Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

An additional condition is that I'm in mood for stuff without any supernatural elements (like time travel, dreams of past life as tragic lovers, or an evil amnesiac ex-girlfriend feeling remorseful over her past actions turning out to be a good girl's soul trapped in her body).

I'm still so upset about Re-Blooming being canceled. I love letINK and I was excited for the paradigm shift that seemed to be coming.

Yeah me too, the story was becoming more and more interesting :((

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Are there any yuri jdramas with a housewife x JK theme or was them not existing the joke?

joined Oct 19, 2022

Are there any yuri jdramas with a housewife x JK theme or was them not existing the joke?

Jdramas you say...
There aren't that many yuri jdramas to begin with, let alone jdramas with that (somewhat niche) theme. I can't think of any right now.

Javs are another story. There are plenty of javs where a housewife has sex with a male schoolmate of her kid (I can remember a few with Aika) so there are probably lesbian ones with a housewife x JK theme.

Then there's manga. You can find mangas with that theme. I don't know if it's been already mentioned, but this one is pretty good.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Just curious if there's a yaoi equivalent to Kase-san. Some kinda warm, fluffy, fuzzy romance between boys in a manner similar to Kase-san (the pre-college bits, anyways).

Obviously it wouldn't be on Dynasty, but if it's on Mangadex or some other well-known site, I'd be interested.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Pretty sure she was referring to the fact that there are het soaps with this kind of subplot. The joke being that the character has seen this dynamic so often that they see it where it (probably) doesn't exist, not specifically about yuri. Not sure if that's exactly a common theme either, though.

I know Age gap AVs exist with both Het or
WxW, but no idea what plots are common in that.

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

Just curious if there's a yaoi equivalent to Kase-san. Some kinda warm, fluffy, fuzzy romance between boys in a manner similar to Kase-san (the pre-college bits, anyways).

Obviously it wouldn't be on Dynasty, but if it's on Mangadex or some other well-known site, I'd be interested.

I’ve read this one a long time ago but I can’t remember what the plot was all about except that the main pairing is cute. this one and this too. This has some astounding art. I’m not very familiar with yaoi/bl but I remember enjoying reading those manhuas.

last edited at Jun 30, 2023 10:57PM

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

I don't know if it's been already mentioned, but this one is pretty good.

JK-chan and Her Male Classmate's Mom is more than good; it's the shining model and template for all other manga series with similar themes!

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

I don't know if it's been already mentioned, but this one is pretty good.

It's (and that one pandacorya short story with home visit) actually what sparked my interest in mum yuri.

Pretty sure she was referring to the fact that there are het soaps with this kind of subplot. The joke being that the character has seen this dynamic so often that they see it where it (probably) doesn't exist, not specifically about yuri.

Makes sense. idk why I didn't consider the friend being male.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Is there any nun x demon yuri, whether a single art, a doujin or a full-on manga, where the demon is the sub/bottom/inexperienced one?

mum yuri.

I love mother Yuri, shame basically no authors tackle it.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

This isn't manga, but recently I've been flipping through DLsite's ASMR sections (all of them except the het ones lmao because I'm even more averse to heterosexuality than I am to men and sometimes the BL ones are moe) and it seems there are three or four major producers of decent 18+ yuri ASMR content, with two circles seemingly headed by women. SukeraSono, the beloved studio whose other divisions are behind Kotonoha Amrilato and OshiRabu, does all ages content.

prussian blue has a neat catalogue and seems to direct voice work in a way that's less "eww what the hell this sounds like a low budget hentai OVA" without crossing the threshold into realistic and therefore uncomfortable for me personally because if this woman isn't a character I'm gonna get hung up over the fact that she didn't consent to me, as an individual, personally and specifically. There's a lot of accompanying materials, including character design sheets and scenario notes, which is really nice. I concluded the character designer is a woman because of the art style and the fixation on fashion and makeup. Either that, or they know their target audience weirdly well, because damn all these characters and scenarios land squarely in my strike zone. Except the mommy student x babby teacher one, because what? I mean I guess the combo of mommy gf + calling the listener sensei is pretty novel, but that ain't my thing.

