Forum › Posts by Valkiria

Valkiria
Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

If there's no balance between drama times and fluffiness gets cloying and you can't enjoy it how it deserves. Is a story about to teens in their first love, jealousness, horniness and insecurities comes on the pack. I could only critzice to mangaka-san that putting everything on Kase and so little on Yamada, feels unbalanced at some point. Perhaps mangaka-san wants to reflect the consequences of his lack of social life outside the track field, you know, it is unconsciously implanted in Kase's mentality that everything is a competition and has to win. So when she sees someone approaching to Yamada, she feels that she should "speed up" in order to not lose her "prize"? I could be rambling

Valkiria
Citrus + discussion 17 Sep 08:24
Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Citrus feels like a circle at this point, it ALWAYS loop back to the same thing: Mei puts the academy above everything else and completely disregard Yuzu's feelings and fears, drama ensue, drama gets resolved (but never thanks to Mei who systematically do everything she can to make things worse), Mei behave like a somewhat normal human being instead of a robot for a very short period of time, then back to square one with Mei putting the academy above everything else.

At this point I just want Saburouta to get to the wedding part as fast as possible and be done with it.

Because you see it in that way, on another point of view, is just Yuzu and her insecurities starting an unnecessary drama once again. It's not Mei's fault if her former classmate is in love with her, she's just making a move for academy's sake and the guy is the allie that she needs. (Let's try not to forget that Yuzu always knew that Mei's dream is to take over the academy and agreed to support her) There's nothing that make you thing that she's doing anything out of the plan, just because the guy says that he likes Mei, doesn't mean that she's gonna reciprocate. I can say: "Ok. Just a teen girl, with teen dramas". But that movie has been played a lot of times. Like you say: It's a loop

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

most of the effort went into fleshing out a character that came along halfway through the story.

Shiho was planned from the beginning, as she appeared as soon as the Volume 2 Extras. But I do agree that it was a mistake to make this Arc so long, even if she is my favorite character and I hope we'll continue to see her as much as possible.

Don't be unfair, Himari and Yori's arc continued to develop.

Absolutely. I made the same argument multiple times when people here acted like those two hadn't had any screen time for the past 25 chapters. But at the same time I think it's undeniably true that this Arc will be remembered as Shiho's, since the focus was always on her, even when she wasn't around.

I don't know if i'm totally agree with this. Even when it feels like the figure of Shiho gets very bright (not so in a positive way) and eclipse the other ones, to me this is the Aki's arc. She's the character that we know and she's the one who get development from the girl who secretly cries for an unrequited love, to make of with her past, close old wounds, leave behind her unrequited love and find a new love to move forward. Shiho's just a trigger to Aki's development, maybe it's the artist's mistake to choose a character as flashy as her. Aki's the one who's gonna be different after this arc, as long as the artist is consistent with the actions of his characters, obviously.

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Suzuya: She might not be the hero we want, but she's the one we needed

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

I thing that this story is showing the womanizer type as some kind of loser, like someone unable to keep a monogamous relationship or fear of having one because old wounds. They can have fun with some different womens, but at the end of the day they're just lonely and the cool shell is just to covers a sad and broken person. I don't know if I'm right, but if I am, soon we will see the story behind Cleavage-san.

Valkiria
Citrus + discussion 23 Jul 20:10
Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

You're mistaking a well-narrated story with good character development, with repeated drama and fanservice. Let's put an example: On chapter x, volume whatever, Mei with tears on her eyes tells Yuzu how much she loves her, ok. But something changes from there? Nothing! The next arc Yuzu is troubled about because she don't have trust on herself and Mei's feelings, and Mei even when she really loves Yuzu, still acts coldly to her. As always. Because Mei loving Yuzu and not expressing her feelings is nothing new since a lot of arcs ago. If you have that moment on chapter x, volume whatever, but nothing changes from there, then you just get fanservice. You can even remove that moment and nothing changes.

last edited at Jul 23, 2023 8:12PM

Valkiria
Citrus + discussion 23 Jul 07:02
Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Ok let's go:
* Almost rape your partner because you're feeling insecure/jealous (second or third time)
* A third party wants to date Mei and asks for Yuzu's help (third time, maybe?)
* Mei and Yuzu talk about it and the drama gets solved as esasily as it began (a million times, it´s Citrus' plot)
* Mei being a kuudere doesn't talk about her troubles, Yuzu misunderstands and starts a drama (a million times, again, it´s Citrus' plot)
* Unnecessary drama of Yuzu and her unscurities about Mei's feelings (i lost count, looks like it's Citrus' plot too)
* Comments argueing if Mei's a toxic or a psyco, when she's just a failure as a kuudere character that never develops (over and over again)

well that´s Citrus for ya! The story that never progresses!
I starting to feel scammed, like i feel that the next arc' plot gonna be something that i already saw, but with new third parties.

last edited at Jul 23, 2023 7:04AM

Valkiria
Citrus + discussion 24 Jun 09:07
Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Since some chapters ago, i feel that this story got stuck and it can't no longer move forward. Is really annoying to see Yuzu, after everything that she's been trought, gets tangled by Matsuri's bullshits. We have (not counting extras) more than 40 chapters in Citrus+ and 40 more in Citrus, more than 80 chapters and Yuzu continues to act exactly the same as in volume 2 or 3. We'll never gonna see some character development on her? She's gonna kepp tripping on her unwarranted insecurities over and over again?

