Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ Pretty sure that user is asking for examples of "manga with male gay characters/pairs/relationships".

Closest I could think of was Prunus Girl, but that borders more on trans.

@Vaelasu, it's not so much that this is an inappropriate place to ask so much as it's maybe the wrong audience.
While I read yuri, my wife does read gay novels (and for much the same reason: we find traditional romance to feel forced and unsatisfying). I could ask her for rec's if you want, but it wouldn't be manga.

last edited at Jan 5, 2023 8:50AM

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

^ Pretty sure that user is asking for examples of "manga with male gay characters/pairs/relationships".

Ah, you're right, I didn't catch that; since this site mainly hosts yuri manga, that's where my mind defaulted to, lol. In that case, @Vaelasu, you can check out Restart After Coming Back Home, and the sequel, Restart After Growing Hungry, as well as Manly Appetites: Minegishi Loves Otsu, but yeah, you'd probably get better recs asking in a community that's more geared toward yaoi/BL.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Hey, im looking for some manga (preferably oneshot or short series) where friends start to notice each other romantically/sexually

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Hi, do you folks know have recommendations for manga (or other media even) featuring a lesbian triad? I've read Introduction to Love Triangles, Luminous Blue and (not a manga) Muted

Sample_eddd25a7b299325e6bba61de4a51ee369a7c7b22
joined Mar 30, 2022

Hi, do you folks know have recommendations for manga (or other media even) featuring a lesbian triad? I've read Introduction to Love Triangles, Luminous Blue and (not a manga) Muted

AnoKiss has a lesbian poly triad side couple later in the story, but they only get a few chapters. The manga itself is also good, so check out in case you're interested.

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 12:57AM

joined Jan 22, 2023

i rlly like the villainess x heroine trope so is there any more of that stuff outside of dynasty? like , mangadex or whatever. im not familiar w/ mangadex so im js tryna look for recs.

19CharacterUsername
Simple%20colonslash
joined Feb 7, 2023

i rlly like the villainess x heroine trope so is there any more of that stuff outside of dynasty? like , mangadex or whatever. im not familiar w/ mangadex so im js tryna look for recs.

These are all the ones that I could remember the title of off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure I've read more with villainess x heroine so if I recall them I'll post them here.

https://mangadex.org/title/6778b78a-19d8-4fa8-b17e-3c145d2dbd88/perfect-heroine-wants-to-possess-me

https://mangadex.org/title/22d6d048-9f9f-4c3a-95c2-3b145f110e20/watashi-no-oshi-wa-akuyaku-reijou

https://mangadex.org/title/8b34f37a-0181-4f0b-8ce3-01217e9a602c/please-bully-me-miss-villainess

https://mangadex.org/title/5f86656f-551e-4b9c-885b-3503d9629798/i-m-not-cut-out-to-be-a-princess-so-i-ll-elope-with-the-villainess (Oneshot)

https://mangadex.org/title/5ec0922a-4869-4e6b-a154-2307945cc406/the-fed-up-office-lady-wants-to-serve-the-villainess (I don't think this counts as villainess x heroine but I still felt like it could fit here)

I'm pretty sure one of these is already here on dynasty (Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess!) but I'm too lazy to confirm so I put it on the list as well.

last edited at Feb 11, 2023 2:39AM

joined Jan 22, 2023

These are all the ones that I could remember the title of off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure I've read more with villainess x heroine so if I recall them I'll post them here.

https://mangadex.org/title/6778b78a-19d8-4fa8-b17e-3c145d2dbd88/perfect-heroine-wants-to-possess-me

https://mangadex.org/title/22d6d048-9f9f-4c3a-95c2-3b145f110e20/watashi-no-oshi-wa-akuyaku-reijou

https://mangadex.org/title/8b34f37a-0181-4f0b-8ce3-01217e9a602c/please-bully-me-miss-villainess

https://mangadex.org/title/5f86656f-551e-4b9c-885b-3503d9629798/i-m-not-cut-out-to-be-a-princess-so-i-ll-elope-with-the-villainess (Oneshot)

https://mangadex.org/title/5ec0922a-4869-4e6b-a154-2307945cc406/the-fed-up-office-lady-wants-to-serve-the-villainess (I don't think this counts as villainess x heroine but I still felt like it could fit here)

