Forum › The Princess of Sylph discussion

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

b58 posted:

I wonder what would happen if she just drank the rest of that tea

snake princess --> dead princess

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I'm impressed, Sara managed to keep her composure with Natalia's arm around her waist

joined Jan 11, 2014

Natalia being weirdly competent 80% of the time is oddly endearing

last edited at May 26, 2023 8:56PM

joined Jan 11, 2014

By the way, for those who want more of these two, the author's twitter is a goddamn treasure trove of fluff between these gals. It's actually killing me how adorable they are.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

This is so cute I'm going to perish

Also clever of the author to draw attention to Natalia's hands all over Sara in the dance segment with speech bubbles. What the hell!!!! I could have gone without flushed emoji thanks!!

Edit: Oh apparently the story is gonna get all dramatic and cool? Sign me up. Makes me think of if Roll Over and Die wasn't bad.

last edited at Jun 15, 2023 4:26AM

joined Jun 11, 2021

im not typically into fantasy yuri but i read this on a whim and im kind of obsessed now. and upset that it's not further along because i need more of them so bad

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

ugh they are so cute it physically makes me want to squeal

De00e7f3-5d55-4e3c-951c-ebac52dc90c4_1_102_o
joined Jul 14, 2021

I feel like chapter 7 is missing some tags…

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Oh this manga is just SOOOO GOOD!!!
I really hope it picks up enough steam for an anime adaptation.

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

Oh, the plot is thickening, and the bonus chapters are so cute I am looking forward to the next chapter.

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

I wouldn't have minded if this chapter went the NSFW route with the snek

142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

i love themmmmmmm

joined Oct 12, 2021

Thank you so much for the TL!

last edited at Jun 27, 2023 5:05AM

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Cool Natalia is finally back. Sadly that tends to come at the expense of happy Sara.

In case anyone forgot, children of the spirits have near limitless mana unlike normal humans. Next chapter will probably get into the consequences of Sara taking Sylpheed. Fun to note that the original pre-serialized version reached the Sylpheed reveal in 50 pages (out of 300 total) while the serialized manga is now doing it at about 250 pages. I expect things to speed up now that the prologue is over.

As for Snake Princess, she's gone through some significant changes in this version. Used to be more passively manipulative yet helpful, but now she's a lot more overtly villainous. A recent concept art for her hints she comes from a noble family that fell into ruin, likely due to some kind of betrayal by common folk which might explain her extreme stance. And yes she is a princess like Natalia so I don't know why she's going around calling herself Undine. But she never had a name in the original so for all I know Mizuchi's it.

About the extra, I hope that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect another kiss before their change in wardrobe. This is their first "plot kiss", but the old version's extras had a lot of non-canon kissing (and much more.) Kamejiro does want this version of the story to be more explicitly romantic.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

This series is the best.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"Underwear tunnel wheee!"

Thanks as always to the translators. Amazing work and care for detail.

Btw...
"Was it something you ate?"
Mizuchi... (facepalm) How come all the princesses in this story suck so much at staying cool and dignified?

joined Jul 25, 2022

Wholesome interactions with comedies here and there. And considering the latest chapters got them to kiss (sort of), I think we can agree that romantic love izza wae hell yea.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I just started reading this yesterday morning. Imagine my surprise when I got to the end of 6.1 and there was a "next" button!

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

I am so deeply scarred that the mere mention of vomit flavored kisses in a cutesy funny extra gave me ptsd flashbacks to "the thing".

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

And so they join the storied echelon of anime sapphics who kissed each other right after one of them puked.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Cool Natalia is finally back. Sadly that tends to come at the expense of happy Sara.

In case anyone forgot, children of the spirits have near limitless mana unlike normal humans. Next chapter will probably get into the consequences of Sara taking Sylpheed. Fun to note that the original pre-serialized version reached the Sylpheed reveal in 50 pages (out of 300 total) while the serialized manga is now doing it at about 250 pages. I expect things to speed up now that the prologue is over.

This is the prologue? Like, there's a whole entire rest of the story after this that we get to see? They're not just going to run off into the sunset?

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

This is the prologue? Like, there's a whole entire rest of the story after this that we get to see? They're not just going to run off into the sunset?

The original web manga covered what the author calls Arc 1: The Capital Incident. Everything so far in the serialized version is likely prologue for that; it's gone well out of its way to flesh out the beginnings of Sara and Natalia's relationship in a way the original mostly sped through. The drip-feed of lore we're getting does seem to be setting things in place for the same incident to occur. And it ended with some consequences that necessitated the two going on a journey.

Kamejiro started this serialization with the intent of getting past that point and exploring more of the world. By now everyone could guess there's an earth nation and fire nation in addition to the wind and water nations, and there's even a decent amount of art for what the princesses of those nations are like—some very minor spoilers here—despite them never appearing in the original story. It's one of those stories the author has been brainstorming for a long time.

Which is all assuming the manga is successful enough to get there and other fun things to worry about, but yeah. While it's not set in stone or anything, Kamejiro wants this to be a sprawling fantasy adventure.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Ah yes,gotta check every nook and cranny with them snake water tentacles to make sure the sword really is up her arse.

Pulling it out of her arse,though,has made her very exhausted,needing some serious after care for such rough treatment.

Also,your majesty,watch out for that tree!

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This manga finds odd ways to gross me out. Like with the ants being all over the cookies she ate in earlier chapters. Now "kissing" after the other girl vomited. Not that I'm complaining, it's just something that doesn't happen too often in the stuff I watch or read.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

The original web manga covered what the author calls Arc 1: The Capital Incident. Everything so far in the serialized version is likely prologue for that; it's gone well out of its way to flesh out the beginnings of Sara and Natalia's relationship in a way the original mostly sped through. The drip-feed of lore we're getting does seem to be setting things in place for the same incident to occur. And it ended with some consequences that necessitated the two going on a journey.

Kamejiro started this serialization with the intent of getting past that point and exploring more of the world. By now everyone could guess there's an earth nation and fire nation in addition to the wind and water nations, and there's even a decent amount of art for what the princesses of those nations are like—some very minor spoilers here—despite them never appearing in the original story. It's one of those stories the author has been brainstorming for a long time.

Which is all assuming the manga is successful enough to get there and other fun things to worry about, but yeah. While it's not set in stone or anything, Kamejiro wants this to be a sprawling fantasy adventure.

Awesome. Really looking forward to whatever they do. They also said they don't think they handle emotional scenes well but I think they've done a wonderful job.

To reply you must either login or sign up.