Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

It better be a goddamn huge hickey next chapter

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

Wow the last chapter triggered me badly and 30.1 doesn't really make it much better.

They lost the apt and Yamada is spineless as ever. Can they fight about losing the apt for such a stupid reason instead of this jealousy BS again. Although she's not wrong, the shitty roommate is the least important factor in this equation anyway.

Also the fact that Kase didn't know Yamada only had 2 months left on their lease. Imagine having such little communication in your relationship. Good luck when yall have to do actual adult shit like filing taxes, getting a mortgage, etc.

I guess now Kase is gonna juggle finding another suitable apt with Yamada with practicing to race the shitty roommate because she didn't laugh in her face and say no to such an idiotic request like a normal person would.

Feels like the author just wanted to shoehorn running into the story again because that's like Kase's wholeass personality.

PS: Where is the fucking hickey? I was promised a hickey.

last edited at Jan 19, 2023 2:13AM

joined Sep 11, 2019

Sigh.
Here we go again.

Itwouldbe-yuriscans
joined Oct 30, 2018

Just caught up with the series and wow, I can't wait for this arc to be over. Or for Kase and Yamada to be over (and come back when they both get their shit together.) Yamada going through her 99th self-esteem and jealousy arc and Kase being stupid and literally prioritizing the club over her GF over something that could have been solved with proper communication is tiring.

joined Sep 28, 2022

at this point I kinda hope the next chapter is gonna be named "breaking up and kase san"

maybe Yamada can meet a nice girl in college

joined Apr 4, 2019

I cant believe Yamada is actually calm with this whole situation.

joined Apr 17, 2017

I know people say she has a crush on Kase, but in order to maintain that crush she's ignoring the fact that she knows Kase has a significant other, and she confronts Kase only with petulance, aggression, and bullying.

Fukami knows Kase has a significant other?? When did she find out???

Chapter 7, although Fukami currently assumes it's a guy.

This is why I think the blame for this amongst the fictional characters has to land mostly on Fukami's shoulders. Knowing this, she doesn't care, and demands this race like a sociopath. Doesn't matter Kase has a special friend, Fukami wants this thing––she only feels Kase's being unfair because Kase isn't giving her exactly what she––Fukami––wants. She's been entirely quiet and non-communicative the entire time she's roomed with Kase (and Kase, while not around sometimes, always makes time to talk with Fukami), and now she blows up and throws a tantrum she frankly has no business throwing in the first place.

Kase, meanwhile, goes out of her way to accommodate Fukami's feelings––and Fukami's response is bitter, as if Kase's done something to wrong her. But this wrong never occurred in the first place. Fukami is totally out of line here. I've heard that in Japanese argumentative traditions the point will often go to the person who expresses the most convincing passion for the subject (not that it's unheard of in the west as a way to win an argument, but apparently the method we prefer to employ in the west––of arranging and directly deploying our best argumentative points––has very little purchase there). Presumably this means that more people are moved by that person's feeling for what they are saying at the time. I suppose this could be what is happening when Fukami faces down Kase. Still, Fukami is entirely in the wrong. And no wonder Kase and Yama react the way they do. Fukami makes it literally impossible for Kase to find any alternative solution to the problem––she has one way she wants this to be resolved; she wants to beat Kase-san––and in doing so, take over her life, I guess. This is such a gross character. She's been a jerk for ages, but in this end game she is really despicable.

In fairness vis a vis my previous post, I suppose none of the members of the team do much for Fukami, either. Both girls are left out to dry here. Fukami has literally no one to talk to. On the other hand, she also chooses not to talk to anyone about anything she's feeling. So I still have no sympathy for her. She has a wretched attitude, in which she seeks to bully others for her own, self-manufactured unhappiness. The annoying thing is, I kind of want a bully's end for her storyline, and I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. I don't want to feel any extra sympathy for this character––she's blown through all the guardrails for me, and is not just a creep. But I'm sure there will be an understanding at the end of this, where Fukami learns something important––something she really could have learned by thinking about things and talking them out with other people, instead of just internalizing––but that understanding will be supposed to ennoble her in the readers' minds. Not appreciated.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Yamada looks depressed as hell. She's been looking down the entire chapter and talking about how much she regrets not moving out sooner.

"But I just have to win, right ?" Godsfuckingdammit Kase. Unrealistic hopes for future directions aside, she'd better lose that race and actually face her own responsibilities. If she gets away with a win because she's the protagonist or Fukami backing down while Kase hasn't learned anything...

At least she apologized and admitted that she panicked. Doesn't excuse her, but it's a step. She still doesn't see any issue with betting her future on a race, though. The last line makes it sound like Yamada is going to properly tell her that it's not okay to brush aside long-term plans to move in with your girlfriend because your roommate got angsty.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

This arc continue to make me irrationally angry

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

She's a saint and it's is fiction where this type of character only exists. Haha

joined Jul 2, 2020

at this point I kinda hope the next chapter is gonna be named "breaking up and kase san"

one that's cooler than any boy and not as stupid as one

20240119_014822
joined Nov 18, 2021

Honestly, just seeing Kase makes my blood boil. Really, really hope that the author knows that they're doing with this plot.