I'm pretty sure one of these is already here on dynasty (Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess!) but I'm too lazy to confirm so I put it on the list as well.

thank you! ive already read all of the tropes on dynasty so i was looking for more , tysm

joined Mar 9, 2021

Does anyone know NSFW yuri with dress-up/fashion themes? It doesn't have to be the major theme, just being there as a small element is fine.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Does anyone know NSFW yuri with dress-up/fashion themes? It doesn't have to be the major theme, just being there as a small element is fine.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/going_beyond_just_a_kiss
Something like this ?

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Just read Just Friends by Ana Oncina, and...it was Just Ok.
Story of an introvert high school girl sent off to camp and makes fast friends with an extrovert girl.
They gradually draw closer until getting together.
Interspersed with the story is the reunion as adults where they drink and recall that time.
The thing is, it is really pretty tepid, them getting together is sweet and all, but it didn't really grab me in the feels.
The art is fine, and while it was pretty expressive, it again didn't 'wow' me either.

Things get spiced up at the end of their retelling of memories, but that is bittersweet as well.
Reason being:
Extrovert girl (manic pixie, bisexual) has been flying into and out of her life every 3-5 years, and then quickly disappears over and over again, this is compounded by the fact that they both have SOs, but they do the deed anyways because...they just can't quit each other...or be in an actual relationship together.
Also, mild het warning:
There is one het kiss during the camp story

Overall a bit of a mix and match of a few yuri tropes that just didn't hit me as satisfying enough to want to come back and read it again. Maybe just not my thing.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I just finished rediscovering and catching up with Until I Become Me and I would love to find another manga in the same vein. It's a unique gender-bender story in that it takes its subject material seriously and does not fetishize it at all which is almost unheard of for this genre. It takes a rather nuanced and thought-provoking look into issues of gender and self-identity.

Does anybody know of any other thoughtful dramatic or slice-of-life gender-bender stories that either aren't romances or which at least don't fetishize the issue? Bonus points if the story has yuri undertones.

last edited at Feb 20, 2023 12:36AM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I just finished rediscovering and catching up with Until I Become Me and I would love to find another manga in the same vein. It's a unique gender-bender story in that it takes its subject material seriously and does not fetishize it at all which is almost unheard of for this genre. It takes a rather nuanced and thought-provoking look into issues of gender and self-identity.

Does anybody know of any other thoughtful dramatic or slice-of-life gender-bender stories that either aren't romances or which at least don't fetishize the issue? Bonus points if the story has yuri undertones.

I currently have three on my list that I had started but got left behind during the MD blackout, but I need to go pick back up:

Okaeri Alice This one doesn’t have a GL tag but seems like it’ll be a love triangle (like an actual triangle) between 3 childhood friends.
Inside Mari This ones a body swap/gender swap with a GL tag. Only up to chapter 11 but seems pretty interesting so far. It’s a mystery plot. MD doesn’t seem to have everything. It’s up to chapter 80 on other sites.
Balance Policy By Akihito (Kyou Kara Mirai & Lily System) so it’s gonna be, well, interesting I imagine. I’ve only read the first chapter so far. Government sponsored Gender Reassignment to combat birth rates is the premise. But it’s tagged GL but I’ve been informed that’s not entirely correct.

