Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

I would say we should have a chapter solely for Shiki. All Dead ghosts (think of them as zoombies) returned as human again. I want to see what sort of a character Shiki is.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

What a great series, I'm glad to have followed it all the way to the end and I hope the author makes more yuri. Amazing art, fun characters, comedy that harkens back to 90s slapstick and unexpectedly lore-heavy. I feel like the author might want to make a history-focused series next, and I'd be there for it. In the meantime I'll get the last two volumes, which are yet to release in my country.

^
That may have only applied to the people turned by Al-Kamil in the fight against Aria's group since her disappearence could've made the effects of her blood dissipate before it was too late, not to every dead ghost ever including ones not turned by her.

last edited at Apr 22, 2023 4:27AM

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

It's... it's beautiful.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice. Good job, Ichika!

joined May 9, 2017

Personally I would have preferred the two being immortal lovers together but that is just the way these kind of stories always go. Becoming mortal because reasons.

Not because reasons. Aria have been suffering because of her immorality for a long time. The beginning of the manga is her trying to get killed to end her suffering. If anything, it would have been way too cheesy to have them live together as if love can resolve anything... I would have been disappointed if it was the case. I'm sure she already found peace knowing she will be with the person she loves and die after growing old together.

I agree with most comments about the end. Too bad a lot of pages were about Ichika loosing memory. The fact that that incident is resolved so quickly is anti-climatic and sound fake. But overall, I'm still happy with the end and the overall manga. I hope we'll get some extra chapters in one way or an other.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Not because reasons.

Sorry I did not mean it like that. I do understand why it was done in this story and it is most likely the best outcome for the two to grow up and old together. It is more a general dislike of this story trope because it is so often used. Seems to be a general theme in fiction that immortality only brings sadness and misery.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Personally I would have preferred the two being immortal lovers together but that is just the way these kind of stories always go. Becoming mortal because reasons.

Not because reasons. Aria have been suffering because of her immorality for a long time. The beginning of the manga is her trying to get killed to end her suffering. If anything, it would have been way too cheesy to have them live together as if love can resolve anything... I would have been disappointed if it was the case. I'm sure she already found peace knowing she will be with the person she loves and die after growing old together.

I agree with most comments about the end. Too bad a lot of pages were about Ichika loosing memory. The fact that that incident is resolved so quickly is anti-climatic and sound fake. But overall, I'm still happy with the end and the overall manga. I hope we'll get some extra chapters in one way or an other.

Actually, I think it was very like them to end it like that. To have Aria have a little struggle. Usually it's Ichika that starts the kisses and tells her she loves her etc. I think thay by making it Aria's choice to continue their relationship it was true to the author's intentions. I'm not a big fan of Amnesia. But I'm glad it was just a couple of pages and for a chapter than it was over a course of a series. It kinda makes sense that it would happen because Aria was the Queen of the Vampires and maybe that's a way to protect their kind etc when the Queen's immortality is taken.

P.S. I also thought we could've gotten 2 chapters for the end because of the memory loss thing. It seemed like not conplete because of all the chapters that led up to Ichika's decision to stab Aria for her sake. BUT maybe that's just our way of saying we're sad to see the series end. I really enjoyed it! It was so fresh and epic. A totally different take on Vampires by having a Queen who is like 14 looking.
And the historical parts. It was a great series. The historically accurate bulidings and timeline. We appreciate everyone involved in the making of this series.

last edited at Apr 22, 2023 7:59AM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

it would have been nice to get a big more of an epilogue of their now mutually mortal life together (maybe there'll be an omake or addendum extra at some point? who knows) but all in all that was p sweet as an ending

SAME! I would like a little something to see what their human life together is like. What kind of job Aria gets (maybe a history professor)?
Maybe seeing them happy and married? Since they did the "Til death do us part thing"?

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Very nice ~~~! I am satisfied with the amount of hugging and kissing in this final chapter. This has been good and wacky from start to finish with some nice antique references and a few serious questions sprinkled in here and there.

