Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Itshappening
joined Feb 13, 2013

I am going to miss this

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

It's been a blast and an amazing 4 year run! I first read this during my college graduation year while having a rough time so seeing it conclude feels very sad, strange but leaves a warm feeling to me. Thanks for the funny memories! We made it!

last edited at May 16, 2023 10:46PM

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

damn did not expect to almost cry when hino san was reminiscing about all the other things she loves about koguma besides her height.. only to laugh a moment later when they go though with the pre-diploma sex only to have it be the butt of the joke in the end. Hino San you jerk!

I haven't been too happy with the progression of this one but I'm happy with it as a whole and think this last chapter did a good job ending the story we got. however, i'll have to comeback and reread this as an entire finished work to really see what i like and dislike about the story. thank you to everyone who took the time and effort to translate this series for us to read, I cant believe its been almost 7? years?? i gotta say I'll miss seeing new chapters uploaded here..

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I can’t really relate to all these complaints.

Agreed. Of course, matters of taste are matters of taste. But "not happy, not content" seems to be the basic mode for many people these days. I found this to be a funny story with very cute art and great characters. It was a bit different than normal, had surprisingly some character growth (lol) and had a good and clear ending which is a bit rare.

Yeah, it’s amazing how many people seem to have been reading this as primarily a rom-com devoted to an ultimate romantic end-game, when it’s been a (barely) subtext-y gag manga from the very beginning.

I always feel like everyone wants all kinds of stories to read exactly like a planned out novel. Episodic stories by their nature, just can't flow at the pace all readers would want, and progression and endings sometimes seem "forced' because there just isn't room to detail every change in thought and motivation.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I hope we get at least one chapter looking into their future. Though, I guess that would ruin the suspense of whether or not Koguma will surpass Hino

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I can’t really relate to all these complaints.

Agreed. Of course, matters of taste are matters of taste. But "not happy, not content" seems to be the basic mode for many people these days. I found this to be a funny story with very cute art and great characters. It was a bit different than normal, had surprisingly some character growth (lol) and had a good and clear ending which is a bit rare.

Yeah, it’s amazing how many people seem to have been reading this as primarily a rom-com devoted to an ultimate romantic end-game, when it’s been a (barely) subtext-y gag manga from the very beginning.

I always feel like everyone wants all kinds of stories to read exactly like a planned out novel. Episodic stories by their nature, just can't flow at the pace all readers would want, and progression and endings sometimes seem "forced' because there just isn't room to detail every change in thought and motivation.

They should read more fan fiction - or at least more Dickens

A rushed ending is 100% better than no ending at all

last edited at May 19, 2023 4:12PM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

This was what I'd have expected from a 2013 manga, but in the Reiwa era one expects to see actual relationships depicted in their romcoms.

laughs in literally every other popular teasing romcom like Takagi-san, Uzaki-chan and Nagatoro

Please don't lump Nagatoro in with those. Nagatoro has had steady development since the beginning and is currently approaching a possible finale (if it doesn't continue past them getting together). A lot of time has been spent on relationship progression in it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Author tying it all together by showing Hino sucking on Koguma's breasts before cutting away.

Just wanted to agree with this as a way of addressing the “oh no, it ended just when we got some progress” argument by pointing out that Koguma was (shyly and tentatively) willing to have Hino suck her nipples in Chapter 1.

And I believe it was Chapter 10 (the “walking back into school sharing the umbrella” chapter) where it was perfectly obvious that Hino was very much in love with Koguma and not just pranking her.

While there are arguments to be made that some of the pacing of the arcs in this series could have been improved and that there could have been some more world-building detail (especially about the parents on both sides), I think this was an exemplary combination of repetitive gag manga and low-key (until the final chapters) slow-burn romance.

I especially liked the almost infinite variations on the inevitable half-trolling plot-twist that had the audience saying, “Author-san no baka!” along with Koguma, and that gag/pranking context made the actual relationship beats almost unbearably (not a Kogu pun, but let it stand) sweet.