I’m torn on recent developments in “Until I Become Me”. I’ll stick with it for a bit longer but I’m not confident it’s going to go the direction I’m hoping for.

last edited at Feb 20, 2023 3:59AM

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021
joined Jul 19, 2018

I currently have three on my list that I had started but got left behind during the MD blackout, but I need to go pick back up:

Okaeri Alice This one doesn’t have a GL tag but seems like it’ll be a love triangle (like an actual triangle) between 3 childhood friends.
Inside Mari This ones a body swap/gender swap with a GL tag. Only up to chapter 11 but seems pretty interesting so far. It’s a mystery plot. MD doesn’t seem to have everything. It’s up to chapter 80 on other sites.
Balance Policy By Akihito (Kyou Kara Mirai & Lily System) so it’s gonna be, well, interesting I imagine. I’ve only read the first chapter so far. Government sponsored Gender Reassignment to combat birth rates is the premise. But it’s tagged GL but I’ve been informed that’s not entirely correct.

I’m torn on recent developments in “Until I Become Me”. I’ll stick with it for a bit longer but I’m not confident it’s going to go the direction I’m hoping for.

Thanks for the solid recommendations. All three were stories that were new to me. Although they still had the usual issue I have with most stories in this genre which is that they tend to be a bit fetishized and revolve around romance, they were serious in tone and had a unique take on the subject. These manga were well worth the read.

last edited at Feb 23, 2023 1:02PM

joined Apr 6, 2022

Hey all. I'm looking for some long-form recommendations, Basically anything over 20 chapters that goes somewhere. I don't mind if its ongoing either as long as it isnt in a hiatus pit...
Stories I've read recently that I've really enjoyed have been Bloom Into You, the Fuzororoi no Renri side stories, Himawari-san, Tadokoro, Can't defy the lonely girl, and I've been keeping up with Liar Satsuki.
Mainly just want to read some more stories that I can knock out a few chapters at a time. Thanks for any reccs!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hey all. I'm looking for some long-form recommendations, Basically anything over 20 chapters that goes somewhere. I don't mind if its ongoing either as long as it isnt in a hiatus pit...
Stories I've read recently that I've really enjoyed have been Bloom Into You, the Fuzororoi no Renri side stories, Himawari-san, Tadokoro, Can't defy the lonely girl, and I've been keeping up with Liar Satsuki.
Mainly just want to read some more stories that I can knock out a few chapters at a time. Thanks for any reccs!

Some of these may be already on the list, but here's some I recommended a while ago for someone who asked for 50+ chapters.

And since that one had some extra requirements, I'll also add Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki!, which I personally consider my favorite ongoing manga, and Hino-san no Baka, which was already mentioned in the request that time.

Screenshot_2022_0919_022805
joined Sep 19, 2022

does anyone have good rival to lovers reccomendations? i don't mind subtext, but i'm craving something with lots of mutual tension

joined Mar 9, 2021

Can someone recommend me NSFW yuri that are actually written by women?

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

That's tricky because the genders of many authors are unknown, and anyone who says they can tell when it's a man is lying.

joined Feb 19, 2022

That's tricky because the genders of many authors are unknown, and anyone who says they can tell when it's a man is lying.

i'm sorry, any time i see pointy balloon boobs i assume it's written by a man

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Found one. A collection of one shots called Afterglow Noise.

joined Jul 19, 2018

i'm sorry, any time i see pointy balloon boobs i assume it's written by a man

The best way to tell is how the characters are written, but even that is just a guess. It's not like there are zero examples of emotionally complex character-driven yuri written by males and I've seen the opposite prove true as well on occasion. Most of the authors I consider female I can't even remember where I got that idea from. It could be anything from random internet conjecture to a proper public reveal but I just don't remember. I'ld hate to list a load of titles only to have it come back later that I was wrong on half of them.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

My sources say Mira is female. She has a good amount of NSFW.

Capture
joined Mar 23, 2023

I'm looking for mediaeval/dark-fantasy stories. For example something similar to This World Is Mine by Ajiflower and Ryugong. If the recommendations have under 18s (AKA schoolgirls) then I am not interested.

To reply you must either login or sign up.