Noodlerama001
joined Feb 24, 2023

Having two Alphas date is a receptor for disaster and they know, no one would ever wanna be the bottom

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

In an era of cell phones, it's likely she showed them a picture/s. To get it that close in the first place they must have had something to go on.

You're making assumptions to suit your preconcieved notion. If Hiroko has any pictures of her senpai, and it's entirely possible she doesn't, not everybody takes photos all the time, that doesn't mean she'd show it to anybody, especially to anybody who she's told the story of "we were getting close but she had to quit to protect me from getting outed." Showing a picture would be treading on possibly outing her to strangers. Not cool.

"To get it that close" assumes the GOAL was to make her look like Senpai's mini-me. Nothing we've seen suggests that they were intentionally going for that. It's just as plausible that they noticed that Hiroko has preferences and just, like, answered a direct question about what they think her preferred type is.

last edited at Jul 20, 2023 11:00PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

You're making assumptions to suit your preconcieved notion.

It is highly amusing how much you don't understand that is exactly what you're doing here.
Look, we don't know what the girls at the bar told her. It was a dramatic gag in a comedy manga. It was meant to be obtuse. It literally could be either way.

I'm still sticking that your take is weirder though. Hiroko has literally hit on every girl in that bar. She didn't have a "type" fro the bar according to what we've seen here, so how would they give an exact look based on her old senpai?

Which, I should point out, is entirely irrelevant. My first comment on them not being "friends" to give that advice was entirely to point out the absurdity of the joke, and I didn't mean it in an actual critique of the story so much as, 'lol, those girls at the bar really suck, lol.'

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It is highly amusing how much you don't understand that is exactly what you're doing here.

You're really reaching straight for "I know you are but what am I?"

I'm not making any assumptions. My take is that we don't know what they said, but intentionally and explicitly telling her to cosplay as trauma-senpai would be very weird behavior indeed. I mean, we all know that's weird behavior, that's literally why you guys commented on it.

I'm just pointing out that there is another, perfectly normal explanation, which is that the girls at the bar have a sense of their friend's preferred type, from just knowing her for years.

Look, we don't know what the girls at the bar told her. It was a dramatic gag in a comedy manga. It was meant to be obtuse. It literally could be either way.

And yet initially the explicit assumption of several people in this thread was that they either told her what senpai looked like and she intentionally dressed up as her, or that they told her to dress like that without telling her who she was resembling. (As...a prank, I guess?) The only difference is that you guys are assuming they intentionally did the weird thing that most people wouldn't do, and I'm positing that maybe it was a perfectly normal accidental coincidence.

If we don't know, the thing that normal people would do is a more reasonable assumption than bizarrely myopic pranking, in my opinion.

I'm still sticking that your take is weirder though. Hiroko has literally hit on every girl in that bar. She didn't have a "type" fro the bar according to what we've seen here, so how would they give an exact look based on her old senpai?

We know Hiroko has hit on many girls, but she has explicitly not hit on every girl in that bar, the extra chapter is specifically about a girl she hasn't hit on.

We haven't seen how many girls she's hit on, or how many she's passed on. We don't know if she brings the same enthusiasm to every pass, or if there are girls for which she tries harder. We don't know whether there's a general trend, but it's also very probable that Hiroko has spoken to the girls in the bar about her preferences. I'd argue that's way more likely than Hiroko going: "Here is a picture of my old crush, who I still like, who lost her job because people thought she might be gay. Just in case you ever decide to traumatize me with this knowledge later."

Which, I should point out, is entirely irrelevant. My first comment on them not being "friends" to give that advice was entirely to point out the absurdity of the joke, and I didn't mean it in an actual critique of the story so much as, 'lol, those girls at the bar really suck, lol.'

If you weren't feeling defensive about it, you wouldn't be taking posts responding to other people as criticism of yourself.

last edited at Jul 21, 2023 1:56PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

You're really reaching straight for "I know you are but what am I?"

I'm not making any assumptions.

Bahahahaha. I can't even with you, you really don't realise what you're doing? You're purposely trying to frame yourself as the "right" way with all of your language, then saying that's not what you're saying, then saying that is what you're saying, then saying why are you getting defensive while giving a point-by-point defense of your position.
Let me just end this, because if you literally don't realise that's what you're doing, there's no point in carrying this on any further, you're going to continue to be obtuse. Let me just say that if you re-read back specifically on the line where you said 'you're assuming, but I'm positing', instead of 'you're assuming, and I'm assuming', you're elevating your opinion higher than anyone else's and refusing to take anyone else's point of view seriously. Maybe check that habit. Might not bother you in RL, but it'll for sure get you into entirely avoidable fights on discussion boards from your belittling of other people's opinions.
(I also want to point out, I can have a discussion about my point of view and then decide I no longer want to take the discussion so seriously without being belittled as "being defensive", I just wanted to discuss the potential, as I had assumed you did until you got so hung up on "everyone else is wrong but me")

last edited at Jul 21, 2023 7:25PM

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Y'know... It would be kinda fun to have Risa go out with Cleavage-san and convert her to monogamy. I want to see that ladies woman go 100% deredere doting and affectionate XD

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Hiroko and Cleavage are two different types of womanizer. You have the cool type and the sensual type. You’d think they’d try to woo the other and see who comes out on top.

To reply you must either login or sign up.