Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Noted.

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

The author is a woman. I still agree with your points, though.

I know, but it didn't seem worth it to correct that person and now I kind of regret quoting them without doing so. The vast majority of yuri is actually written by women.

Either they break up, or their relationship is now a series of misunderstandings to keep it interesting. Normal, angst free relationships aren't considered interesting to readers, so the writer is trying to spice it up.

In fairness its kinda tough to keep things interesting and I don't think there's many editors that would let their mangaka continue their series without spice. The "plan" in manga is usually to drag things out as long as humanly possible and then power through the finale in one volume max. Some series switch focus to side characters, while a lot of shoujo tends to focus on insecurities, especially when someone else or theoretically better gets added to the mix. We already went through that somewhat with the 'flowerbed prince' so it seems kinda soon for that but -- if the formula works it works.

I'm not trying to speculate but my hope is that Kase comes out to more people in her orbit; people on her team know she's dating someone but no one actually knows its Yamada.

joined Jan 19, 2023

They're just going to gloss over their problems with sex, I just know it. No resolution, just sex

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I dunno, that last sentence from Yamada seems like it's going to lead to a serious discussion of priorities, which Kase really could use.
Also the title makes me think Kase might be the one to get the hickey, with Yamada marking her territory.
I guess I am just hoping.

Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

"I'll definitely win!" - Kase, 2023

Come on, Kase-san... Look at the mistake you're making! (⁠-⁠_⁠-⁠;⁠)⁠・⁠・⁠・

And I'm not sure about the "hickey" mentioned in the title of this chapter. After all... Who will "hiccup" who? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Come on, Kase-san... Look at the mistake you're making! (⁠-⁠_⁠-⁠;⁠)⁠・⁠・⁠・

Like they mentioned before, this is typical behavior in a husband-wife couple where he must prioritize the workplace over the love life and she must put up with it. The Japanese readers certainly understand the dynamics and get a giggle out of it.

And I'm not sure about the "hickey" mentioned in the title of this chapter. After all... Who will "hiccup" who? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Yamada will hickey Kase as a passive-aggressive riposte to what she perceives as the threat of Fukami.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Dun dun duuuhn

joined Oct 1, 2022

I'm dissatisfied with Yamada's reaction

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Welp, she finally said it...

joined Aug 8, 2020

Kase'd better spill that she has a girlfriend already or I stg.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If Kase was a real prankster she'd respond, "But we're both girls!"

(I know, not as powerful a drop in the context of women's athletics as it might be in genpop.)

Find someone else she already has a girlfriend.

last edited at Apr 3, 2023 1:43PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Mission: Steal Kase away from Yamada
Difficulty: Impossible

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Like they mentioned before, this is typical behavior in a husband-wife couple where he must prioritize the workplace over the love life and she must put up with it. The Japanese readers certainly understand the dynamics and get a giggle out of it.

Is it common workplace dynamics for a fellow worker to confess their love to the husband and ask the husband to stake their marriage on a competition? I could understand if it was just the other friends who were asking for one last team race for fun. This is well beyond that.

last edited at Apr 3, 2023 2:10PM

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

And if she was sensible she'd respond, "The bet is off, I'm leaving right now."

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Being serious, that's exactly right.

And while I don't want to victim-blame Yamada, but rather than her emphasizing her jealousy, I would have much preferred for her to have said, "You put our long-term future at risk to appease your fucking roommate! I wanted that apartment!"

Mikage_240_w
joined Aug 22, 2014

And while I don't want to victim-blame Yamada, but rather than her emphasizing her jealousy, I would have much preferred for her to have said, "You put our long-term future at risk to appease your fucking roommate! I wanted that apartment!"

Yeah, I'd much prefer if this was not a jealousy issue and more about Kase not taking things seriously.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Fukami, sis, I hate to break it to ya, but you lost that war before you even started.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Fukami, sis, I hate to break it to ya, but you lost that war before you even started.

I'm pretty sure she saw the hickey (it was visible in every frame). So she might already know and that would explain her blurting out that confession. She's been aware something's been on for a while and yet she's continued down this path anyway.

last edited at Apr 3, 2023 2:43PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

About exactly as expected. Well, now they've talked things through, and made it very clear they only love the other. And good job marking her, Yamada! :D

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

How can she confess with such a plain expression lol well I guess that’s just her character

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

I want to believe Kase will do the right thing here but... its Kase. Its probably a good time to introduce Yamada to some of her teammates if nothing else.

joined Mar 18, 2023

this manga is profoundly taxing on the brain with its ultra extended nonsensical narrative of absolute bullshittery.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Yeah, I'd much prefer if this was not a jealousy issue and more about Kase not taking things seriously.

I’d prefer some consequences to their moving in together… like Kase getting kicked out of college after being outed.

I think the hickey idea would be great… it’d settle many arguments before they even get started.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Kase still doesn't see anything wrong with what she's done. She's even making fun of Yamada's reaction... And Fukami should have seen the hickey, but still doesn't reconsider anything and insted moves forward with her confession.

I thought I was reading Yamada to Kase-san, turns out I actually got lost in Kuzu no Honkai.

To reply you must either login or sign up.