20240119_014822
joined Nov 18, 2021

Hoping for this now. This arc is just infuriating.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I'm willing to accept the author might've known what they wanted from this arc at one point, but everything seems to be a stupid jumbled mess right now. Having to wait two months for a release also is just dragging this out to a dumb degree. I really enjoyed this series at first, maybe more than the original, but this arc has really dragged it down. I hope the author can prove us all wrong and make some actual character development out of this, but it's gonna take a lot of work to not just be stupidly frustrating when it's done.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That at least went better than expected. Although Yamada is clearly about to voice her disappointment as well. A learning moment for Kase for sure.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

I'm willing to accept the author might've known what they wanted from this arc at one point, but everything seems to be a stupid jumbled mess right now. Having to wait two months for a release also is just dragging this out to a dumb degree.

I agree with you that this arc is a mess, but it's been exactly 21 days since the last chapter, not two months.

joined Sep 4, 2016

"But I just have to win, right?"

And what happens if Fukami somehow is able to win? Is Kase going to seriously put both her and Yamada's future at stake over this stupid, inconsequential race? If she wants to fuck around and find out with her future, then that's on her. But now she's actively, and negatively impacting her partner's mental, emotional, and even financial well-being. In the real world, Yamada would have tossed her out on her ass and not looked back. That's how stupid this current arc is.

I really enjoyed the first part of this series, but this sequel is seriously pissing me off at this point.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

PS: Where is the fucking hickey? I was promised a hickey.

It's a 2 part chapter, i think the "part 1" make it obvious enough. I hope it's Yamada putting some hickeys on Kase and Kase having to justify them to Fukami and coming out of the closet and explain the whole situation.

joined Mar 23, 2022

I will throw hands if there is no freaking hickey on the next fucking chapter.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

In the real world, Yamada would have tossed her out on her ass and not looked back. That's how stupid this current arc is.

Eh really? Yamada is way too nice for that. She would have at least tried to talk Kase out of it.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So I originally dropped this after I think 10 chapters. Decided to skim through a few chapters but I still have to ask, is this sequel still in the "mistake" territory? I mean I loved the first one, but this always seemed like the main reason most people are so tired of the artificial drama in their stories.

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

So I originally dropped this after I think 10 chapters. Decided to skim through a few chapters but I still have to ask, is this sequel still in the "mistake" territory? I mean I loved the first one, but this always seemed like the main reason most people are so tired of the artificial drama in their stories.

I think it started out as a special by the author but the editor decided it could be a series (continuation). I believe the author tried to wrap it up with an extra 'they're in college chasing their dreams' chapter not meaning to be a serialization and the editor thought it would be a good idea to keep going. I don't really have a problem with the continuation but that's why it feels a little off. The author didn't seem ready for a second run but rather had a vague idea of what he would like, which wouldn't have filled the pages he needed to so they've just thrown in what they can to extend the season.

Again, this is what I believe has happened and not what I know because I don't (know). I could be wrong.

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

The author didn't seem ready for a second run but rather had a vague idea of what he would like, which wouldn't have filled the pages he needed to so they've just thrown in what they can to extend the season.

Yuri doesn't delve into this territory much but this is par for the course when it come to shoujo series that continue past confession. I want to say it'll get better but if you came for fluff this really isn't the series for you.

Anyway, at least we got to hear Kase's reasoning but she's still a fucking dumbass who can't seem to comprehend there's consequences to her actions. Yamada needs to slap her upside the head but she won't; seems like she's trying to make sense of it and at least confronting Kase about Fukami to some degree.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I really don't like this arc, but I'm willing to wait it out because it does feel like the culmination of something that's been building through volume 3. I felt like the end of volume 2 was a bit of a turning point for Yamada, and while she's not magically fixed of all her issues and insecurities, volume 3 really highlighted how she's become a lot more mature, focusing on not just her future career, but also her future life with Kase. On the flip side, this growth from Yamada highlighted how Kase hasn't really grown much throughout the course of the series, and now that Yamada has come so far, it's high time for Kase to catch up.

This whole ordeal came about because, for all her popularity and seeming confidence, Kase is actually remarkably insecure herself, and she desperately wants everyone to like her, and to avoid any kind of conflict. Fukami pressed this issue, and Kase folded. And this chapter made it clear that she just assumes Yamada is going to go along with it, and why not? She always has in the past after all. So what I'm really hoping for from the next chapter is for Yamada to (finally) assert herself to Kase, and force her to realize that she can't always make everyone happy.

If the author actually delivers with real character growth for Yamada and Kase, I think it would salvage the arc for me. But if they cop out, and it ends without Yamada asserting herself, and with Kase just winning the race and everything getting swept under the rug, I'll be really disappointed.

joined Dec 7, 2022

Well at least Kase realized her actions in postponing the moving plans were wrong and she's applying to Yamada. Already better than last chapter. And I would hope that Kase is about to reassure Yamada that Yamada is more important than anyone else. That "hickey" in the title is promising lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.