Manazurukouya ci-en something or other is headed by Rena Sonohana's voice actress, who contributes some R15 voicework but otherwise has industry friends or something (it's the same three people every time) voice the 18+ work. I don't really like these because the voice work and scripts sound too much like a real person/real people and it spooks me, but that's probably a good thing for others. I think these scenarios tend to be less vanilla and more geared towards niches/fetishes/charm points; there's ghost sex and twincest and stuff. Again, not really my thing, despite the founder being cool as hell. She is also on YouTube with a VTuber avatar as Manatsuru Kou, check her out. She played the Japanese translation of Butterfly Soup and like immediately reacted to the kids pretending to use guns to shoot down a dragon while larping like "Ah, this is definitely America."

Natukon produces yuri work as well, but... eh. What's with the voice directing? I do appreciate that like 70% of the pack I bought was some cute setup and some relaxing tracks, but like, the relaxation tracks were just "hey this is asmr come getcha ears cleaned come getcha back washed" and I'm not Japanese enough for this LOL. The one pack I bought had a female knight being down calamitous for her princess as they flee pursuers and when the 18+ track rolls around it would be really cute and romantic but the voice actress sounds like she's acting for some nondescript H OVA. It was a bit sad.

Finally, I see yubinotacto a lot. I think their scenarios and voice directing look good, but their niche is TS yuri, AKA gender bending, so you're paying extra for the 20-40 minute prologue track that puts the listener through the gender bending process, and guess what? I don't need that. LOL. As such, I haven't bought them and don't know what the content is like, but for those lacking a vagina, you might be interested, or otherwise happy to know there's a niche for you.

Oh yeah, these usually include a text script, but it's just text, and it's not as easy to interpret as an accompanying manga. And because the scenaroos are usually more complex than "Asumi hits up Sayaka again" you're gonna need some actual Japanese listening skills, though not much.

The prussian blue packs have an accompanying novelization in PDF form that includes narration/descriptions from the listener character's point of view, plus the listener character's dialogue, which is unvoiced in the audio (makes sense, since it'd cost more, and their stuff is female targeted so it doesn't need two voices to be yuri). I can't read that much, though, so I lament greatly. I can provide pdf raws for a kind translator, but the stipulation would be that the resulting translation be published in plain text, so as not to devalue the graphic design work and to like, kinda have some integrity in piracy. Which is a funny thing to say on a scanlation site, but this stuff is smaller than official published manga while expecting a larger payout than doujinshi published at conventions, and I usually purchase manga that I read here anyway, while I can't necessarily trust others to do so.

last edited at Jul 31, 2023 9:37AM

joined Oct 14, 2014

I’ve read this one a long time ago but I can’t remember what the plot was all about except that the main pairing is cute.

The official EN title is Out of Control and is available on Lezhin and I think Tappytoon. It looked really cute when I saw it, so I'm glad it lives up to that

Is there any nun x demon yuri, whether a single art, a doujin or a full-on manga, where the demon is the sub/bottom/inexperienced one?

I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one nun x demon yuri where the nun is the more assertive/dominant one, but as far as NSFW I'm also certain this niche isn't filled. Except in fanfic. There's plenty without the nun, though. I'll flip through some stuff and check what the nun x demon stuff I saw was.

Edit: Well, it's not on Dynasty, and I don't feel like checking Mangadex, so either it doesn't exist, or it's really old and translations have disappeared from the internet, or it was never translated.
If you'd like, Stray Little Devil has a moeblob demon, but I don't remember who her partner was. It was one of the early yuri greats.
I think Tetragrammaton Labyrinth has a nun, but I dunno about an accompanying demon, and I do remember some contention on whether it was yuri on /u/ all those years ago.

