Forum › The Princess of Sylph discussion

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The one who decides who gets the sword is the god, Sylph. So far the sword had always been inherited by people from the royal family, but this time the god picked a nun instead of the queen. I hope we get a proper answer as to why. Did Natalia lack some qualification? I want to know.

I don't think that's it. The exact phrasing Sara used in chapter 1 was "The real sword is here rooted in me" and not something like "I had been granted the sword" or similar. If I had to guess it's a ploy by Slyph to give Natalia someone she can rely on and keep by her side.

This is only a guess of course, but if it's correct it's definitely working.

It's not correct. The sword is rooted in its host. Natalia's brother, the previous king, called himself the host in chapter 1. But after his death, the nun became the new host. Natalia wasn't chosen as the host for whatever reason.

But that doesn’t mean Natalia ain’t queen because only the next in line can use the sword, just because the sword is hosted in Sara doesn’t mean Natalia is lacking in being queen or Sara is supposed to use the sword insted of Natalia

Natalia is the queen. No one is putting that in doubt. But the sword is not just a symbol, it's very much a weapon the king uses to protect the kingdom from monsters and other dangers. After all, there's a reason her father and brother are dead, right? And we already saw hints of this in the monster that attacked the towns in chapter 2 or 3. What if more powerful monsters attack though? Natalia's power can only do so much without the sword.

That's why it's very strange that the god didn't let Natalia become the host of the sword like her brother and her father before herself. They had the means to protect the kingdom (and still died, mind you) while she does not.

Meanwhile, Sara, someone who doesn't even have the magical power to beat a minor monster, became the host the sword instead of Natalia. It's very strange.

One thing for sure, I don't think Sara can let Natalia use the sword. The sword only responds to its host. That's what Natalia's brother told her in chapter 1. And now the host is Sara.

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 1:29PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I kind of assumed that Natalia would have to pull the sword out of Sara's chest, Utena style, but that really could be wrong. Something like Sara wielding the sword and Natalia supplying her with wind magic, or something similarly cooperative, could be fun as well.

joined May 1, 2021

Just as funny as it is holy.
This story is so cute and everything good in life, it's my favorite thing on this website at the moment.
Sara is an absolute joy ^^

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 5:14PM

joined Aug 11, 2022

Slyph spirit in the water lake of it own house when the princess/queen & nun dancing and laughing together....
Slyph spirit:....FKING NORMIES! GO EXPLODE AND STOP FLIRTING IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE!!! I KNOW I AM PLAYING MATCHMAKER BUT DO YOU HAVE TO DO IT INFRONT OF MY HOUSE!? (Lol that angry tick mark)

Though the tears that the Natalia/Queen drop on her fake sword was formed into a water snake (By Slyph spirit?) because it seeing the Queen too dependent on the fake sword instead of pulling the sword out of the nun (Seed of the sword is created??? Nun says that seed is inside her>> JUST MY theory, the original sword broke and Slyph had to make make a new one inside the nun while the other people higher-up afraid of the public fears made a fake replica sword for the queen...assuming it not a tradition for the royal family to pull swords out of people/nuns...in that case her brother is a d*ck for not telling her or lying that the Sword gives access to memories)

Actually I am curious...would the Queen pull the sword out of the nun just once or would she have to do every time (Option 1)?
(Option2) >Does the nun turns into the sword [Praying nun does not get turn into sword forever if that is the case].
(Option 3)- Nun is the host of the sword and the wielder like what few comments suggested which I do not want...since that would make me a bit afraid for the kingdom future...since Nun is a healer magic...not wind magic or fighter...she is going to have to train in combat in that case...