My only concern is the new queen. Should such a player really be the queen of the Lilus…? Oh well. It wouldn’t be the first time an incorrigible womanizer became the head of an organization.

I just love happy endings especially if it's yuri happy ending.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Sorry I did not mean it like that. I do understand why it was done in this story and it is most likely the best outcome for the two to grow up and old together. It is more a general dislike of this story trope because it is so often used. Seems to be a general theme in fiction that immortality only brings sadness and misery.

Ok im actually curious cause from my perception its the opposite. I cant really think of a single yuri manga about immortality that ends with the characters losing their immortality and getting to live together normally. Could u send some cuz id find that interesting. And yea generally i share the view of immortality being something horrifying (in fact it was a thought that terrorised me for a year of a few in my childhood and i still think that there is nothing even remotely as terrifying) so i dont really like endings that maintain the immortality.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Ok im actually curious cause from my perception its the opposite. I cant really think of a single yuri manga about immortality that ends with the characters losing their immortality and getting to live together normally. Could u send some cuz id find that interesting. And yea generally i share the view of immortality being something horrifying (in fact it was a thought that terrorised me for a year of a few in my childhood and i still think that there is nothing even remotely as terrifying) so i dont really like endings that maintain the immortality.

I was not talking specifically about yuri but fiction in general. Especially in romantic stories immortality usually shown as something bad because you lose your family and loved ones (which happens in a mortal life anyway but that is rarely addressed).

joined May 9, 2017

Actually, I think it was very like them to end it like that. To have Aria have a little struggle. Usually it's Ichika that starts the kisses and tells her she loves her etc. I think thay by making it Aria's choice to continue their relationship it was true to the author's intentions. I'm not a big fan of Amnesia. But I'm glad it was just a couple of pages and for a chapter than it was over a course of a series.

Now that you mentioned it, it makes sense. I guess the only issue is that that chapter was too short.

joined Aug 8, 2021

We need extra chapters

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

that ending sort of snuck up on me lol. the climax was pretty drawn out and slow so i would've expected the end to be similarly drawn out, but i guess not. great ending tho, definitely a good way to close things out

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Well, that sure was an ending. Can't say I liked it that much since it felt a bit rushed, but it was better than the alternative.

Higashiyama should consider working together with a good script writer, or maybe follow a course on creative writing.

joined Jul 26, 2016

A passable conclusion. Sad to see this story end.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Lots of great moments, some weird tangents that shifted the story tone a bit too much and a lackluster engins. Still love the art, the characters and the humour. Will read again.

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Ahhhhh another series has ended with a great ending so I'm fully satisfied. Although it wouldn't hurt to add more of the blissful ending.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

That was beautiful. I have no other words.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Frankly I was hoping for a Shakespearean tragedy ending... but I guess this is fine if you think of the story as a horror comedy, all the dark backstories notwithstanding.

last edited at Apr 22, 2023 1:32PM

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

Well I think it could have like some more chaps but it's fine this ending was also BEAUTIFUL my heart ;_; it's been 3 years journey lol and it's like my no.1
This manga had everything from comedy to dark and I liked how this manga didnt follow the way like vampires cant go outside or enter houses blah blah blah
A BEAUTIFUL STORY I want an anime of it so bad I wanna watch it before I die lol

Am gonna cry xD this manga did have like a fast ending but still ended well it was great the historical places were interesting too the plot was amazing....I hope in the future their will be more like this
This will be in my top.5 mangas and will never change ^_^

Victory
joined Oct 15, 2020

I guess you can't fault Higashiyama Show too much for the slightly sloppy ending since it's his first serious attempt at a series. Yeah there's the manga Prism but he must have not been too serious about it since he stole a lot of panels and stuff from other artists to the point where he had to cancel it. This manga shows that he's done better than a lot of other hentai artists deciding to transition into normal manga. Also it's got 9 volumes and anytime I see a yuri with more than 3 volumes I get pretty psyched and gotta check it out. It's probably the best vampire yuri out there (maybe?)

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

Fuck I'm so gay

joined Sep 9, 2022

All good thing comes to an end eventually

To reply you must either login or sign up.