... I was NOT old enough to be on /u/.

But like, /u/ also introduced me to a lot of progressive vernacular well before they entered mainstream usage, so like, it wasn't all bad. Now, though? Naaahhhh. No one should be allowing their kids to hit up /u/ in search of self discovery.

last edited at Jul 31, 2023 9:55AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

At long last, a new chapter of Ichigo Mashimaro! \(⌒◡⌒)/

https://mangadex.org/chapter/f3d82646-c0dd-4d43-9679-67f99d8cd18d

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

... I was NOT old enough to be on /u/.

But like, /u/ also introduced me to a lot of progressive vernacular well before they entered mainstream usage, so like, it wasn't all bad. Now, though? Naaahhhh. No one should be allowing their kids to hit up /u/ in search of self discovery.

I'm an adult and I don't think I'm old enough to be on /u/. I wonder if I'll ever be.

joined Jul 24, 2023

It's been a while since I've read a manga. Can you recommend something? Besides the iconic

joined Oct 14, 2014

It's been a while since I've read a manga. Can you recommend something? Besides the iconic

Cirque Arachne. NOW!!

If you've already read it or are looking for something longer, the other 90s/early 2000s stuff is also good as hell. Pieta, Hatsukoi Shimai, Voiceful, Stray Little Devil, whichever one had the chick eating her dead gf's ashes, etc.

ZeroTheYuriLover
Screenshot_183-min
joined Jan 2, 2022

Any suggestions for completely random and absurd yuri mangas or yuri mangas with very edgy humour? since most of the comedy tag doesnt really do it for me since most arent all that funny to me and ive already read most of the ''what the fuck am i reading?'' tag

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Any suggestions for completely random and absurd yuri mangas or yuri mangas with very edgy humour? since most of the comedy tag doesnt really do it for me since most arent all that funny to me and ive already read most of the ''what the fuck am i reading?'' tag

Have you ever watched Revolutionary Girl Utena?

anyone have something similar to Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san? i love this trope

joined Jul 15, 2023

Any suggestions for completely random and absurd yuri mangas or yuri mangas with very edgy humour? since most of the comedy tag doesnt really explain the meaning of 1212 angel number on the Yuri Manga cover, and most arent all that funny to me and ive already read most of the ''what the fuck am i reading?''

Not necessarily absurd, but I love Futaribeya - A Room for two.

last edited at Oct 9, 2023 6:47PM

Yipeevois
joined Nov 29, 2022

Any ones about friends to benefits to lovers?

joined Mar 19, 2022

Hi I'm looking for any suggestion manga with genre shonen battle but actually girls. Full fantasy action battle, with or without superpower nonsense. It doesn't necessary yuri, subtext is fine. Something similar like Symphogear/Revue Starlight. Thanks for anyone answering!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hi I'm looking for any suggestion manga with genre shonen battle but actually girls. Full fantasy action battle, with or without superpower nonsense. It doesn't necessary yuri, subtext is fine. Something similar like Symphogear/Revue Starlight. Thanks for anyone answering!

SHY
Hero-san and Former General-san
After School Re-Reincarnation!

Screenshot%202023-09-09%20183643
joined May 7, 2023

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here cares about free-to-read Yuri/GL webtoons? I'm currently working on a series I plan to release in a few months and I was hoping I could maybe drop a link here when it's ready.

last edited at Sep 10, 2023 1:26PM

joined Oct 14, 2014

just rewatch majisuka gakuen 1 and 2 for the tenth time like me :sob:

Also Hayate X Blade is pretty much the Original here. Not sure where to find it anymore though. We actually did have a battle manga phase in the yuri realm, but it was pretty dominated by bad/controversial series like Shitsurakuen lol

ZeroTheYuriLover
Screenshot_183-min
joined Jan 2, 2022

is there any yuri manga that is just super edgy and funny like 4chan humor

To reply you must either login or sign up.