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

god, chapter 5 made me cry so damn much I'm so happy, I can already see I'll need a whole ass towel by my side for when they get together. These stories with emotional dependency and healing make me so weak I love them I love them I love them! Thanks for bringing this here Blamey, and also thanks for always putting the meaning of the flowers in the end, it's such a cute little touch the author put in the titles and makes me very happy everytime <3

Img_20220628_132851
joined May 13, 2020

wow i love this i didn't expect it to be so good

joined Jul 4, 2018

hold up. this is amazing to me.

artstyle is simple, and i find it endearing. i dont believe it anything special but definitely not mediocre. screw my opinion on that regardless.

but the STORYtelling has me falling in love. i think it depicts the princess going through what a real depression would be like, and its not that pretty. and it didnt follow what a usual trope would be and have the princess pull out the real sword and finding out the secret immediately. the foreshadowing of the princess being attracted towards the real sword, reaching for the nun while fainting.

theres cutesy times, and theres grimy and 'real' times. both heroines seem to have strengths and weaknesses. lot of details shown AND told.

i cant say enough, i think ive fallen so hard in love with his series 3 chapters in just because of the author.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Absolutely love this series. Their relationship is expertly realized.

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 7:42PM

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

it's getting gayerrrrrrrrr

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

That book interlude was so sweet. There are not enough casual moments where it's just about sharing a common interest or introducing someone to what you like. Not unless it's the gimmick of the story or a tool for something bigger.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

bwhahaha took me a second read to figure out the words were just backward and upsidedown, was it printed like that in the original?

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

While this is based on an older twitter manga, this interlude is the first chapter to directly pull a plot from it, though greatly refined and extended (3 into 10 pages). It's a neat reference point for an author's growth.

I'd normally save the twitter extras for later, since they tend to come with minor spoilers, but this one released on the same day to tie in with the chapter and is way too sweet. Something about learning a language for love always gets me.

bwhahaha took me a second read to figure out the words were just backward and upsidedown, was it printed like that in the original?

Yep that's unaltered. Even the text in the book seems to be complete English sentences, though the resolution's too low to read.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Aww, now that's cute

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

So that explains the water snake.

And I'm going to assume that either the snake is trying to get a scheme through or is just concerned for the princess,not realising whose arse actually has the sword deep within them.

Time to see how that pans out.

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

Both these characters are actually blessed I'm enjoying this greatly

joined May 10, 2021

Snek, why did it have to be snek...
Thanks for the chapter!

snowangel526
Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

I like that this shed light on how the princess wasn't as naive as we expected. She knew whut up.

joined May 3, 2014

lets hope we see the power of the wind now that she knows who took her sweet nun :3

joined Jan 17, 2023

Thank you for picking this up! The original sounds like it's gonna put me in depression so I'll avoid it for now. I'm loving this so far, feels like I found a needle in a haystack. I'd defo buy this!

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Since this is another 2-parter and chapter 7's raws aren't out yet, I didn't want to skip ahead guessing which bits of the flower meaning are relevant.
But one of the most common meanings for Kochia is to bare all secrets.

Even having read the original, I'm excited to meet Snake Princess in person since her character's gone through several changes. But she's likely going to be just as important to the first major arc. Glad to see Natalia back to her usual cool self too.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Snake Princess is currently trifling. Another great chapter, this series is amazing with its subtle storytelling, attention to details and characterizations. Also lovely variety of facial expressions.

last edited at May 24, 2023 7:53AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I do not wish to know whether there is any ground to what I am about to guess here. It seems like the princess and the snek are familiar with one another, not necessarily friendly, but somewhere along those lines. I'm interested in seeing where this goes; it doesn't strike me as leading to a bunch of doom and gloom. Snek seems jelly more than anything else, really.

I really like how the princess, upon first hearing the snek's whispers, immediately goes "I'll just ask her lol". I'm reading this as her implying that she did have some doubts or questions about the whole thing, but at this point, she trusts and even cherishes Sara to a degree that she'll just sort it out with her. Also, the fact that Sara's confession was stopped because she can't handle looking at Natalia's face is incredibly endearing to me.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So now we have serpent people cartoonishly kidnapping people and snakes smirking.

A lot of subtly told stories would get that much more exciting if we had snake ninjas smirking at us and kidnapping people.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Why did it have to be snakes?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I wonder what would happen if she just drank the rest of that tea

last edited at May 24, 2023 3:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.