Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Anything where older queer people support/guide or simply create a feeling of solidarity for younger queer people discovering themselves? A few examples I can think of off the top of my head would be Shimanami Tasogare (which is great btw, highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it), that café owner and Sayaka in Bloom Into You or even the school nurse and Shiki in 14-sai no Koi.

Supportive (presumably) non-queer family members are cool too. For example, the uncle in The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All, Yuu's sister in Bloom Into You (god, I love her so much), or Tong Tong's mum in That Time I was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch.

Also, any stories that involve coming out to family or friends? No matter whether it's taken well or not in this case.

Manga/manhwa/manhua/webtoons are all welcome. Novels (and maybe even movies?) too. My preference would be stories with wlw, but anything else is welcome as well.

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

Anything where older queer people support/guide or simply create a feeling of solidarity for younger queer people discovering themselves? A few examples I can think of off the top of my head would be Shimanami Tasogare (which is great btw, highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it), that café owner and Sayaka in Bloom Into You or even the school nurse and Shiki in 14-sai no Koi.

Supportive (presumably) non-queer family members are cool too. For example, the uncle in The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All, Yuu's sister in Bloom Into You (god, I love her so much), or Tong Tong's mum in That Time I was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch.

Also, any stories that involve coming out to family or friends? No matter whether it's taken well or not in this case.

Manga/manhwa/manhua/webtoons are all welcome. Novels (and maybe even movies?) too. My preference would be stories with wlw, but anything else is welcome as well.

Mom, I'm Gay
Uchi no Musuko wa Tabun Gay, I had so much fun reading this one.
Pan Focus, I don't remember if there was a coming out plot in this one but the story was about coming to term with you sexuality or something like that.

There are also the Legend of Korra comics.

Heartstopper (the comics) is all about coming out, at least the first volume.

There's "Love, Simon", a mlm movie.

The mom in "Crush" (2022) on Hulu is like super supportive to her daughter.

"Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga" on Netflix is a lesbian Bollywood movie where coming out is one of the main plot.

last edited at May 31, 2022 6:59PM

joined Mar 12, 2018

I really appreciate the effort you put into your post, thank you very much! As far as the manga goes I have about 90% of that listed in my "read" list here on Dynasty, but you put me onto some really good looking manhwa/manhua so thank you very much! I'm currently addicted to Honey Peach on pocket comics, I know I can read it for free but I try to support to authors where I can.

(PS I can't believe I didn't put Still Sick in my list of favorites, I love that manga to death)

You're welcome :) Supporting authors when you can is very important. If you have Twitter, @glarchive posts gl recommendations every day.

joined Jan 11, 2022

You're welcome :) Supporting authors when you can is very important. If you have Twitter, @glarchive posts gl recommendations every day.

Followed! Do you run that account?

I wish I could get the physical editions but due to corona-chan I am stuck living with my parents, who are pretty homophobic so I have to hide my power level :(
https://tinyurl.com/SFWpowerlvl

last edited at Jun 1, 2022 5:49AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Mom, I'm Gay
Uchi no Musuko wa Tabun Gay, I had so much fun reading this one.
Pan Focus, I don't remember if there was a coming out plot in this one but the story was about coming to term with you sexuality or something like that.

There are also the Legend of Korra comics.

Heartstopper (the comics) is all about coming out, at least the first volume.

There's "Love, Simon", a mlm movie.

The mom in "Crush" (2022) on Hulu is like super supportive to her daughter.

"Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga" on Netflix is a lesbian Bollywood movie where coming out is one of the main plot.

Thanks a bunch, I'll check them out! I've already read the first one and it was pretty good, I hope I'll like the rest too.
I haven't heard the best about the Legend of Korra comics, though, are they any good? I know the Last Airbender comics weren't as good as the series (the ones I read at least) ...But I guess I'll still try them anyway XD

joined Mar 12, 2018

Thanks a bunch, I'll check them out! I've already read the first one and it was pretty good, I hope I'll like the rest too.
I haven't heard the best about the Legend of Korra comics, though, are they any good? I know the Last Airbender comics weren't as good as the series (the ones I read at least) ...But I guess I'll still try them anyway XD

Personally, I didn't like the plot as much as the ones in the Book 3 and 4 but there were lots of Korrasami scenes so I was very satisfied.

Dynasty%20profile%20v5
joined Apr 27, 2018

Hello! :)
I'm looking for some Yuri stories (doesn't matter if there are Oneshots, series, Doujins, etc.) that are about girls who hate/are rivals to them being in love with each other or to become lovers.

Kinda like This, or this.. sort of.

Img_3561
joined Feb 11, 2022

I'm looking for some Yuri stories (doesn't matter if there are Oneshots, series, Doujins, etc.) that are about girls who hate/are rivals to them being in love with each other or to become lovers.

Try this,
maybe this?
Or this?
this and it’s sequel are excellent

Dynasty%20profile%20v5
joined Apr 27, 2018

Roodypatooti posted:

Try this,
maybe this?
Or this?
this and it’s sequel are excellent

Those look great! Thanks for the recommendations! :)

joined Feb 19, 2022

can anyone recommend me some good original yuri from mangadex that hasn't made it to dynasty? i used to keep up with both sites before the mangadex hack and i never really went back when it came back. luckily a lot of translators started also posting here. but if anyone could recommend any hidden gems i've missed i'd really appreciate it

joined Apr 3, 2022

sister-in-law yuri angst. ive already read My Unrequited Love (tMnR) and Living With My Brother's wife (Kuzushiro) (not yuri, more like yuri bait although pretty good but i dropped it so idk really)
btw im a sucker for angst so if anybody has any good aaaaaaangst manga please recommend it to me. thanks.

last edited at Jun 25, 2022 2:17PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.