The series was also visually enjoyable, with several effective variations on standard manga tropes, such as Hino’s hilariously dead-eyed “we’re about to go full-metal lewd here” expression, and Koguma’s corresponding “I just got the implications of what Hino said” look, along with Hino’s “multiple groping hands” effect and Koguma’s “whirlwind of tiny bopping fists.” As I mentioned before, I still literally laugh out loud at every panel on the page showing Hino’s CPR-practice protector.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hino_san_no_baka_ch110_5#6

And we’ve mentioned many times the author’s brilliance in implying elements of extreme lewdness while what’s actually shown on the page is quite sedate and unremarkable—the term “suggestive” is often used to mean “slightly risqué,” i.e., the lowest level on a NSFW scale, but in this series it’s quite literal—the copious upskirt shots, partial nudity, and other lewdnesses in the series actually take place almost entirely in the reader’s head.

This one goes in my hall of fame, anyway.

Mariya%20and%20karin%202
joined Nov 27, 2022

Jeez. Did not expect this silly negging comic to result in a slow burn of wholesome flirting and make me laugh and cry so much. So cute. Favorite for sure.

your_otther_chris
Me
joined Jun 19, 2022

The author has published a new one-shot for that... "Spicy" moment.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

That was a nice (additional) wrap on the whole thing. I wish we'd get another one with them somewhere in the future maybe, just to give us a little idea of how things went for them. Especially for Hino. She uh... Had a bit of a bundle there we didn't really do much with.

Fb_img_1506323085663
joined Apr 2, 2017

Now THAT is an ending. Throwback to the first chapters with some characteristic comedy and the usual way to school plus that fading to grey last panel.... AMAZING!!!
This manga went out with a blast

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Blessed.

joined Mar 23, 2022

oh damn godbless author for giving us another unexpected wholesome seggs bonus chapter

joined Mar 23, 2022

one of the best extra chapter, didn't see this coming given the fact author already gave us an unexpected seggs scene on previous chapter.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

And thus ends Kinniku Taro's attempt to proliferate his lolicon fetish across the yuri community. I will never not be amused by this absurd insistence to focus on breasts that simply do not exist. Poor Hino got absolutely no focus for the mere crime of having an average grown body.
I believe he just lost all control around the the time he introduced an actual grade schooler and very randomly threw Omichi at her just to have someone validate the feelings of loving a kid, but good on him for putting the "let's wait until you grow up" clause in the "I am in love with this grade-schooler right now" legal debate.

Joking aside, this was a manga I sort of enjoyed looking forward to binging, because if you do not have to wait for updates the incredibly slow pacing actually doesn't feel that way anymore. When binging the manga it feels like incremental progress is properly made. Was the body swap arc necessary? No. Did the very sudden rush of Hino development save the manga from its repetitive slump? Yes.

Goodbye Hino-san no baka. You truly were a manga.

last edited at Jun 28, 2023 12:55AM

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Truly one of the manga of all time

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Gasped audibly when I saw this in the release list. And, to my incredible surprise, despite being a ".5", it wasn't just like four pages, but a whole real chapter! Very good.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Truly. Absolutely. Perfect. Bliss.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Better than ever.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Oooh, this was a great way to start my day.

joined Aug 29, 2019

As I mentioned before, I still literally laugh out loud at every panel on the page showing Hino’s CPR-practice protector.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hino_san_no_baka_ch110_5#6

Damn, you're right. That one also still gets me (especially in concert with the previous page).

last edited at Jun 28, 2023 7:00AM

joined Jul 28, 2020

I'm really gonna miss them.

joined May 3, 2014

well, i made the right decision then, I read like 30 chapters of this manga thinking it will ACTUALY have quite a lot of romance in it only to be greeted by what some one say, that this manga is mostly an gag manag with bearly an subtext yuri in it >.> now that I jumpet to the ending plus the last .5 chapter i can say i don’t regret not reading the rest of the chapters since for me this kind of manga get’s boring after some while

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"You jerk!" is gonna be in their vows.

To reply you must either login or sign up.