Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

I'm looking for mediaeval/dark-fantasy stories. For example something similar to This World Is Mine by Ajiflower and Ryugong. If the recommendations have under 18s (AKA schoolgirls) then I am not interested.

Your Throne ? But the yuri is very subtext-y

last edited at Mar 26, 2023 2:28PM

Capture
joined Mar 23, 2023

I'm looking for mediaeval/dark-fantasy stories. For example something similar to This World Is Mine by Ajiflower and Ryugong. If the recommendations have under 18s (AKA schoolgirls) then I am not interested.

Thanks! Looks like it has potential, I've bookmarked it for later.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Based on the recommendation, I went and read the first 20 chapters of this. I can honestly say, never before have I shipped an FFM threesome.

joined Sep 16, 2014

yuri with 'ara ara' characters. any form of media will do. i am starved for these characters taking the spotlight. they're almost always side characters and it makes me :(

joined Oct 2, 2015

^ A bit late, but for those still looking.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/about_a_fussy_girls_yuri
One of the characters is the calm, sweet, and teasing type, which I feel fit the ara ara type.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/opapagoto
The characters take role of a family, so, you know, dad, children, and mom that fit the character really well.
*This one might be axed, so proceed with caution.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 12:34AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

What's a Yuri manga that made you really pause and think? One of those stories that stick with you after you finish reading, because of how they have you rethink the world/life/humanity etc.

For me, one such story was The Qualia of Purple (or "Qualia the Purple"), which introduces real quantum mechanics concepts (in a fantasy extrapolation, but still). Another was the webcomic Always Human, which offers an interesting view of disability. There was also this one book where the protagonist has epilepsy, but I forget what it's called.

I'd really like to find more stories like those. Got any suggestions?

last edited at Apr 28, 2023 6:39AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

Hey, im looking for some manga (preferably oneshot or short series) where friends start to notice each other romantically/sexually

Lots of these exist. Honestly most Yuri that came out in the 2000-2010 period used this "friends to lovers" trope as a jumping board to try to rationalize things (because back then it needed to be rationalized for whatever reason). Just a short selection of a few favorites:
* Girl Friends: Generally have to buy this one these days, but it's available on most platforms that sell books. This one is very old at this point but still quite good. Just uh, expect homophobia because of the age of the narrative.
* Kasumi and Acchan: Didn't have a real ending but it was still fun.
* Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream: This is a very recent one, but it fulfills your request almost perfectly.
* Bad Thinking Diary: Another very recent one; this one is insanely popular right now. Out of these several recommendations, it is the only one with explicit sex in it. It pushes the "short series" part of your request to an extreme (51 chapters at present), but I figured it was still worth mentioning.

Hi, do you folks know have recommendations for manga (or other media even) featuring a lesbian triad? I've read Introduction to Love Triangles, Luminous Blue and (not a manga) Muted

Well, in the 'other media' category, I just finished reading Heart of Dorkness (Amateur fiction on RoyalRoad). It ends up in a lesbian triad, and I really enjoyed the story too.

What's a Yuri manga that made you really pause and think? One of those stories that stick with you after you finish reading, because of how they have you rethink the world/life/humanity etc.

For me, one such story was The Qualia of Purple (or "Qualia the Purple"), which introduces real quantum mechanics concepts (in a fantasy extrapolation, but still). Another was the webcomic Always Human, which offers an interesting view of disability. There was also this one book where the protagonist has epilepsy, but I forget what it's called.

I'd really like to find more stories like those. Got any suggestions?

Two suggestions sprung to mind instantly.

First: SMILE (Webcomic on Tapas; free)
Second: Soulmate (Manhwa - fan-translated on MangaDex but also available officially on both Tapas and Inkr)

There's certainly tons of others, so I'll edit this if anything else comes to mind.

Edit: Actually, Octave is a decent fit for this. There's some parts I found quite hard to relate, and the protagonist is kind of an awful person (but in a very human way). Overall, it definitely made me really think about what is important.

last edited at Apr 30, 2023 7:47AM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Shishunki Bitter Change (body/gender swap) was an amazing one of this genre.
Wakusei Closet (light horror) was a crazy read.
"Paint" by /a/non is a masterpiece (okay, just kidding on this one...still...)

stories like Sweet Home (by Kim Carnby and Hwang Young-chan) or Shotgun Boy (by Kim Carnby and Hongpil)? both of these can be found on WEBTOON if anyones wondering lol

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

Hello!

I'm looking for more good non-erotic Yuri where the main cast are adults. I've already read crescent moon and doughnut, along with my cute little kitten.

I'm also on the look out for any historically-set Yuri to devour. Preferably excluding NSFW. If there's anything set in the Soviet Union or the early 20th century (1900s-1940s), I'd also like that very very very much.