I have a prediction: The boy is indeed in love with Mei, so a drama will ensue in which he asks Yuzu to help him with her. Yuzu will not know what to do and will come to the stupid conclusion that maybe it is better for Mei to be with a boy to finally regret it. A drama will ensue in which Yuzu has to arrive in time to prevent the guy from confessing. If the story is too bogged down as I fear, Mei is going to agree to date him (as happened with the white-haired siscon) the author will probably use some cheap argument like Mei needs him for her plan with both schools. They will swallow like 3 or 4 episodes of repeat drama and it will end with Yuzu confessing (for the fourth time, if I didn't lose count) her love for Mei and back were we start.

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Just some night cry talking with a cool mama-san and some boob's contact was enought to repair Risa. Hope she's fine now.
Can't tell if Ayaka's very brave or very stupid, but I can't deny that she really has guts.

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 6:34PM

Valkiria
Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

It's a big "phew" for me. I really thought that they were be expelled for not being virgins anymore. Is really refreshing seeing them now, how different is they're relationship now and how they roles changed. Mio used to be the shy kouhai who looks for caress who's always gets flustered to talk with mature and confy senpai, and a potential bottom; becomed into a fragile girl in love, to finally turns into a sure girl who pampers her gilfriend, a total top. And Shizuka the senpai who looks sure and mature, a potential top; turned into a unmature and insecure girl fighting to leave the past where is deseve to be, to finally turn up into a sweet girlfriend who wants to be praised and pampered, a total bottom. Again, an story that used to make you feel like a pervert peeping on schoolgirls, demonstrates character's development that any other overhyped story would envy.

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Well, looks like Risa said to Hiroko that just tits are important to her, but forget problems and tears when she gets in contact with some big tits. Life's an poetic irony.. Looking that Ayaka is not chance on for her, hope that must be a good girl for Risa in that bar. Could be manager-chan who looks like a mature and sweet voice of reason or big tits-chan, who looks like a hot momma who loves troubled youngers

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

What a shitty end! Is the laziest end ever by far! Looks like the artist got tired and just write "end" on the last page on some random chapter. If you write a complex story, with plots everywhere, i can understand that you forget/let out some of them unsolved. But this story established just one thread to untie: The relationship between a model and her mannager. You can´t leave it totally unconcluded 'cause the story becomes wasted time. Nothing changes between them, they may have confessed their feelings to each other but their relationship doesn't change at all. I hope the artist has reserved some extra chapter(s) that shuts my mouth off..

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

First of all, sorry if my english hurts.
I feel that´s not a coincidence o lazy design that Okiku´s ex totally looks a alike Ryou, adding the fact that Ryou can see Okiku´s past on her dreams, but not any scene of her past, the scenes when the other girl is involved. Memories from her past life maybe?. So here´s my crazy theory: Okiku´s ex is some
Ryou's ancestor, so Okiku loves her and hates her at the same time, what it caused a fragmentation on her on two evil spirits, the revenger one who can´t forgive her killers and keeps cursing them (Maybe her ex is who ordered her death?); and the lover one who divides herself from the other one (Like Piccolo, but backwards, the good one from the bad one) to protect her lover´s descendants but she lost some part of her memories on the fragmentation.

last edited at Apr 12, 2023 9:41PM

Valkiria
Renjoh discussion 09 Feb 02:09
Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Is really annoying to see a lot of people calling hate to something that clearly isn't. People, don´t call hate to every single opinion that's no coincides with you thougs, everyone can have diferent thougs and is fine, we´re human race, not "one mind race". If we all thought alike, world would be plain and boring.
No one is saying: "She's been with a men, what a bi**" We´re no talking about a bi girl with a previous boyfriend(s) (with everything that implies), we're talking about is a lesbian. Not bi, not pan, not whateve, LESBIAN. She had to practice oral sex to his boyfriend because he insisted and she felled presured for fear to losing him, because she could not understand his feelings and differentiate friend's love from couple's love. And then she try to rest importance, like: "C´mon! I not said that i never did anything" But you just said that you're lesbian and never feel anything for mens! If you´re not feel like doing, sex is not sex, is.. No matter how i look at it, it grossed me out, and inside me the story was going well and with this, it just fell down the stairs. Maybe this story is "too real" for me...

