Forum › Posts by th3va

th3va
Screenshot_2022_0919_022805
joined Sep 19, 2022

does anyone have good rival to lovers reccomendations? i don't mind subtext, but i'm craving something with lots of mutual tension

Screenshot_2022_0919_022805
joined Sep 19, 2022

RadiosAreObsolete posted:

I'd imagine her to be more the type to avoid participating in pe.

I thought the exact same with this part. as Mitsuki clearly doesn't like people and seems to try and be by herself and not noticed why are they now making her a sporty type person as well. Her persona is just all over the place. Not that I'm complaining as it just makes her hotter but it wasn't needed and kinda out of left field.

Idk i dont get this take, people arent just story tropes, theres plenty of people out there that are not very social but still sporty lol.

I wasn't really saying this because of story tropes, but because of my experience in school. From my own classmates, the more reserved ones, almost always didn't participate much in sports. And for Mitsuki in particular it seems a bit weird to me, since—as far as we know at least—she seems more interested in music, so I can't really imagine her to have been involved with sports outside of school either. Besides, the manga itself has no problem relying tropes and personality "types", so even from that perspective, I find the sporty thing to be a bit of a weird choice on the author's part.

While it's certainly more common, it's definitely not the rule. In my highschool there were a fair amount of people (myself and quite a number of others in my group of friends) who were both fairly athletic and fairly reserved and introverted as well. Speaking from my own experience, while I didn't particularly want to stand out, it was also pretty easy to get lost in whatever game we were playing and just focus on enjoying myself. As a result I actually ended up with a reputation for being nigh-impossible to hit in dodgeball, for example, despite not even trying to do anything to earn said reputation.

indeed, and in some cases you can't just sit out PE, like if it's for a grade. i certainly didn't get to sit out any PE class without medical certification. perhaps it was just a mandatory class, and since mitsuki already caught some people's eyes, her above-average athletics would get noticed easier.
(on top of that, if you're a musician you tend to need decent stamina if you plan to play in a band. it takes energy to look cool while playing music!)