Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Desire is bad.

Yes, it makes otherwise wholesome and pure folks want to hold hands.

Ik,r? And then they want to have the other person say “ah!” to share bites of food.

joined Feb 1, 2021

“My feelings were tainted with desire.”

Doncha hate when that happens? There you are, walking around all enveloped in purity, and then WHAM—desire!

It’s a tough world . . .

Riri has awakened to Buddhism. Desire is the root of all suffering

last edited at May 24, 2023 11:04AM

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So does Riri want Prez to confess so she can move on? Or is it one of those fake lines people paint to hold to some fake hope?
And that line about desire was stupid unless I need some sort of context for it. Was she implying she was merely lusting after the prez? Isn't that what love at first sight sort of is? Or was Riri just berating herself for having too strong feelings for prez?

This "Konga love line" (Since its hard to call it a love triangle) makes me wonder if I prefer the typical drama, where I can just yell the solution at the screen in frustration, or this type of drama where it's frustrating because there's not much to do about it outside of just "dealing with it". The Prez and the nurse have it for each other and then Riri and Uda both wanna reach for someone that isn't interested in them in that way.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

fuck it, uda x nurse now, I don't care it doesn't make sense

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I almost feel like the author is just stretching this out to make Riri's eventual inevitable heartbreak be even more painful for the audience.

At least that would make the day we get Uda and Riri get together more satisfying. All about those silver linings!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I see absolutely zero chance of "poly". Honestly thank goodness. It would just not make any sense, also tbh I dislike it.

Well if the poly disliker forecasts a 0% chance of poly, then it can't be helped I suppose :(

last edited at May 24, 2023 4:29PM

joined Mar 7, 2023

I see absolutely zero chance of "poly". Honestly thank goodness. It would just not make any sense, also tbh I dislike it.

Well if the poly disliker forecasts a 0% chance of poly, then it can't be helped I suppose :(

Aren't you just cute as a button.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

So does Riri want Prez to confess so she can move on? Or is it one of those fake lines people paint to hold to some fake hope?
And that line about desire was stupid unless I need some sort of context for it. Was she implying she was merely lusting after the prez? Isn't that what love at first sight sort of is? Or was Riri just berating herself for having too strong feelings for prez?

This "Konga love line" (Since its hard to call it a love triangle) makes me wonder if I prefer the typical drama, where I can just yell the solution at the screen in frustration, or this type of drama where it's frustrating because there's not much to do about it outside of just "dealing with it". The Prez and the nurse have it for each other and then Riri and Uda both wanna reach for someone that isn't interested in them in that way.

This your first rodeo? Anime lesbians place a lot of value on self-sacrifice for the sake of their loves' happiness. Feeling shame for being possessive or jealous is a thing for some reason. It's bad, tbh; because I grew up with yuri, I ended up internalizing anime lesbian values.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Is it just me or we really have polyamory storyline around the corner?

As someone completely on board with poly... Nope, not seeing it happening in this one.

Anime lesbians place a lot of value on self-sacrifice for the sake of their loves' happiness. Feeling shame for being possessive or jealous is a thing for some reason. It's bad, tbh

If it's a choice between self-sacrifice and yandere, the former will get my vote every time. (I will never forgive Kannazuki no Miko.)

But yeah, seriously, wanting things (be it physical or emotional) is normal and healthy, so long as you can grasp the concepts of no means no and that you won't always get what you want. The topic reminds me of the wishes in Madoka and how there's a trend that directly asking for what they want isn't even considered. That they always ask for something tangential to what they want and wind up disappointed when it doesn't work out.

I don't know enough about Japanese culture to say with certainty if that's the intent, but there's an implied social pressure on girls to only accept what they're given and to never expect or ask for more. Though like in Madoka, the recent trend seems to be about pointing out why that social norm is bloody stupid. But, again, I'm speaking from limited experience on the subject.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The solution to that impass is a threeway.

Don't let society,which already expects you to become a jobless housewife to a office workaholic husband at a black company whilst the cost of living skyrockets so much that the birth rate of the entire nation is at stake,stop you from spooning your loved one whilst she motorboats her first love.

