Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

Mami_freakout_notext_small
joined Mar 18, 2016

Makino's parents once again proving themselves to be the real scumbags here.

joined Jul 29, 2022

I just got mad on their mom

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

It sucks that the parents were even able to out scumbag Makino's expectations of scumbaggery

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I knew their parents were pieces of shit and Makino’s big sis was too naive or is just plain dumb to think these controlling parents would be accepting of her doing anything outside their little heir mold.

I am so sorry for Makino. Her sister is out of the house, so all the pressure falls onto her.

F for scum-chan y’all

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

It sucks that the parents were even able to out scumbag Makino's expectations of scumbaggery

Came to comments to say basically same thing but you beat me to it. sigh Man...

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I knew their parents were pieces of shit and Makino’s big sis was too naive or is just plain dumb to think these controlling parents would be accepting of her doing anything outside their little heir mold.

I am so sorry for Makino. Her sister is out of the house, so all the pressure falls onto her.

F for scum-chan y’all

Big sis was always the clear favorite, so she probably never got to see just how terrible her folks are. The worst part is that this chapter just cements the idea that they never saw Makino as anything more than a backup. They had to make sure she did well so that she didn’t embarrass them, of course, but it’s not until they write off their older child that they really start trying to cram her into the mold they had made for the older one.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Nice title: "Scumbag's Child"

Are we supposed to understand that Makino, being a child of such parents, is not only a scumbag but also a scumbag's child?

joined Oct 21, 2013

Maybe they'll eventually come around and bring Mashiron into the family to take over the family business.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Even for these types of parents, pushing marriage interviews on a 20-year old is kind of early

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

With all the sometimes infuriating scumbaggery of Makino, she always had that touch of goodness behind it. Like how she actually cared and was open to understand others and change, but just a little.

Those parents don't, though. Screw them.

At least the good thing in this chapter is that Rena told her parents to fuck off. Looking forward to Makino doing the same.

DynastyUser382
joined Apr 16, 2021

God how I fuckin hate these forced marriage nonsense. I know it won't go anywhere considering the story of this manga, but still, roll my eyes every time this trope is brought up

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Author continues to be best girl.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

That’s why she need to be independent quickly

joined May 29, 2021

Brides!!!!

joined Nov 21, 2018

From what Sena said, I wouldn't be surprised if her breakup with Makino's sister was over having to pretend to be a man in front of their family and/or her sister's shame in being unable to introduce Sena as a woman/girlfriend.

I ended up being wrong with this prediction before, but it did still come back to bite Makino. :<

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Brides!!!!

Ko is the main reason to read this series,anyone who still thinks its' the series itself is blind.

Also,I wonder what game she's playing?...sounds like a gacha game of some kind for sure...

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Maybe they'll eventually come around and bring Mashiron into the family to take over the family business.

The solution to fights homophobic parents is introducing your super smart girlfriend who’ll make a lot of money for their business

Even for these types of parents, pushing marriage interviews on a 20-year old is kind of early

They probably thinking of it as “prevention” in some kind of twisted “parents who force kids into conversion therapy” way.

last edited at Jul 10, 2023 10:11PM

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

God I love when yuri dives into the nightmare of compulsory heterosexuality

joined Jan 14, 2020

God how I fuckin hate these forced marriage nonsense. I know it won't go anywhere considering the story of this manga, but still, roll my eyes every time this trope is brought up

Arranged marriages were common across the entire world. I don't know how relevant they are for Japan's elite families, but obviously there's enough cultural memory for it to work for the intended audience.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

"Our daughters are starting to understand they're independent human beings, let's ruin their lives before it's too late (we don't care about their happiness)."

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Brides!!!!

Best. Taste. Ever.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

F for scum-chan y’all

Big sis was always the clear favorite, so she probably never got to see just how terrible her folks are. The worst part is that this chapter just cements the idea that they never saw Makino as anything more than a backup. They had to make sure she did well so that she didn’t embarrass them, of course, but it’s not until they write off their older child that they really start trying to cram her into the mold they had made for the older one.

They are basically trying to offload the business inheritance through a marriage since the big sis is refusing the position

Now the question, is Makino gonna run away and live at Mashiros/sister's place or is she gonna try tanking the interviews

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

They probably thinking of it as “prevention” in some kind of twisted “parents who force kids into conversion therapy” way.

It's about the inheritance of the cram school business (the thing that has been on the parents minds all story) they don't even believe that gay exists, if they did they would have disowned the sister

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Now the question, is Makino gonna run away and live at Mashiros/sister's place or is she gonna try tanking the interviews

Well, at the very least she does have all the required skills to absolutely tank any marriage interview, reminds me of the time she told a dude she doesn't have a phone while staring right at it to ignore him

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, fuck those parents...

Never too early, should have started when she left high school /s

To reply you must either login or sign up.