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Wich "no" means yes, and wich "no" means no?
Masumi always said "no" but, looks like, that her previous "no" mean yes. She even says that Satoko never did anything that she don't like, but she always said "no". Where's the boundary? How Satoko gonna know when she has to stop?
On the other hand, i don't really get this manga's "agresive sex full of feelings" cliche. I don't know if Masumi feels bad for Satoko's attack, she's just feeling jealous for her ex, or if she's feeling guilty for being comfortable with the "no but yes" sex and her "I'm not gay" position, without paying attention on Satoko's feelings.
I'm very unconfortable right now. I need answers!!

last edited at Mar 20, 2021 7:12AM

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Looks like the marxist ideas, blur your reading comprehension. The mistress does not uses her power to force the maid to go out with her, she uses them to get an answer, because the maid wanted to avoid answering. If you pay attention the maid never says that she doesn't want to go out with her, but she never says that they're both womens, or she doesn't like her. She just says that she can't because she doesn't want to lose her job. And she throbs and blushes to hell when the mistress reveals her "top" attitude.

Valkiria
Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Here a theory:
When Kaoru says "But out there's still someone who loves me for who i am", whit a blushed face. She's talking about Uta, right? Kaoru says that she need to "stand on her own feets". Maybe she's talking about that she needs to live on her own to feel ready to start again.
Now, let's go to the Uta's part: She says that her world used to be narrow and felt stupid for falling in love within limited boundaries. Maybe (again maybe) she's talking about that she need to grow up and make her world bigger to make sure that her love is real and not just a "I love her because I am a lesbian girl and she is the only older woman reference that I know".
Maybe (yeah, maybe again) the both of them are talking about that they need time to clear therselves, grow up and leave the past out and finally built a real relationship.
This facts could make logical the skip-time to finally show them together, building a healthy relationship.
But is just a theory. I don't even know if this bullshit can be called "open end", because doesn't even look like an end. Is just "let's make a skip-time, some reflections and let the readers make the rest".
Writer lesson for beginers: Just putting "end" on the last page doesn't mean as ending for a story, you got to close the arcs that you opened yourself.

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

I really love the stories about hard delinquents that they're soft inside. I need more of them!

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Well.. I'm starting to getting tired to the "service" thing. Miss landlady's getting too dense and Kozuka, c'mon girl! Just a little "i'm home" peck on the lips don't kill nobody! You had sex twice and you even confessed to her, stop the shyness. By the way, i gess that when Kozuka says: "I'll do something more amazing" miss landlady is thinking about rough sex and Kozuka is thinking about give her the earrings. lol

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Nobody here is a winner, all losers

Yep that exactly

I think it make no sense talking about winner or loser here. If nobody win, nobody lose

That's not totally true. You could not win, but at the same time ruin the chance that another one wins. Yoru just playing for playing, maybe she's in an unhappy marriadge and looking for other options, or just taking revenge for her husband's cheating, but she has not feelings for Sei, not beyond "that foot licker from highschool" (literally and figuratively talking). Sei hurts Aya's feelings and herself, she knows that Yoru has not feelings for her and keep runing on circles on a toxic and self-humillating relationship. Aya just being harm for Sei's autodestruction, sick of being a replacement for Yoru, but too in love to leave.
Looks like there's a winner there? When you literally talk about a game, there's no winners without losers and vice versa, but in real life is not that factical.

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 8:44AM

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

C'mon, miss dense-lady! I know that you feel a bit guilty about having sex with a drunkard, but she's confessing right in front of you and you love her! There's anything more that she can do!? Even with the service thing, there's no way that you could not believe on her eyes and her dilutional reaction after that..

Valkiria
Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Well, some chapters ago i was thinking that Risako was a bitch, now i think that she's a fucked up character. Something like: "I was in love with you, but feeling something for someone is uncomfortable for me. So I decided to act cruelly towards you so that you hate me and I can return to my usual self".. But I like that she's taking the trigger role to Kaoru finally realize that her relationship with Reichi is just a fake.
Now, all roads leads to Uta, but the artist have the hard job of handle it very carefully to not get the feeling that Uta is a second best.

Valkiria
Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

I think it would be easier for them if the people around them knew they are dating. Even so, I begin to think there's a posibility that the black-haired girl is developing feelings for Kase, although she may not have realized it yet, that would explain that stupid sunblock discussion and why she's being so agresive around Yamada.

last edited at Jul 29, 2020 7:07AM

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Valkiria
Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

It was so cute, and wholesome, and fluffy, but when i realize that boss is cheating, all that fluffy feelings jump through the window, break all their bones and died miserably. While reading, when i saw the ring on boss finger, i tried to convince myself that it was a simbolic engangement ring between the girls, but the author's notes broke my heart. It had all the potencial to explore the lover relationship between coworkers with a power gap on their job, never really explored on yuri manga. The cheating thing changes everything, just another adulterous relationship on the office. The boss just shakes the laboral stress and her marriage issues with an affair and the other girl get illusioned and gets a broken heart.
I gonna read the main story when it comes, but not really hyped about.