Let nothing stop you from forging a path to happiness,even if the path is not the one you expect,so long as it is your own.

joined Oct 14, 2014

Anime lesbians place a lot of value on self-sacrifice for the sake of their loves' happiness. Feeling shame for being possessive or jealous is a thing for some reason. It's bad, tbh

If it's a choice between self-sacrifice and yandere, the former will get my vote every time. (I will never forgive Kannazuki no Miko.)

Ironic, given Chikane's problem was that she was going too hard on the self-sacrifice angle and couldn't sustain it (and was also too wrapped up in it to realize Himeko wanted to poke her titties or something idk)

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

This your first rodeo? Anime lesbians place a lot of value on self-sacrifice for the sake of their loves' happiness. Feeling shame for being possessive or jealous is a thing for some reason. It's bad, tbh; because I grew up with yuri, I ended up internalizing anime lesbian values.

Damn, that sounds rough

maidenlessclaire
Rkkixs_v_400x400
joined Feb 16, 2023

Ah, I got some Nagisa and Mashiro this chapter. So brief.

I'm not saying I don't like the side characters but the main couple are the highlight of this series and we've barely been seeing them lately. This unrequited love plotline is stretching tf out as well.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Well, I love the unrequited love plotline so I don't see a problem with that

joined Oct 14, 2014

Damn, that sounds rough

Nah, I was Born in the Yuri, I was formed by its embrace. I haven't been capable of meaningfully feeling jealousy or possessiveness in like, a decade.

joined May 3, 2014

The solution to that impass is a threeway.

Don't let society,which already expects you to become a jobless housewife to a office workaholic husband at a black company whilst the cost of living skyrockets so much that the birth rate of the entire nation is at stake,stop you from spooning your loved one whilst she motorboats her first love.

Let nothing stop you from forging a path to happiness,even if the path is not the one you expect,so long as it is your own.

funny because people need to have an inclination for poly to even get over the idea of jelousy (that i heard even if you are poly that is an big issue) the majority of the world fall into mono quite easy

The story has made it clearly there won’t be an poly ending, if the author force it in that will not feel natural

last edited at Jun 24, 2023 5:19AM

Screenshot%202023-08-18%20at%2014-36-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20virgins'%20empire%20ch136
joined Jun 13, 2023

Mashiro can't even handle a single conversation without hugging Nagisa

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

They were just about to kiss in the middle of the classroom there, weren't they? :D

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I almost feel like the author is just stretching this out to make Riri's eventual inevitable heartbreak be even more painful for the audience.

At least that would make the day we get Uda and Riri get together more satisfying. All about those silver linings!

At this point, the heartbreak won't be painful for the audience anymore, since we got beaten over the head with the inevitable outcome. It just got stretched out too much, to the point that there just isn't any tension left, it's just fllopping around.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I appreciate the detail that goes into those "side characters". Seeing things from various perspectives really adds up.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Honestly surprised this is still going but I'm finding any chapters that focus on Riri and Senpai kinda hard to stomach,

joined Jul 2, 2021

Man, I just feel bad for Riri and Uda. Hope the resolution comes sooner.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I guess this subplot does go for a while yeah, but I actually like it that it didn't immediately jump to "oh well I guess she doesn't love me, let's go for that other side character that is conveniently in love with me".

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

You can vote for Anemone in the Next Manga Awards here: https://tsugimanga.jp/en/nominate2023-comics/

last edited at Jun 24, 2023 1:29PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Damn it Uda… me thinks you just jinxed their relationship! Cram school and lack of time can come between the two!

Maybe it’s not just Prez being nice though. Maybe her imperfection is she’s using Riri’s feelings for her?

Either it’s because she likes the attention and affection she’s being showered with and that’s why she’s letting it happen even if she knows she’ll never reciprocate.

Or maybe this is her moving on? Using Riri to get Nurse to be jealous?

I mean Nurse likes her back but she doesn’t know that for sure and Nurse has to push her away. It’s probably only until graduation but Prez has no guarantee of Nurses feelings.

Looks like we’ll be getting her POV next. Can’t wait!

To reply you must either login or sign up.