Thank you!

joined Mar 12, 2018

Hello!

I'm looking for more good non-erotic Yuri where the main cast are adults. I've already read crescent moon and doughnut, along with my cute little kitten.

You can check out the adult life tag

I'm also on the look out for any historically-set Yuri to devour. Preferably excluding NSFW. If there's anything set in the Soviet Union or the early 20th century (1900s-1940s), I'd also like that very very very much.

Hopefully this list will meet your expectations

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Thank you!

Walk Wit Me

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Throw at me messy relationships in vein of The Feelings We All Must Endure, Outro, Haru no Noroi, or the last story in I Can't Tell Anyone. A lighter but dragged out mess like Relationship Guidelines will also suffice.

An additional condition is that I'm in mood for stuff without any supernatural elements (like time travel, dreams of past life as tragic lovers, or an evil amnesiac ex-girlfriend feeling remorseful over her past actions turning out to be a good girl's soul trapped in her body).

If it's a webtoon I probably already know about it but I may have missed something recent.

joined Mar 12, 2018

Throw at me messy relationships in vein of The Feelings We All Must Endure, Outro, Haru no Noroi, or the last story in I Can't Tell Anyone. A lighter but dragged out mess like Relationship Guidelines will also suffice.

An additional condition is that I'm in mood for stuff without any supernatural elements (like time travel, dreams of past life as tragic lovers, or an evil amnesiac ex-girlfriend feeling remorseful over her past actions turning out to be a good girl's soul trapped in her body).

If it's a webtoon I probably already know about it but I may have missed something recent.

Something like those ?
- Bad Thinking Diary
- Girl in the Birdcage
So, Do You Wanna Go Out, Or?
- Love Thy Neighbour
- If I Could Reach You
- My Girlfriend's Not Here Today
- After School Love Affairs
- A Secret Just Between You and Me

last edited at May 30, 2023 3:50PM

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

This is a Korean webtoon, so maybe you already know about it, but just in case: Love Thy Neighbor.

It has a decent number of NSFW scenes, so be mindful of reading it in public, but I find it really compelling, even though I don't usually go for more psychological series.

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Thank you both! I mostly already read or am reading all these, but Love Thy Neighbor is new to me; looks interesting and her old (not yuri) webtoon was great so I'm sure I'l like it!
And After School Love Affairs I apparently put in the wrong baka-updates list and ended up never getting to, so thanks for bringing it up too.

I
joined Dec 17, 2022

风灵玉秀(a Chinese animation), pretty good, hope she will not make something that is breaching yuri。

last edited at Jun 16, 2023 12:20AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Collectors
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Edible Flowers (While it has the Age gap tag, the characters are both working adults.)
Cirque Arachne
The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This
Under One Roof (Incomplete)

If you don't mind bi/het mixed in, the focus of these is on the yuri:
Run Away with Me Girl
Ohana Holoholo

The Adult Life tag would be a good starting point, too.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

My cat just passed away and I'm feeling rather down. Anyone got recommendations for a series or oneshots that have cats involved. I miss my kitty so much.

joined Mar 12, 2018

My cat just passed away and I'm feeling rather down. Anyone got recommendations for a series or oneshots that have cats involved. I miss my kitty so much.

Sorry for your loss. I don’t know if it’s a good recommendation knowing that you cat died but this ?

last edited at Jun 18, 2023 7:40AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

My Cute Little Kitten

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Don't know if you're interested, but Outside of Yuri mangas, Sketchbook Full Colors have a good amount of Cats, and "My roommate is a cat" is a heartwarming show about a reclusive writer opening up to the world after adopting a cat (warning, this one have a bit of drama since both the writer and the cat has experienced loss of loved ones in the past).
ARIA is a relaxing Iyashikei story, the Cats are not the main aspect, but they're kinda always there. (it's rather slow paced, so it's not necessarily for everyone, though)
A man and his Cat is about a older gentleman adopting a big cat.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Been reading the newest GL on Lezhin called Chasing Lillies, and it is completely wild (SFW, shockingly).

The dramatic tension in each episode is so palpable you could cut it with a knife, and the twists and turns are crazy unpredictable. And despite all of that, when you zoom out and look at the situation from a broader perspective, it's actually a fairly wholesome comedy about women with low self-esteem. However, the way everything is framed makes each episode feel almost like an episode of 24 or something. It's truly strange but in a good way. I couldn't put it down.

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 8:50PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 4:10PM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I'm still so upset about Re-Blooming being canceled. I love letINK and I was excited for the paradigm shift that seemed to be coming.

To reply you must either login or sign up.